No Slash shirts, no top hats

GnR Chris

Sail- yeah, shockingly some topic just blew up into a bunch of 'eff you' and 'no, eff you'. The whole thing erupted (that's a hint of who is on a 10 day suspension). I don't even remember exact topic. But it was classic stuff.

Ha! Too bad I missed it! Some of these internet arguements are hilarious +Hysterical! :lol:

Thanks for the update Snowmass,and this thread is a rehash of a similar topic as well.Who gives a damn about clothing when you're at a concert?

Id be more concerned with items brought in more than some absurd fashion show!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think it's obvious the venue operators administer this policy, what difference is there between Slash items in an arena & in close proximity?

There's no reason for GN'R to all of a sudden object. Axl has mellowed, for Christ sake he wore a KFC bucket on the 2010 tour & he & Buckethead didn't even finish on wonderful terms.

I think it's obvious the venue operators administer this policy

This. It's doubtful Axl gives a rats ass about a 'Slash' shirt being worn anymore. Unless it's some jack ass trying to taunt him or one of the guitarists and get Axl going. I'm sure the venues banning these items are gun shy on past incidents/rumors/reputation.

Ali, do you think that venues demand fans to take off their shirt and put it back on inside out because security's management decides that will be the best for the fans ?

Because without the fans, you have no show, without GNR you have another show.

Why did Doug Goldstein decide to bar Slash from a show at the Joint in 2001? Because he thought it would upset Axl. If Axl got upset and left in the middle of a show or didn't show up at all, negative consequences could ensue and have in the past.

I think there is a vested interest from all participating in the event to ensure that no riot or anything of the sort happens, both in terms of safety for the patrons and damage to the venue.

I don't think it makes any sense that if it was a band policy to disallow Slash apparel that it would be enforced so infrequently. It shows no benefit to operate like that. I also think the explanation that security firms would occasionally honor that request is no more believable or plausible.

I like how virtually no one has commented on Powerage's post in this thread. We have a forum member who witnessed first-hand a venue's security staff not respecting the wishes or directives of the band's management, and acting on their own. Clearly, it can happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if it Beta doing this without Axl knowing.

We have a winner.

It gives the "band" plausible deniability to say it is not their policy, which technically is true.

However when the bands manager/propaganda minister acts independently and then tells security that it accomplishes the desired goal while making it seem like it is not the band doing it.

Best of both worlds for Axl.

His legion of message board attorneys that defend him in hopes of receiving party passes can do so feeling they are fighting the good fight all while knowing that behind the scenes this is exactly what he wants.

Party passes? Very Madison-esque. This "it's Beta" explanation doesn't explain the sense in this being done so inconsistently.

And then you have what Powerage5 observed in NYC. Shows a complete disconnect between management and the venue's security.

Ali

Ali - go outside.

There are women there. Probably none that will talk to you, but still.

Find something else to do with your life.

I thought you scroll might past my posts. Guess not. Reported. Try not talking about things you're completely clueless on.

Ali

It's not news to the world that you apparently don't sleep and that your precious band MUST BE DEFENDED AT ALL TIMES EVEN WHEN I'M WRONG.

Get a life, dude.

And here you are, not sleeping yourself, attacking someone on a personal level for no reason whatsoever other than not agreeing with their viewpoint. And I need to get a life? Really? :rolleyes:

Ali

So it is your opionin that these people believe Axl to be so excentric and hostile that they are taking matters into their own hands to prevent riots?

I think that is possible, yes. It is after all their job to protect the concert-goers. And, please, don't give me that line that they don't know about Axl and Slash's history. That's not exactly top-secret information not known by the public.

Ali

Here is the thing, at the House of Blues they.camr out and said No Slash shirts, No top hats, No camera's, No Banners, etc... Well through out the show, the few times I seen security get on someone for having a banner or camera Axl motioned to them that it was OK. So, I really think it's not coming from the band, just overzealous venu staff at certain shows.

Okay fine, no Slash shirts. But is there word on Stephanie Seymour paraphernalia; shirts, posters, her panties, and so on?

The person who does that has some serious brass balls. If they wanted to play a cruel joke on Axl, could've had Peter Brant and family, Erin, and Slash sit right in front of Axl. Brant would come rolling in with serious security though.

Banning t shirts is just f---ing ridiculous. This is a rock banned, right ?

Top hats, all big hats is fully understandable, as:

A. They could block the vews for others

B. They could be used to conceal video equipments

No Appetite for Destruction shirts ?

Is it because the AFD cover features the band Guns N'Roses ?

..and the other covers don't. Thus wearing a t-shirt feat. these covers is deemed ok.

I don't believe any of this. I very much doubt they would turn away a t-shirt feat. an album cover.

What ever next, the banning of all things on t-shirts that upset Uncle Axl :D

Perhaps you could postpone your musings till its confirmed that any such banning move is being implemented by the band at all.

People seem to be deflecting all questions about why Axl would demand such a policy at some venues and not others. Also there is evidence that some venues have clearly ignored the fact that the band is okay with certain things (such as fans taking pictures and lifting banners) and instead enforced their own restrictions, thus suggesting that this T-shirt issue could also be linked to certain venues themselves.

Perhaps you could postpone your musings till its confirmed that any such banning move is being implemented by the band at all.

People seem to be deflecting all questions about why Axl would demand such a policy at some venues and not others. Also there is evidence that some venues have clearly ignored the fact that the band is okay with certain things (such as fans taking pictures and lifting banners) and instead enforced their own restrictions, thus suggesting that this T-shirt issue could also be linked to certain venues themselves.

Nobody deflected it; you just neglected to read the past fifteen pages.

I did read those pages. It still doesn't answer the question.

Nobody thinks he only demanded it at certain venues. Changes and I had a multiple page debate against Ali in which we talked about how security can slack off and not execute such a ridiculous order out of laziness.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Nobody thinks he only demanded it at certain venues. Changes and I had a multiple page debate against Ali in which we talked about how security can slack off and not execute such a ridiculous order out of laziness.

Yup, already read that. Its not a convincing theory though.

As somebody already asked here, if Axl is so averse to the very sight of Slash, why are the official GN'R videos with Slash prominently displayed on certain thumb-nails visible on the official Guns website? That obviously cant be explained away as "venue security slacking off".

The simple thing to do is ask Axl about this once again. If he is not having these actions taken at the venues maybe he will be able to stop it. Axl could very well not even know this is happening. I'm not the one going to bring it up though I don't want a Madison rant directed at me.

Yup, already read that. Its not a convincing theory though.

As somebody already asked here, if Axl is so averse to the very sight of Slash, why are the official GN'R videos with Slash prominently displayed on certain thumb-nails visible on the official Guns website? That obviously cant be explained away as "venue security slacking off".

Okay, you don't believe it, but that's not what you originally said. You said it wasn't discussed at all. My reply was concerning whether or not it was discussed. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

I doubt Axl would have an issue with Appetite shirts considering he has the AFD tattoo on his arm but then again who knows. I don't think Axl is the one making those demands but at this point nobody really knows

Edited by WhazUp

If Axl doesn't know this is going on then his management is incompetent and owes Axl and the fans an apology, and a promise that fascist dress codes will not be enforced at any GNR show ever again.

I have a hard time believing he doesn't know it's going on, but if he doesn't, yeah, he should tell his management to back the hell off.