DJ Ashaba "I wrote 12 songs for new GNR album"

gnrkoncerti

I hate to break it to you guys but GNR is mainstream rock.

They are lightyears better than most stuff out today but still mainstream rock. There's nothing wrong with that though.

Old guns n nuGuns alike. Better, SOD, TIL.... Very poppy IMO. Granted there are some epics and different things going on on CD.

Even a DJ penned song with Axl vocals would be great though because Axl just takes it to the next level.

Great post

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who the fuck does this guy think he is

The lead guitar player for Guns N' Roses...cut the mullet and get over it.

This is great news and any GNR fan that doesn't think the same.... well.....

We all know there was more music written for CD than what made it on to the album, songs Axl actually wrote/co wrote. As GNR fans I would think we would be way more interested in hearing those songs than what the newest guitar player from Sixx AM whipped up. "HEY GUISE I WROTE THE NEXT RECORD" How could Axl hate Slash for that but let DJ waltz in and take creative control?

So the blind derision for DJ DOES have its roots in simplistic Slashlove.

actually the roots lie in the fact that the two bands DJ has writing credits with suck

Two bands? Goes to show how much you know. He has writing credits with more than two bands.

Ali

oops, forgot about that forgettable Motley Crue album he helped write, stupid me

We all know there was more music written for CD than what made it on to the album, songs Axl actually wrote/co wrote. As GNR fans I would think we would be way more interested in hearing those songs than what the newest guitar player from Sixx AM whipped up. "HEY GUISE I WROTE THE NEXT RECORD" How could Axl hate Slash for that but let DJ waltz in and take creative control?

actually the roots lie in the fact that the two bands DJ has writing credits with suck

Two bands? Goes to show how much you know. He has writing credits with more than two bands.

Ali

oops, forgot about that forgettable Motley Crue album he helped write, stupid me

You won't be happy till Axl let's Slash rejoin his band

Edited by The Archer

Ali

Not everyone is a hater some just don't like Sixx Am or the Motley Crue album these people just want the quality and standard set with Chinese Democracy

sigh...now I understand why so many people have left this board. Every single topic turns into some form of an argument. you guys are sad. peace.

Pretty much. Reading the main GNR section is like pulling teeth anymore, every thread turns into the same shit. You'd think we'd be happy as fans that at least members are writing music that Axl likes, and that the band is tighter than ever before, and Axl wanting to release new music this year...but it's still the same shit everywhere.

2 of them are probably instrumental pieces of s*** called ballad of death and mi amor.

he seems to be very cool to his fans but nothing he has done musically since beautiful creatures have been of interest for me. hopefully that'll change :)

please no generic rock lameness, alrite deej?

Edited by CheapJon

These whiners are irritating. some of his Sixx AM stuff isnt bad and i think his solos offer a glimpse at how awesome he can be. but working with the level of talent hes currently with, ron, richard , Axl, especially axl will bring out the best in anyone. theres a higher expectation and knowing that comes from being in a band like this.

Who wrote Better again? Who did the solo in Street of Dreams again? Who did the solo in This I Love again? Who probably wrote a bunch more of the riffs and leads on Chi Dem again?

Ya Robin sucks.

Who couldn't play Street of Dreams live besides DJ? Who couldn't play better live besides DJ? Yeah, he does suck. At least DJ can do a decent Slash impersonation.

False, I'm happy with Chinese Democracy, and Slash is nowhere to be heard. Axl proved he could write great meaningful music without the old members, the guitar playing of Finck and Buckethead especially stands out to me. I'm just afraid DJ is going to make this band sound like cheesey cock rock, he's such a downgrade it's sad.

Who wrote Better again? Who did the solo in Street of Dreams again? Who did the solo in This I Love again? Who probably wrote a bunch more of the riffs and leads on Chi Dem again?

Ya Robin sucks.

Robin only did the first half of the SOD solo, Buckethead did the other half. Still was a great solo though audit doesn't take away from your point.

Ya know. I miss robin n bucket too. But quit whining. If dj is gettin axl motivated to record n write n axl digs his stuff this is great for gnr. Dont bash dj til ya hear the stuff hes doing. I was quite impressed by him when i saw him with sixx am n gnr.

By the way i love bucket n robin too But its comparin apples to oranges