2/10 - New York (Roseland Ballroom) updates

Tyler Drama

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to offer my 2 cents on this concert as me and my bro were there front row. The concert was bloody great. I don't get all this Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse bs. He sounded great. Yea maybe he didn't add the rasp as much but he did it enough and he sounds fucking great. The band was on fire the whole night. Yea they didn't play any new songs but when you are there you just lose yourself. Don't even notice shit like that. And I fully believe that new shit from this band will come sooner rather than later.

Other cool stuff from the show: I got a pic from Bumblefoot, my bro got DJ's cig when he asked for it and DJ threw it to him. Then he took a smoke out of it, was freaking awesome(said it was menthol). I got to shake Axl's hand, play Bumble's guitar. I asked Bumble how his back was he said horrible, then said it's okay :) I have some cool videos but don't have my cable to upload them but will soon.

Glad you had a great time :)

Did you have Gold VIPs?

nope but still got to the front :) And can we just put to rest this whole Axl's voice drama. Yes he doesn't sing like 2010 but he still sings well. On some he sounds suberb and others not so but still its pretty good. I've been to many concerts of the top bands of the 80s and 90s and Axl is doing much better than the vocalists of the other bands.

I can´t believe what I am reading. Why are you so critical guys? Are you ever happy?. Gee, it´s always the same old shit about the setlist and it gets tiresome guys!

I have the feeling that you don´t appreciate what you have. I would do whatever to attend a GNR show and I would enjoy the shit out of it even if they decided to play the same song 65 times in a row!

- Axl set the bar for what his voice could be in 2010 - the past two years have been a shell of that, prompting legitimate questions like why? And how is it so much worse from just a few years ago?

- One album in 20+ years is enough to make more than a few fans restless, especially knowing there are tons of unreleased material out there

- The same essential tour for roughly 10 years is pathetic. Why is Axl Rose so afraid to move forward?

No where does it say these shows are from the "Chinese Democracy Tour" so your point is?.

Just because a band doesn´t release a record doesn´t mean they can´t tour :rolleyes: . If you don´t like it it´s ok, no one needs your bitter views and if you so much dislike this fact, don´t fucking go to the shows,period.

And what the hell do you know about Axl? You saying he is afraid to move forward just makes you look stupid since you have no clue of how he is or why he does or doesn´t do certain stuff.

And PLEASE, do yourself a favour and stop posting garbage. The more you post the more stupid you look.

I would love to offer my 2 cents on this concert as me and my bro were there front row. The concert was bloody great. I don't get all this Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse bs. He sounded great. Yea maybe he didn't add the rasp as much but he did it enough and he sounds fucking great. The band was on fire the whole night. Yea they didn't play any new songs but when you are there you just lose yourself. Don't even notice shit like that. And I fully believe that new shit from this band will come sooner rather than later.

Other cool stuff from the show: I got a pic from Bumblefoot, my bro got DJ's cig when he asked for it and DJ threw it to him. Then he took a smoke out of it, was freaking awesome(said it was menthol). I got to shake Axl's hand, play Bumble's guitar. I asked Bumble how his back was he said horrible, then said it's okay :) I have some cool videos but don't have my cable to upload them but will soon.

Glad you had a great time :)

Did you have Gold VIPs?

nope but still got to the front :)And can we just put to rest this whole Axl's voice drama. Yes he doesn't sing like 2010 but he still sings well. On some he sounds suberb and others not so but still its pretty good. I've been to many concerts of the top bands of the 80s and 90s and Axl is doing much better than the vocalists of the other bands.

This.

From other forum I visit:

I had the chance to see Guns N Roses this weekend, at the intimate venue Roseland, in NYC. Overall, it was a solid show, clocking in at around 2:30 hours.

However, I couldn't help but notice that Axl sounded REALLY GOOD, especially for such a long show. My buddy & I couldn't help but wonder if he was lip syncing anything or using ample audio help.

:)

I really wish the band would have any sort of marketing skills and release a DVD of this show, or if not this one then one of the other shows from the small venue tour. I just don't understand why they wouldn't take advantage of that. If Axl really wants to get word about the band out like he claims there's no reason not to put a DVD out. They wouldn't even need him to promote it or anything, just release it.

I really wish the band would have any sort of marketing skills and release a DVD of this show, or if not this one then one of the other shows from the small venue tour. I just don't understand why they wouldn't take advantage of that. If Axl really wants to get word about the band out like he claims there's no reason not to put a DVD out. They wouldn't even need him to promote it or anything, just release it.

(In before the Nutters)

How dare you say that.

F*ck off you hater.

Axl doesn't compromise to what you want.

Just be happy this band is touring.

You aren't a true fan.

But this is a band that's never taken advantage of any kind of momentum. Look at the opportunities missed with the MTV Awards in 2002, publicity of 2006, and the album release in 2008. None of these events or phases of GNR momentum were ever used to their full potential. Concerns of "getting the word out" and "taking advantage" have never been the norm with this band but the exception. Most bands would take every opportunity to maximize and aggrandize their potential for exposure/money/fandom, but GNR has never done so since the late 80s. Why would they start now?

Cheers,

Andrew

It really sucks bcuz when I first heard gnr was rio2001. Bought the vhs maybe 3 days after the gig. It seemed as though axl had a grand vision of where he was taking this band. We got omg in 99. Then the Vegas/rio shows, debuting a bunch of tunes. There were the album tour album tour album quotes. Anybody remember "round one" it just seems like this band is in a holding pattern of sorts.. there is no talk of releasing anything. Shows are great, but all too predictable. And that sucks. And id b fine with just different songs each show. I got the time off for Roseland and traveled from Maine. Like I did ib 2006. I had an awesome time. Ill prob go to a show if its close. But until something changes with the set lists or releases, ill only see gnr if its convenient. No more trips from Maine or anything like that. Still love the show but after seeing nu gnr 7 times, every version from 02 til now, sum tours a cpl times, and alls I got was a shorter set than the one I got in november . I just lost alot of the excitement I had for this band in previous tours. Which really sucks and I never thought would happened n. Esp after just seeing them in a small club in nyc. And they put on a great show I I hope something exciting cones of these gigs coming up..

Edited by drtydane

It really sucks bcuz when I first heard gnr was rio2001. Bought the vhs maybe 3 days after the gig. It seemed as though axl had a grand vision of where he was taking this band. We got omg in 99. Then the Vegas/rio shows, debuting a bunch of tunes. There were the album tour album tour album quotes. Anybody remember "round one" it just seems like this band is in a holding pattern of sorts.. there is no talk of releasing anything. Shows are great, but all too predictable. And that sucks. And id b fine with just different songs each show. I got the time off for Roseland and traveled from Maine. Like I did ib 2006. I had an awesome time. Ill prob go to a show if its close. But until something changes with the set lists or releases, ill only see gnr if its convenient. No more trips from Maine or anything like that. Still love the show but after seeing nu gnr 7 times, every version from 02 til now, sum tours a cpl times, and alls I got was a shorter set than the one I got in november . I just lost alot of the excitement I had for this band in previous tours. Which really sucks and I never thought would happened n. Esp after just seeing them in a small club in nyc. And they put on a great show I I hope something exciting cones of these gigs coming up..

I drove 5 hours to Atlanta, 13 to Kansas City, and 10 to Chicago this weekend. You don't hear me bitchin'....

Took me 5 hours to get to Kansas City, but it was by bus. Were you one of the people there early for KC?

Edited by Flayer

Im not gunna bitching. Said the show was great. Said id see em again. It was more or less an observation,

How you didn't detect that I don't know. And if you've been seeing axl several times since 2002, you would b lying if u said seeing the same show every time isn't just the slightest bit boring. You wouldn't care to hear new music? Or at least something that hasn't been done in a while? Like I said ill continue to see em if they come around. Just can't justify these expensive weekend trips to see the same set I always see. But it was great to see them at such a small venue. Def something I've always wanted to do. Now that I have I can wait til chinese democracy tour 2014. Ill b there if its within 2half hr away. Just not following for several gigs or traveling 7 hours anymore. Not unless the set starts changing.

Axl has to know his big fans want to hear new shit, but he has to appeal to the more casual fan, cuz they're paying the bills. Not us, the ppl online, and the 10 or so of us at each gig.

But this is a band that's never taken advantage of any kind of momentum. Look at the opportunities missed with the MTV Awards in 2002, publicity of 2006, and the album release in 2008. None of these events or phases of GNR momentum were ever used to their full potential. Concerns of "getting the word out" and "taking advantage" have never been the norm with this band but the exception. Most bands would take every opportunity to maximize and aggrandize their potential for exposure/money/fandom, but GNR has never done so since the late 80s. Why would they start now?

Cheers,

Andrew

Oh, I'm not expecting them to start now. I know we won't get a DVD or anything. I'm just saying when Axl goes on TMS and talks about wanting to get things going with this band and a set lineup and then really does nothing to try and promote the band when he has the opportunity it makes him look like a liar. I mean, why even go on the record by saying that stuff if he really has no intention of doing any sort of promotion to get the word out about the new band lineup?