DJ Ashaba "I wrote 12 songs for new GNR album"

gnrkoncerti

DJ is doing what he's supposed to do, which is writing songs as one of the lead guitarists in Guns.

Even if there are more then enough songs to release, he should still write as much as he can.

When Robin was still in the band, before Chinese was released, he was seen as the guitar player that, joined with Axl, will decide the musical direction the band was headed to.

I think that was true, and we'll have more songs like Better if cd2 will be released with his work.

My point is: DJ, I think, is the direct replacement and he was brought into the fold to do what I suspect is the very same thing at least taking a guess looking into the future.

His responsibilities won't be less important then the ones that came before him, meaning Slash and Robin.

That's not to say he'll acheive the same results or not, but that is why he is in the band mainly imo.

He is confident and excited, getting along great with Axl and the rest of the band. Only good things provided we won't miss out on the Robin/Bucket stuff.

Edited by Rovim

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 songs and Axl liked it? Wow, never knew Axl was so into cheesy 80's guitar playing... lol. Seriously though, 12 songs... what the fuck is he thinking? That he's the only band member besides Axl? Because the way he said that made it sound like he's the only member writing songs for the next album.

The more songs he writes the more chance we have of him writing a worthy one.

It's exciting if true that a new record is now the focus. I have a hard time believing that, though, judging from Guns N' Roses history in the last decade and a half.

But DJ Ashba ... I have ZERO hope the guy can write a killer Gn'R track. Nothing I've heard from him has been any good. Not even a little bit.

They say you can't shine shit. And if it's true he's writing

Gn'R material, then I guess we'll have to see if Axl can make that dung sparkly.

No need to be a prick - how many award-winning albums have you written and played on? Please let me know if they are available on itunes so i can listen to them and judge you...

I'm pretty certain the next record will contain songs from the Bucket/Robin era. Maybe one totally new song written by the current incarnation but Axl did not spend all those years working on the likes of The General etc to not have them on an album.

I'm pretty certain the next record will contain songs from the Bucket/Robin era. Maybe one totally new song written by the current incarnation but Axl did not spend all those years working on the likes of The General etc to not have them on an album.

This

I agree. I can't see Axl throw away all the songs he worked on the past decade. I would guess to think a new album would be a mix of old and new material.

I don't get why people are so judgmental of DJ when none of us have heard the material he has specifically written for the upcoming record yet. I am at least going to wait until I hear it before I decide if DJ writing songs is a good or bad thing, at this point in time I am just glad there appears to be some momentum going

I certainly hope youre right. Many of us have been looking forward to hearing a lot of those songs for years.

I know many think DJs work is generic and I agree to a degree but add axls voice to a penned DJ chord progression and you have something much more.

That's whats so baddas about axl, you can hear the attitude and feel what he is feeling through his second to none delivery.

Look at the greatest GNR songs, they are very poppy, but they seem like much more because of Axls added talents. Throw a bumble or fortus solo and some pitman sounds and you've got a winner.

And surely GNR isn't going to take to long this time to deliver the goods because of what happened with CD. I they do, Axls gotta be just fuckin with people at that point IMO.

well fuckers,I started this thread,so I deserved "thank you" coments,lol,hahaha

Thanks for posting. Appreciated.

This is good news. DJ said it's 12 songs AXL LIKED that, I thought, was the best part of it.

Also, HOURS worth of music? :shocked:

It's nice and all, but this is just the start of a process. We'll just have to wait and see. I do have a good feeling about this.

The ideal scenario for me will be cd2 with maybe a little Bumble and Frank released, untouched, with Bucket/Robin/Brain

and then an album from this line up. Or you know...maybe a double but chances for that are slim to none.

I think bringing up Axl playing music at the hotels is good news - a lot of musicians have a hard time coming up with new songs because they're focused on the shows.

well fuckers,I started this thread,so I deserved "thank you" coments,lol,hahaha

Thanks for posting. Appreciated.

This is good news. DJ said it's 12 songs AXL LIKED that, I thought, was the best part of it.

Also, HOURS worth of music? :shocked:

It's nice and all, but this is just the start of a process. We'll just have to wait and see. I do have a good feeling about this.

The ideal scenario for me will be cd2 with maybe a little Bumble and Frank released, untouched, with Bucket/Robin/Brain

and then an album from this line up. Or you know...maybe a double but chances for that are slim to none.

I think bringing up Axl playing music at the hotels is good news - a lot of musicians have a hard time coming up with new songs because they're focused on the shows.

He's been doing that for years almost like he is working on the next album in his head.

Maybe they could rework some of the leftover CD material w dj and ron

I hope not! Leave the Finck/Bucket stuff as is and let Ron and DJ contribute new stuff! I want to hear the CD leftovers as they were intended.

Do you think that to the label Dj is commercial or whatever will help. Like if they get a cd they'll hear it and think this is fine. compared to seeing or hearing the CD era stuff?

DJ's ability to write a catchy tune won't hurt. I think that if the label people will hear a song that they feel could be a hit, and make a lot of money, then yeah, it will effect their desire and support.

I also think that Axl won't let the disaster of the Chinese release and 'promotion' to happen again. No way will he compromise on less then what he feels the next album deserves.

Any profit is better then no profit at all that's how the label sees it probably. I'm guessing both sides are interested when it comes to releasing a Guns album, the band and the label, but the interest of the label is obviously only the profit and Axl will want the 'right' conditions for a release. That's the tricky part imo. The material itself is not really the main or biggest obstacle.

Edited by Rovim

Do you think that to the label Dj is commercial or whatever will help. Like if they get a cd they'll hear it and think this is fine. compared to seeing or hearing the CD era stuff?

I can definitely see him as being more marketable than a guy in a Micheal Meyers mask with a KFC bucket on his head and a guy with a shaved skullet and a leather dress.

I can definitely see him as being more marketable than a guy in a Micheal Meyers mask with a KFC bucket on his head and a guy with a shaved skullet and a leather dress.

At a certain point that was pretty marketable but maybe for GNR the label were probably thinking oh shit as far as it being GNR. But with Dj it must see it being easier. But then they must shocked at how well CD without them.