Chinese Democracy tracklist

Twinaleblood

Having Chinese Democracy after Better would be a sure fire way of killing momentum with that massive build up.

I'm pretty sure that if that tracklist was true, that Chinese Democracy wouldn't have had that long intro.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were playing rhiad live back in 2002

Yes, but only 3 or 4 times. Axl mentioned at one point that neither that nor Silkworms would be on the first album. Now we know, of course, that Riad is on the album.

Dont remember him saying anything about this. I do remember a supposed interview with Dizzy talking about that, even though there were some questionable stuff there (dunno exactly, but I do remember people question it).

Riad was always on the setlist, from 2001 to 2007 and, after the release, it was there till 2010, I guess. Yeah, they didt play it much, but neither TWAT.

Maybe it's the Dizzy interview I'm recalling, it was a long time ago. Either way, someone mentioned that those two songs wouldn't be on it. Silkworms, of course, isn't.

Riad being on the set list prior to 2007 still doesn't mean it was meant for release. Silkworms was on the set list for 2011 but we never heard it nor is it on an album (yet), so you can't rely on the set lists for proof of what was meant to be on the album or an upcoming album.

Having Chinese Democracy after Better would be a sure fire way of killing momentum with that massive build up.

I'm pretty sure that if that tracklist was true, that Chinese Democracy wouldn't have had that long intro.

That's one of the reasons I don't think that back cover is legit. The oldest demo of CD (from around 2002) has that same long intro. Prostitute also has the long outro in the leak which was from the Buckhead era as Bumble was not on any of the antiquiet leaks.

Seems like these tracks were considered the beginning and the end for CD for many years prior to the release.

Yes, but only 3 or 4 times. Axl mentioned at one point that neither that nor Silkworms would be on the first album. Now we know, of course, that Riad is on the album.

Dont remember him saying anything about this. I do remember a supposed interview with Dizzy talking about that, even though there were some questionable stuff there (dunno exactly, but I do remember people question it).

Riad was always on the setlist, from 2001 to 2007 and, after the release, it was there till 2010, I guess. Yeah, they didt play it much, but neither TWAT.

Maybe it's the Dizzy interview I'm recalling, it was a long time ago. Either way, someone mentioned that those two songs wouldn't be on it. Silkworms, of course, isn't.

Riad being on the set list prior to 2007 still doesn't mean it was meant for release. Silkworms was on the set list for 2011 but we never heard it nor is it on an album (yet), so you can't rely on the set lists for proof of what was meant to be on the album or an upcoming album.

Different situarions. Like I said, Riad was ALWAYS a considered song in the setlist for 8 years. Silkworms wasnt considered since 2002 and was probably rehearsed last year along with Oh My God for a different reason - to please fans with some rare new songs or maybe because they were being considered for a future release again.

Axl said in that interview in early 2006 when talking about it that the album would have thirteen tracks. Of course, things or plans can change, but I always found it rather curious that it ended up with fourteen. One more. So, what is the extra one? Didn't Axl say way back in 2002 that Riad wouldn't be on the first album? Now it is, of course. Again, plans can change, but I can't help but wonder if Riad leaking had anything to do with it being on the album. It had leaked anyways so perhaps they figured they'd put it on for shits and giggles.

probably This I Love Axl was kinda talked into including the track on Chinese Democracy

It was a quote from the forum chats in '08:. Seems like he meant a version of one song got swapped for another mix of that same song at the last minute:

"The name helped the music more than you could ever know and I’m not talking in regards to studios or budgets I mean it as in being pushed by something and having to get the music to a place where I can find my peace regardless of what anyone says. And that wasn’t fully achieved until the last round of mastering and swapping out a version of a track at the pressing plant that had gotten inadvertently changed at the last minute."

Edited by axlsalinger

8. If almost certainly refers to If the World.

That's why we know this "artwork" is definitely fake. At the time, there was a leaked setlist with abbreviated songnames, one of which was "If" - fans didn't know any more of the song title back then so that's all they could put on the fake tracklist.

Different situarions. Like I said, Riad was ALWAYS a considered song in the setlist for 8 years. Silkworms wasnt considered since 2002 and was probably rehearsed last year along with Oh My God for a different reason - to please fans with some rare new songs or maybe because they were being considered for a future release again.

It's pure speculation on my part. We'll never know for sure unless Axl says something. From what some people are saying in this thread it's starting to sound like This I Love was in fact the "additional" song that brought the total to 14.

it says swapping out a version of a track. So same song.

I've come to like the CD tracklisting. The couples of songs like CD and Shacklers. Twat and Catcher. This I love and Prostitute. Better and SOD. Scraped Riad. To me ITW and IRS are like bridges in the sides and Catcher and Twat are the heart of the album. Madagascar is like the closer and TIL and Prositute like the epic encore.

8. If almost certainly refers to If the World.

That's why we know this "artwork" is definitely fake. At the time, there was a leaked setlist with abbreviated songnames, one of which was "If" - fans didn't know any more of the song title back then so that's all they could put on the fake tracklist.

I do agree, it's probably a fake, but whoever made it nailed the fonts and style/layout. Kudos to the creator.

Yeah, I think the tracklist works really well. I can't imagine it any other way at this point.

I put in chronological order once by when it was written. So it kind of went from opening with TIL to Sorry.

"This I Love" - (1994-2007)

"Catcher in the Rye" - (1998-1999)

"Chinese Democracy" - (1998-2000)

"Street of Dreams" - (1998-2000)

"There Was a Time" - (1998-2000)

"Riad N' The Bedouins" - (1998-2000)

"I.R.S." - (1998-2000)

"Madagascar" - (1998-2000)

"Prostitute" - (1998-2000)

"Shackler's Revenge" - (2000-2004)

"Better" - (2000-2004)

"If the World" - (2000-2004)

"Scraped" - (2000-2004)

"Sorry" - (2000-2004)

I like how it tells the story.

"This chronology really shows how the material shadows the band’s demise and rise again, moving from Use Your Illusion type ballads and more grunge industrial rockers through to more nu-metal rockers and more advanced ballads like If The World and Sorry. This I Love appears to have been the catalyst for the break up of the band which leads to anger and frustration of Chinese Democracy, Riad and the Bedouins and IRS and the sense of loss and confusion on Catcher in the Rye, There Was a Time, Street of Dreams. Madagascar is like the hard fought victory and Prostitute the final farewell to the old band. In the end, Shackler's Revenge sees Axl Rose back on top and feeling Better, celebrating the end of the world on If The World. Then getting meditative on Scraped about his situation and finally dissing all the haters on Sorry, he was right all along. The album almost sounds like Rose convincing his self that he’s doing the right thing sometimes, and his faux-arrogance has everyone in a tizzy." - taken from wasted's review of Chinese Democracy.

Edited by wasted

Just seeing those dates makes me realize how long ago those songs were written.

I wonder how much he writes anymore?

DJ said he here's stuff all the time.

I wonder if it's a daily thing, weekly, monthly, or only when inspired.

There could be fucking dozens upon dozens of songs penned by Axl or really none at all.

Who knows?

Is he a natural writer?

I mean, I wonder does he frequently jot down lyrics at the airport or while he watches Dexter?

Or does he only write to fill obligations?

Anyone know?

Yeah, I think the tracklist works really well. I can't imagine it any other way at this point.

I put in chronological order once by when it was written. So it kind of went from opening with TIL to Sorry.

"This I Love" - (1994-2007)

"Catcher in the Rye" - (1998-1999)

"Chinese Democracy" - (1998-2000)

"Street of Dreams" - (1998-2000)

"There Was a Time" - (1998-2000)

"Riad N' The Bedouins" - (1998-2000)

"I.R.S." - (1998-2000)

"Madagascar" - (1998-2000)

"Prostitute" - (1998-2000)

"Shackler's Revenge" - (2000-2004)

"Better" - (2000-2004)

"If the World" - (2000-2004)

"Scraped" - (2000-2004)

"Sorry" - (2000-2004)

I like how it tells the story.

"This chronology really shows how the material shadows the band’s demise and rise again, moving from Use Your Illusion type ballads and more grunge industrial rockers through to more nu-metal rockers and more advanced ballads like If The World and Sorry. This I Love appears to have been the catalyst for the break up of the band which leads to anger and frustration of Chinese Democracy, Riad and the Bedouins and IRS and the sense of loss and confusion on Catcher in the Rye, There Was a Time, Street of Dreams. Madagascar is like the hard fought victory and Prostitute the final farewell to the old band. In the end, Shackler's Revenge sees Axl Rose back on top and feeling Better, celebrating the end of the world on If The World. Then getting meditative on Scraped about his situation and finally dissing all the haters on Sorry, he was right all along. The album almost sounds like Rose convincing his self that he’s doing the right thing sometimes, and his faux-arrogance has everyone in a tizzy." - taken from wasted's review of Chinese Democracy.

I am speechless. I am totally going to make that into a playlist.

This I Love and Catcher are kind of end of UYI then Slash quit and all hell broke loose with CD, Axl got on the Street of Dreams...after Madagascar the material gets more nu metal or whatever.

ITW and Sorry are Axl's latest ballads, Scraped and Shackler's are the neo-rockers. So that's where we're heading with CD II unless it's hybrid like CD.