[SPOILER-FREE] Van Halen 2012 discussion

Towelie

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Sheen was also there, pic is on his website.

I wish we could turn this into a Van Halen board for the next few months. This is the kind of circus like atmosphere that I want around Guns.

l.jpg

The short hair was cool during the last tour as it was another sign he'd gotten himself together. But dig the longer hair again now, looks more like EVH the guitar hero rather than Ed the father on stage with Wolfie. :)

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Setlist for the dress rehearsal gig. This will surely be expanded upon for the full show:

You Really Got Me

Runnin' With The Devil

She's The Woman

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Tattoo

Everybody Wants Some!!

Beautiful Girls

Ice Cream Man

China Town

Dance The Night Away

Hot For Teacher

Blood And Fire

EVH Solo

Panama

Jump

I hope there's more new stuff.

Hope they add You and Your Blues and Tattoo, at least. And where the fuck is Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love?!

Setlist for the dress rehearsal gig. This will surely be expanded upon for the full show:

You Really Got Me

Runnin' With The Devil

She's The Woman

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Tattoo

Everybody Wants Some!!

Beautiful Girls

Ice Cream Man

China Town

Dance The Night Away

Hot For Teacher

Blood And Fire

EVH Solo

Panama

Jump

Hope they add You and Your Blues and Tattoo, at least. And where the fuck is Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love?!

Tattoo was played. It's there. ;)

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love was played at the show on the 1st.

You Really Got Me

Runnin' With The Devil

She's The Woman

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Tattoo

Everybody Wants Some!!

Beautiful Girls

Ice Cream Man

China Town

Dance The Night Away

Hot For Teacher

Blood And Fire

EVH Solo

Panama

Jump

They only played like 15 songs the other night. They'll add 7-10 more, pretty sure ATBL will be one, they always play it. You and Your Blues would rock for sure. I'm dreaming of Honeybabysweetiedoll live. :wub:

If I had to choose, I'd want Stay Frosty over Ice Cream Man since I've heard the latter so many times, but not sure they'll play both and ICM seems to be on the list...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Something completely unrelated to the current discussion but I haven't mentioned yet - I love the new Wolfgang Stealth guitar. Looks killer and sounds awesome. It's cool that Ed also added a killswitch to it (check out the end of the You Really Got Me solo in the recent video).

We can probably expect a set list similar to last tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/van-halen/2007/air-canada-centre-toronto-on-canada-bd7a96e.html

24 songs plus drum and guitar solos.

New songs too of course, which I'll gladly take over something like Pretty Woman.

Oh god...anything over Pretty Woman.

..all prints of that video should be burned too

We can probably expect a set list similar to last tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/van-halen/2007/air-canada-centre-toronto-on-canada-bd7a96e.html

24 songs plus drum and guitar solos.

New songs too of course, which I'll gladly take over something like Pretty Woman.

Oh god...anything over Pretty Woman.

..all prints of that video should be burned too

Totally agree on PW and put Dancing In the Street in the same category. If you have to play those because they're old hits and appeal to the wider female audience, jam a few of these into a cool, quick medley and leave more time for the new stuff. It's gotta be a tough balancing act, but hopefully with the great reviews and overwheliming fan feedback, they add more and more new songs to the setlist...

Edited by Turn_It_Up