Chinese Democracy Annual Convention

CoolRanchDressing

A lot of bands, movies and TV shows have annual fan conventions. I was wondering if anything like that is in the works for Chinese Democracy? And if not, then we should see about putting one together. It could be very informative and a lot of fun.

Random ideas:

Discussion Panels with music critics, engineers

Q & A's with band members

Private acoustic performances with select band members

Costume Ball / Dance contest

Viewings of unreleased concert videos and documentary clips (Better video?)

and of course lots of raging hotel room parties where we can all meet up!

And I think a convention like this would be an ideal place to premiere new music.

EDIT: TITLE MODIFIED PER SUGGESTION

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

I thought the forums were the "Chinese Democracy Conventions" examining and discussing each aspect of GNR,List of gigs/history/collecting pics,and news articles.

Even some erroneous theories/speculations/yada,yada,yada

All we need except the official uniforms that holds us back from being as cool as Star Trek conventions. :xmassrudolph:

Im already interested

Maybe we could get the ball rolling on this. I think we should hold it in which ever city would be easiest for the band members to attend, in hopes of making it more likely that they can. We can't get all of them, but maybe a few. Or sound engineers or producers.

Also, a Kareoke contest is a dynamite idea! Maybe we could get band members to donate some cool prizes, if they can't come in person. What if Axl Rose recorded your personal voice mail greeting?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I hope Paul Huge has a stall and we all burn a caricature of Irving Azoff at the end of the night.

I'd also like to see MSL show and put Jarmo in a sleeper hold.

Of Course! Sir Huge. The Ragin' Mank, himself. He'd be an ideal guest for Chinese Democracy-Con. It'd be amazing to hear an in-depth take on his song writing process, and how his compositions came into existence. He's so mysterious. Nobody knows much about him, other than Axl says he saved Guns N' Roses. Absolutely one of my personal favorite gunners, and certainly the best "riff master" since Izzy Stradlin'.

I doubt you would have the kind of money to put together something like this. Conventions take a LOT of money upfront. Even the small conventions cost upwards of $25,000. Trust me, I know. Then you have to hope you will cover your loses with ticket sales. It's a slippery slope and could potentially cost you a lot of money. A GNR convention would be fun though. I'd definitely go.

Why a Chinese Democracy Convention and not just a Guns N' Roses convention? Or if you prefer only new material to be discussed, then an Axl Rose convention. The reason I am asking is because I don't see the point of naming an annual convention by just an album name which is already dated and would be even more dated once G N' R releases their next album.

I don't see why you need band-member involvement in this. It just sets things up for a fall.

Why not instead have an annual meet for "New GN'R" fans to get together, discuss the music, play it, party, have a good time.

Fans could put on the 'events' and then if a band member does turn up, well great. If not, who cares.