DJ on live stream right now

gunsguy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why people are getting upset over DJ promoting his clothing line. It's not like Axl is releasing any new music for DJ to promote.

Oooh sick burn!

It's just the truth. Axl never gives these guys anything to promote, and then they eventually leave. That's how it is in New GNR.

Well nonetheless you made a great point and I just wanted to convey that.

Ballad of Death seems like great intro to a cd.

yeah I dont see it in the middle of the album, the outro of BOD is really badass, somewhat epic. And then chained a monster riff, with a huge cry of axl like Chinese Democracy song or jungle. Yeah it can be pretty good.

Edited by tranconneuse

Look I watched this for abit and heard what he said about This I Love, and that's fair enough that he changed it to suit him. DJ even himself admitted that Robin did an awesome job on the solo...

I just prefer Robins version, but each to their own.

Other than that, what was I saying in the other thread guys?. The guy promotes himself all the time, even to the extent of trying on different shirts, come on. This is vintage DJ, and everything about that webchat is the reason I don't like him personally in GN'R.

Major props to DJ for admitting Robin did an awesome job on This I Love........ can't knock him for that. :thumbsup:

But everything else, like promoting his rings, coats, jackets, hats, shirts, guitars, jeans, etc..........I could do without honestly. :thumbsdown:

My thought exactly.

This is a little bit harsh for the GNR fans...

I doesn't give a flying fuck about his marketing campaign.

Talk about music, for god sake!

Dj isn't just a GN'R band member, he has other music projects going and other interests and businesses. I think he should be allowed to talk about those during his own private live stream ;)

Dj isn't just a GN'R band member, he has other music projects going and other interests and businesses. I think he should be allowed to talk about those during his own private live stream ;)

Yes, he can do whatever the f*ck he wants, but c'mon...

I'm a GNR fan, not a DJ Ashba fan :shrugs::question:

Look I watched this for abit and heard what he said about This I Love, and that's fair enough that he changed it to suit him. DJ even himself admitted that Robin did an awesome job on the solo...

I just prefer Robins version, but each to their own.

Other than that, what was I saying in the other thread guys?. The guy promotes himself all the time, even to the extent of trying on different shirts, come on. This is vintage DJ, and everything about that webchat is the reason I don't like him personally in GN'R.

Major props to DJ for admitting Robin did an awesome job on This I Love........ can't knock him for that. :thumbsup:

But everything else, like promoting his rings, coats, jackets, hats, shirts, guitars, jeans, etc..........I could do without honestly. :thumbsdown:

My thought exactly.

He has the right to talk about whatever he wants doing live streams but he needs to shut the fuck up when someone interviews him as a Gn'R member. Simple as that.

He has the right to talk about whatever he wants doing live streams but he needs to shut the fuck up when someone interviews him as a Gn'R member. Simple as that.

That's too simple. Even when interviewed in his capacity as a GN'R member he might get questions outside the realm of GN'R, or he might see an opportunity to talk about his other interests. Nothing wrong in that, either. And if the interviewer disagrees, then those portions of the interview can easily be cut out. The fact that they aren't means the interviewer/magazine accepts it.

Another South American Tour? I'm starting to get it. The guy lost his best years locked inside his house, he wants to tour for those years he spent in his hole. That's the only explanation.

About DJ promoting himself... Nothing new here. It's his style, so be it. I personally don't like it. Reminds me of a song...

"Answer me why I would choose to prostitute myself?"

Man, I need to get some sleep.

Yeah, was about to post it, its a cool stream...

He talked about TIL again. Sixxx AM. Still going... :thumbsup:

Edit: OH! And talked about a NEW South America Tour :D

He REALLY did talk about a new south american tour?! REALLY?!?!

I don't see the problem about plugging ashbaswag etc. He does not force you to tune in to the livestream. He comes accross a really decnt guy.

Not only that, but having a company with employees, a board and responsibilities, he is obligated to advertise his products when the opportunity arises. Of course there is a balance here: you want to market your products but you don't want to annoy people. So you have to be smart about it. But there is also the mechanism where people who are not interested in what he sells, and might be biased against him because he is not "all that" in GN'R, might more easily take offence when he plugs stuff they are not interested in, especially when they want him to say something tangible about forthcoming GN'R releases. I just don't think there is a way he can please everyone.

So. We're getting a European tour. Another US tour, ánd a South America tour?

Just admit you don't want to put out another album.

Fuck.

Axl did say they were going to tour for a looong time. So at least parts of his vision is coming through ;).

Don't they get tired of it? Isn't a band supposed to tour - write material - tour - write material - tour? This band is tour after tour since 2009 (don't even want to talk about the 2001 or the 2006 line-up).

Don't they get tired of it?

Uhm, apparently not? ;).

Isn't a band supposed to tour - write material - tour - write material - tour?

If so you can be certain GN'R won't do that, because they never do what they are "supposed" to do. :). Besides, your recipe for bands above doesn't say anything about how long the touring between the music is supposed to be, so I guess they are following the "rules".

If so you can be certain GN'R won't do that, because they never do what they are "supposed" to do. :).

Are you sure about that?

1987 AFD was released - Tour

1988 Tour

1989 Lies was released

1990 Silence/Promo - Civil War was played for the first time - Few shows at end of the year

1991 Illusions are released - Tour

1992 Tour

1993 Tour - TSI was released

Besides, your recipe for bands above doesn't say anything about how long the touring between the music is supposed to be, so I guess they are following the "rules".

1994 - 2000 Silence

2001 - 2002 Tour - Few CD songs are played for the first time

2003 - 2005 Silence

2006 - 2007 Tour - More CD songs are played

2008 Silence - Chinese Democracy was released

2009 - 2012 Tour

Come on man, what rules are you talkin' about? If you look closely it's getting ridiculous. :shrugs: