Live chat with Bumblefoot - March 27, 2012

SoulMonster

I don't think he has any leaks but I think this shows that there was at the VERY least SOME truth to the memory card thing. Personally I think it was about 75% true with some embellishment added in.

It's nice to see a little breakdown of the "I can't talk about GnR" policy. Ron seems like such a solid dude who really cares about the fans. Betcha he'd be a ton of fun to have a few drinks with. Really hope that his back gets better for him.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. What a great interview/chat. This is the most info I have ever seen come out of a GNR interview. I cant believe this thread isnt 10 pages yet.

Great job Bumble! As a fan, it sure is nice to get some information. After all, its not top secret government shit, its rock and roll. Goof to see it , for once, being treated as such. B U M B L E D E L I V E R S! P R O P Z

So I guess this rules out new songs for the upcoming tour unless they rehearse them. At least we know they had Oh My God prepared through the whole fucking tour.

In retards to his solo spots, his songs do seem really hard to play. He's had some excellent drummers including his brother and he usually played bass on his records. He might be referring to Tommy actually. Awesome dude, plays the songs well but he's no Les Claypool.

Glad to hear the plan is to release the rest of the Chinese era stuff first before recording a whole new album. Great news! :thumbsup:

YES! Axl spent too many years on those songs just to throw them away.

Agreed. And when he said that he wants to get that out real quick before recording, let's hope there's some actual planning going on to make that happen.

But yeah, see what a little openness can do? Even though he basically spelled out that no "new" songs will be played this summer, being honest with the fans makes it all good. Ron is awesome.

Glad to hear the plan is to release the rest of the Chinese era stuff first before recording a whole new album. Great news! :thumbsup:

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but what Ron would "like" to do is a lot different than what Axl "plans" to do.

But going back to that interview from December it seems he wants to release the next album after he sorts out problems with the Label but things could have changed since the new management.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but what Ron would "like" to do is a lot different than what Axl "plans" to do.

But going back to that interview from December it seems he wants to release the next album after he sorts out problems with the Label but things could have changed since the new management.

I hear ya, but I would imagine that he wasn't exactly talking out of his ass. I'm sure they all know that recording the next album is going to take a good while, and that they'll have to put the finished Chinese tracks out to tide GNR fans over while that's going on...

I hear ya, but I would imagine that he wasn't exactly talking out of his ass. I'm sure they all know that recording the next album is going to take a good while, and that they'll have to put the finished Chinese tracks out to tide GNR fans over while that's going on...

At least we know there won't be new songs for the European tour, takes a lot off our chests. Now we can just enjoy the show and hope they play Oh my God and that someone has a camera ready unlike the fuckers who did not bother to tape Scraped from Wochester last year.

OMG needs to be played during this next tour. And they should rehearse Going Down. I don't get why it was on the optional setlist in the last tours.

He probably isn't ready to unleash Going Down, remember back in 2009/10 when Ashba says Axl was playing him a song he was tinkering on? Could have been one of many.

I'd like to see Perfect Crime to come back. As well as TWAT, Catcher and Oh My God.

Here's what Bumblefoot said (thanks to bumblecool):

[4:32 PM] soulmonster: uhm, serious question, next record: brand new songs or old CD session songs?

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: soul - both maybe? Really don't know. I'd bust out the Chi Dem stuff and start fresh and

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: fast.

[4:33 PM] bumblefoot1: Tis what I'd do. But I'm not running this. Razz

[4:32 PM] soulmonster: uhm, serious question, next record: brand new songs or old CD session songs?

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: soul - both maybe? Really don't know. I'd bust out the Chi Dem stuff and start fresh and

Shit, so there really is nothing concrete planned for the next album. Fucking Axl really needs to be a bit more proactive about this... <_<

Shit, so there really is nothing concrete planned for the next album. Fucking Axl really needs to be a bit more proactive about this... <_<

I am afraid you are right. Lt's just hope the momentum is still there after the European tour, and that Axl doesn't enter one of his less productive phases. If so, the next album could take many years.

I am afraid you are right. Lt's just hope the momentum is still there after the European tour, and that Axl doesn't enter one of his less productive phases. If so, the next album could take many years.

I do believe things have been brewing in between tours. Negotiations for Chidem after the 2007 tour ended went on for over a year. What's happening now is probably Axl wanting to tour Chidem post-release, which he has done, all international markets have been serviced. There should be no excuse to do another world tour without a new record now they are hitting Europe again. Although what makes sense and what will actually happen are two different things.

Agreed. I have a sinking feeling we're going to be getting soundbites from DJ this time next year stating "Im really looking forward to getting into the studio. We're still bouncing ideas around, blah blah blah fucking blah." :thumbsdown: