DJ Ashaba "I wrote 12 songs for new GNR album"

gnrkoncerti

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as that album has the cd left overs/bucket songs in with some new song then that's good

I really hope these albums see the light of day. I'll spew if Robin's parts get cut and redone by DJ.

As long as that album has the cd left overs/bucket songs in with some new song then that's good

I really hope these albums see the light of day. I'll spew if Robin's parts get cut and redone by DJ.

Yeah it is great they are writing new songs but what about the rest of the CD songs?

Yeah it is great they are writing new songs but what about the rest of the CD songs?

Dj is kidding himself if he thinks there will be a gnr album soley with songs from this lineup

well fuckers,I started this thread,so I deserved "thank you" coments,lol,hahaha

Thanks for posting. Appreciated.

This is good news. DJ said it's 12 songs AXL LIKED that, I thought, was the best part of it.

Also, HOURS worth of music? :shocked:

It's nice and all, but this is just the start of a process. We'll just have to wait and see. I do have a good feeling about this.

The ideal scenario for me will be cd2 with maybe a little Bumble and Frank released, untouched, with Bucket/Robin/Brain

and then an album from this line up. Or you know...maybe a double but chances for that are slim to none.

Edited by Rovim

So maybe this means were getting new new material

Not maybe, we are!!! :thumbsup:

it just cant mean anything else i mean it seems like shit is just lining up for new album rock1 rock1

So true! And with Beta and company running things now, there will be no stopping GNR and its bright future. We know Beta will focus on the current GNR and never waist her time with reunion stuff.

Until Beta is writing the checks that pay for the recording/marketing/and other costs associated with the band, the label is still holding all the cards and calling all the shots.

I am sure DJ is thrilled with the songs he wrote, but as he will soon find out (like all the other members of the past decade have) it all comes down to money, and recording new material when there is paid for material already recorded is not going to happen.

The topic is slightly misleading since it implies that Dj believes his 12 songs will actually be on the next record. That is not what he is saying. He is saying that he has written 12 songs that Axl likes, and that they will focus on recording a new record. Not that all of those, or even any of those songs, will be featured on the record.

Here's what he says:

Dj: Hehehe, I can't give anyone a definite date or anything because, again, I can't give anyone false hope, but I can say it absolutely is our main priority. And I cannot wait to get...I mean, Axl has tons and tons of stuff recorded as it is, I mean, he sits there in his hotel room and play me hours of stuff. And I've written, you know, over 10 songs, for -- I think 12 songs now -- for him that he really likes and I think that once we all, now that we are off tour, we're gonna kinda start talking about, hey, let's piece together what we feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record. You know, it's absolutely everybody's goal to get out an album, you know, within a reasonable amount of time. That is everybody's focus.

Does anyone wanna say "good for you DJ, do you want a cookie?"

The topic is slightly misleading since it implies that Dj believes his 12 songs will actually be on the next record. That is not what he is saying. He is saying that he has written 12 songs that Axl likes, and that they will focus on recording a new record. Not that all of those, or even any of those songs, will be featured on the record.

Here's what he says:

Dj: Hehehe, I can't give anyone a definite date or anything because, again, I can't give anyone false hope, but I can say it absolutely is our main priority. And I cannot wait to get...I mean, Axl has tons and tons of stuff recorded as it is, I mean, he sits there in his hotel room and play me hours of stuff. And I've written, you know, over 10 songs, for -- I think 12 songs now -- for him that he really likes and I think that once we all, now that we are off tour, we're gonna kinda start talking about, hey, let's piece together what we feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record. You know, it's absolutely everybody's goal to get out an album, you know, within a reasonable amount of time. That is everybody's focus.

So Axl serenades DJ in a hotel room with songs? What's going on with those two?

Mods I'm only joking.

Here's what he says:

That is great news!!!

So Axl serenades DJ in a hotel room with songs? What's going on with those two?

Dj has mentioned that previously, too, and you know, Axl's been in a position to pick and choose for the last two decades, maybe he's discovered he fancies older men who look like emo girls? :shrugs:

If I was drunk enough I wouldn't know the difference.

the record company may hold the cards but aren't Ashba songs the type of shit the record execs want? I remember reading they didn't hear any singles on CD and thats why they kept telling axl to record and rerecord stuff. therefore if axl likes it and the label likes it you got yourself some good shit.

the record company may hold the cards but aren't Ashba songs the type of shit the record execs want? I remember reading they didn't hear any singles on CD and thats why they kept telling axl to record and rerecord stuff. therefore if axl likes it and the label likes it you got yourself some good shit.

I just hope any of Ashba's material is an equal in creativity as anything on Chinese Democracy

Buckethead and robins work I'm more excited to hear I think the music should be chosen on it's merit who has the better song.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou