DJ on live stream right now

gunsguy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If so you can be certain GN'R won't do that, because they never do what they are "supposed" to do. :).

Are you sure about that?

1987 AFD was released - Tour

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1990 Silence/Promo - Civil War was played for the first time - Few shows at end of the year

1991 Illusions are released - Tour

1992 Tour

1993 Tour - TSI was released

It was a joke on people's perception about GN'R not being a functional band.

Come on man, what rules are you talkin' about? If you look closely it's getting ridiculous. :shrugs:

I am talking about your rules on what a band is supposed to do.

Another South American tour? Well, if they came to São Paulo again, I'll be there. Otherwise, not a fucking chance.

- He mentioned Axl wanted DJ's solo recorded in the studio, sways he had no idea why but he asked for them and DJ recorded them for Axl.

You mean Ballad of Death/Mi Amor? God please no. :scared:

Chinese Democracy was only toured in 2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Definitely needs more touring.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Another South American tour? Well, if they came to São Paulo again, I'll be there. Otherwise, not a fucking chance.

I'll watch at least a show for sure, even if I have to travel to Sao Paulo. Yes, yes, I'm tired of the same touring and setlist, but I don't know when I'll get to see them in action again so I won't skip this one (like I did in RIR). I'm not cool with big festivals like RIR, so felt like skipping it. Missed fkn' Estranged being played live for the first time since like forever :lol:

- He mentioned Axl wanted DJ's solo recorded in the studio, sways he had no idea why but he asked for them and DJ recorded them for Axl.

Please, NO... NOT THESE!

Your dream is coming true!! A new GN'R record full of Dj penned ballads!

:scared:

Some of you are unbelievable it makes me laugh.... but that is to be expected on here :violin:. I thought the stream was amazing, and fun. He's a very cool guy :wub:. And I think one the only guys besides Bumble who really cares about the GN'R fans... no matter what mood they are in :shrugs:.

Edited by Melly4Axl

Look, I think as a person DJ is a down to earth, fun guy, and someone who is a kind hearted person. But he seems to me like a person who has to be the centre of everything all the time, and who the hell was that guy on the phone laughing at DJ's EVERY comment...... seemed abit cheesy to me.

And then when you look at the comments on the side, you have smitten girls saying pointless comments like "DJ I love you", "DJ I want you in my bed", "DJ, You are awesome", "DJ Marry me"...........From a standpoint from a GN'R fan like me, who is interested in the music, touring plans, gear, and genuine information that a music fan would be interest in..........all of those girly comments seem SO trivial to me.

And it's not DJ's fault, it's just his persona, he seems to reval in such activity and does all he can to encourage it.

I prefer musicians who are all about the art, and who respect themselves by not trying to be something they are not........and most importantly who are interest in the MUSIC.....first and formost. <_<

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Your dream is coming true!! A new GN'R record full of Dj penned ballads!

:rofl-lol:

And then when you look at the comments on the side, you have smitten girls saying pointless comments like "DJ I love you", "DJ I want you in my bed", "DJ, You are awesome", "DJ Marry me"...........From a standpoint from a GN'R fan like me, who is interested in the music, touring plans, gear, and genuine information that a music fan would be interest in..........all of those girly comments seem SO trivial to me.

I know what you mean. I thought we were pretty much safe from this rubbish since 2001, when Axl stopped being just a sex symbol to those fans.

If so you can be certain GN'R won't do that, because they never do what they are "supposed" to do. :).

Are you sure about that?

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1990 Silence/Promo - Civil War was played for the first time - Few shows at end of the year

1992 Tour

Besides, your recipe for bands above doesn't say anything about how long the touring between the music is supposed to be, so I guess they are following the "rules".

1994 - 2000 Silence

2001 - 2002 Tour - Few CD songs are played for the first time

2003 - 2005 Silence

2006 - 2007 Tour - More CD songs are played

2008 Silence - Chinese Democracy was released

2009 - 2012 Tour

Come on man, what rules are you talkin' about? If you look closely it's getting ridiculous. :shrugs:

Your "time line" is inaccurate,The UYI tour started before the Albums were released.

The only rule in rock is that there are no rules.

Are you sure about that?

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1992 Tour

Besides, your recipe for bands above doesn't say anything about how long the touring between the music is supposed to be, so I guess they are following the "rules".

1994 - 2000 Silence

2003 - 2005 Silence

2009 - 2012 Tour

Your "time line" is inaccurate,The UYI tour started before the Albums were released.

small_subtle_facepalm.png

Now you're gonna tell me how it was. I know the UYI tour started before the albums were released. There were some shows before AFD came out too, and some songs were played for the first time in 1986 (I didn't name it, inaccurate too?). I didn't mark it in the order that happened, but what happened in the same year. I just wanted to imply that adding ANOTHER South American and US tour to the list make no sense if they don't release new music, at least one song. I believe that rock has no rules but they're crossing the line IMO.

Oh and by the way, after listening to the interview to David Wild I might assume that the reason of this constant touring is cash grabbing, Axl has lost millions of dollars with Chinese Democracy.

Edited by pi2loc

Please, NO... NOT THESE!

Well... something has been recorded at least... that's sort of a good thing right...?

And I don't think they are particularly offensive musically (just really boring and repetitive).

Wonder when Axl had him record them. Recently or 2010-2011 gap?

Edited by KiraMPD

Are you sure about that?

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1992 Tour

1994 - 2000 Silence

2003 - 2005 Silence

2009 - 2012 Tour

Now you're gonna tell me how it was. I know the UYI tour started before the albums were released. There were some shows before AFD came out too, and some songs were played for the first time in 1986 (I didn't name it, inaccurate too?). I didn't mark it in the order that happened, but what happened in the same year. I just wanted to imply that adding ANOTHER South American and US tour to the list make no sense if they don't release new music, at least one song. I believe that rock has no rules but they're crossing the line IMO.

Oh and by the way, after listening to the interview to David Wild I might assume that the reason of this constant touring is cash grabbing, Axl has lost millions of dollars with Chinese Democracy.

I don't see this as constant touring. 2008 was no touring, 2009 was towards the end of the year, and most of 2011, they sat out the year.

The cash grab shows are those private VIP shows & festivals, but festivals also serve as bringing your music to an audience that might not be your fans.

But there's no money in recorded music for a lot of artists. GNR are without a record label. I just think the best bet for GNR is to self-release new songs and not worry about putting a whole new album out. If he was able to go in a studio and have new music in 2 months, different story. An album shouldn't take longer than 6 months to do.

Did he mention when they're planning to come to south america?
That's the question =p , if they come to São Paulo i'll go !

Hell, If they come to São Paulo and Rio, I'll be going to both of them.

I was at São Paulo 2010 and it was a hell of show ! Hope they will be back this year =p

Are you sure about that?

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1992 Tour

1994 - 2000 Silence

2003 - 2005 Silence

2009 - 2012 Tour

Assume away,and be sure to mentally transfer your assumptions into Imaginary facts :lol:

Are you sure about that?

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1992 Tour

1994 - 2000 Silence

2003 - 2005 Silence

2009 - 2012 Tour

I don't see this as constant touring. 2008 was no touring, 2009 was towards the end of the year, and most of 2011, they sat out the year.

The cash grab shows are those private VIP shows & festivals, but festivals also serve as bringing your music to an audience that might not be your fans.

But there's no money in recorded music for a lot of artists. GNR are without a record label. I just think the best bet for GNR is to self-release new songs and not worry about putting a whole new album out. If he was able to go in a studio and have new music in 2 months, different story. An album shouldn't take longer than 6 months to do.

Dalsh, how dare you pop their imaginary and concocted balloons with logic and fact!

You know that isn't the pervading state of mind here ;)

"I prefer musicians who are all about the art, and who respect themselves by not trying to be something they are not........and most importantly who are interest in the MUSIC.....first and formost"

What? lol who says he isn't serious about his music and art? Just cause he like attention, just cause he's in the media? smh or I believe I'm getting that part wrong.

And voodoo child, please that will always be with Axl, of course now you have folks who revel in the fact that he isn't some rail stick thin guy and it seems they're glad that he's heavy, as if it's suppose those daily-fail type articles (there's plenty of other rubbish out there as well poking fun) to be humiliating/humbling for him. So unfortunately that and the usual "hired hand" stuff they start off and end with takes away from the performances itself sadly.

I was at São Paulo 2010 and it was a hell of show ! Hope they will be back this year =p

Yeah.... must've been amazing. You guys got IRS, If The World and Shacklers. We got stage collapsing, reschedule and none of those songs <_<

But still.... best damn concert of my life.

Yeah.... must've been amazing. You guys got IRS, If The World and Shacklers. We got stage collapsing, reschedule and none of those songs <_<

Don't forget about the "Fuck You Axl Rose" chant. LOL , just kidding (; you guys got Whole Lotta Rosie =p

And voodoo child, please that will always be with Axl, of course now you have folks who revel in the fact that he isn't some rail stick thin guy and it seems they're glad that he's heavy, as if it's suppose those daily-fail type articles (there's plenty of other rubbish out there as well poking fun) to be humiliating/humbling for him. So unfortunately that and the usual "hired hand" stuff they start off and end with takes away from the performances itself sadly.

Sorry man, but I don't know what you're talking about. :shrugs:

Got both. Didn't even leave my brother's house in Rio, I was sleeping because had only a couple of hours between the São Paulo gig and the flight. People called me (I guess it was Bruno Poeys) saying the stage had colapsed and that I shouldn't bother going to the show anymore, lol.

"I prefer musicians who are all about the art, and who respect themselves by not trying to be something they are not........and most importantly who are interest in the MUSIC.....first and formost"

What? lol who says he isn't serious about his music and art? Just cause he like attention, just cause he's in the media? smh or I believe I'm getting that part wrong.

I think it's good for a musician to have their hands into non-music outlets, if they're into designing and drawing things up. Is he supposed to get wasted all day and just work on music, waiting for people to call him for sessions? He has the means to pursue his passions. Should an actor not produce someone else's movie and if it makes serious bank, not take the money?

Most musicians are entrepreneurs, it would be stupid if they didn't take advantage of a high profile gig and incorporate those other things into it. They look forward to endorsement deals and things like NAMM to help promote and get paid. That's not about playing music, that's about equipment.

It's like saying Jared Leto is taking someone's gig, or Juliette Lewis, because they're actors who also play music. Don't pigeonhole, but if they're promoting something that a fan feels is BS, then raise the BS flag. I think it's cool for a musician to design their own stage outfits, and if one or two people think it's badass and want to wear it for themselves, what's wrong with that?

If someone can do it all, as long as they don't fall through on their primary gig, should have the freedom to do what they want.

If Axl didn't have songs to license out to movies, he'd be trying to find other ways of having money coming in. But when you get a big budget movie handing you 6 figure checks to use in something like "Megamind", he can just enjoy his life on the down time. I'm pretty sure after watching that video, that he likes scouring swap meets in Pasadena for antiques, and is the "anonymous guy" in auctions.