Please keep Ron in your thoughts...

The Glow Inc.

That was painful to watch but I reckon he keeps saying he is fine instead of asking for time off. It looked like Axl was asking him if he was okay or something just before the first bow. It wont happen, but I'd like him to take a break fully until the Euro tour. It's only a couple of shows and I'm sure Axl has a large collection of guitarists who wouldnt upstage Ron that could be called up to fill in. I doubt Axl is unreasonable enough to force him to play if he asks for time off to recover a little.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats Axl say at the end? "Thanks for hanging in there with us, talking politics from yesteryear, hope to see you sooner rather then later" <----------- is that right? Also Ron is a fucking trooper, always has been. It's strange to me that he agreed to these tour dates as fucked up as he is. I hope he didn't have his hand forced.

I believe he said "again my apologizes for yester' years"

Problem:

Best guitarist in the band has big time problems and is in so much pain he can barely stand.

Solution:

Stop booking all these last minuite shows and do what the fans and everyone in the band (cept Axl) wants,

FINISH and PUT OUT A RECORD.

I am very surprized Axl keeps booking these shows knowing how much pain Bfoot is in.

I am very surprized you aren't aware that Bumbles' problems worsened significantly during last night's gig and that he hasn't been in such obvious pain earlier in the tour. In fact, he has seemed fine so far on the UCAP tour in 2012, up until the Philly show. If the band adds new shows now with no sign of Bumbles recuperating before them, then that is not right.

Edited by SoulMonster

Honestly, that final bow at the end of the video was heartbreaking...

Not that I know or have any clue about what he's going through atm but I really hope someone can help with what he has ( even though he suggested that it's not fixable unfortunately... ).

Once again, it's none of my business and I really, REALLY appreciate the kind of efforts and sacrifices he makes for this band and the fans, but I just hope that he does it for other reasons than *just* the fans, Axl, his contract.

I just fear that someday he might not be able to play again if he continues to tour like that and that would really suck because like him or hate him, his playing is something unique and losing that would be a terrible loss ( besides the fact that he's a very good person and I'd hate for him to give up ).

Yeah, Losing him would totally suck, besides he's my favorite current member. He was the highlight in RIR, Axl may have sucked in the vocals that night, but the band was tight, especially Bfoot.

Problem:

Best guitarist in the band has big time problems and is in so much pain he can barely stand.

Solution:

Stop booking all these last minuite shows and do what the fans and everyone in the band (cept Axl) wants,

FINISH and PUT OUT A RECORD.

I am very surprized Axl keeps booking these shows knowing how much pain Bfoot is in.

Have they booked any shows since Monday night's Philly show?

Ali

Edit: just saw the LA shows announced. Hopefully, if need be, they can play with DJ and Richard.

Edited by Ali

Poor guy, you could really see the pain. The bow was the worst part. :(

I love the Bumble, he's my favorite member. Losing him would be a total blow to this band. I hope they stop booking more last minute shows like this. Sure, it's a fun run and I'm happy for those who can see the shows, but at the end of the day, Ron's health is more important, especially with Europe coming up.

Another thread about everyone blowing Bumblefoots back pain out of proportion. He was just having a bad night, he sat out for a few songs, the band members kept checking on him, his wife was there with him, he dealt with it. He needs rest which I am sure he is doing right now.

There won't be a show for another few days anyway.

Edited by BirdCatcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2Spcs5_H8&feature=player_embedded#!

His solo :(

I really, really hope he finds something that works for him. That's the most important thing. I'm sure Fortus could fill in for him so he can get some rest, even though he has to simplify some of the Bucket parts. Don't play the most difficult songs if that's what it takes but come on, Ron's clearly in pain.

Also, neither his twitter or his facebook have been updated since Philly so I really hope he didn't go back to the same state of mind as he was in back in october...

To whoever reads this and is near Ron as we speak : please, just take care of him...

Damnnn he looked like he was a lot of pain. Specially when DJ put his arm around him and during the last bow :( I hope Ron feels better very soon!

Dj ? - it looks like Axls arm the whole time.

DJ had his arm around him earlier looked like he was asking how he was doing.

I am so fucking sick of these threads. We can't just jump to conclusions. I mean all we know is that he was in a lot of pain, but his wife and band mates were there for him. Let's leave it at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2Spcs5_H8&feature=player_embedded#!

His solo :(

I really, really hope he finds something that works for him. That's the most important thing. I'm sure Fortus could fill in for him so he can get some rest, even though he has to simplify some of the Bucket parts. Don't play the most difficult songs if that's what it takes but come on, Ron's clearly in pain.

Also, neither his twitter or his facebook have been updated since Philly so I really hope he didn't go back to the same state of mind as he was in back in october...

To whoever reads this and is near Ron as we speak : please, just take care of him...

That's the 1st time I have seen the current line up ferform this song. BF does a good job. Dj's solo part was a lash up :D

BF does look in pain. There's nothing worse than neck / backpain, I know I suffer it every day. There's times when BF walks about and looks fine. Other times I can't tell if he is in pain or simply into his guitar playing.

Edited by vaida

It is sad to see Ron in such a pain. I really really wish him the best. I know how hard that is because my sister got her neck damaged in a car crash and only with the help of meds and a good physiotherapist the pain can be softened although it will never leave. :(

He has updated everyone today on his status via @bumblepoc on twitter. Sounds like is going to try and seek neurologic treatment after the tour. So sad for him.

He has updated everyone today on his status via @bumblepoc on twitter. Sounds like is going to try and seek neurologic treatment after the tour. So sad for him.

He says: Surviving on pain pills until the touring is over and I can enter a pain treatment center and work with neurologists. Without the pills I can barely walk. Last night the pill didn't work for some reason, I could barely move and it felt like someone drilled a hole in my back and was pouring hot wax in it the whole time. Best way to describe it. As long as the pills keep working...Bumble! fuerza Ron!!!

Rons used that analogy before about the hot wax, it doesn't seem to be getting better and touring is obviously not helping matters, I just hope before things become even worse and perhaps irreversible to the point he won't function at all without severe pain, that he focuses soley on getting some advanced treatment that may render him immobile in the short term however help him for the long term.

After all Rons health is more important than any tour will ever be.

Another thread about everyone blowing Bumblefoots back pain out of proportion. He was just having a bad night, he sat out for a few songs, the band members kept checking on him, his wife was there with him, he dealt with it. He needs rest which I am sure he is doing right now.

There won't be a show for another few days anyway.

Have you seen the guy? Talked to him? He was fucking miserable. It was hard to watch during the show, harder to talk to him afterward. No one is blowing anything out of proportion. It's a chronic, debilitating spinal injury.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't Bumblefoot basically say it would be pain he'd have to live with the rest of his life and it won't heal? So would time off help?

That's really unfortunate by the way. He does appear to be in a lot of pain. If this were DJ Ashba, I'd say send him home to rest and the live shows wouldn't miss a beat. Bumble is really important to the band though and the best player. But they know better than we do, and they keep adding shows.

Maybe Axl can tell his hired guns to go home and do a little reunion run? haha, just kidding.

Hey motherfuckers, how about we as the "guns n roses fans" we purport ourselves to be, give Ron credit for not getting strung out on painkillers. I don't think some of you realize what a challenge that is for people with back/spinal issues.