Live chat with Bumblefoot - March 27, 2012

SoulMonster

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a 2006 show

"Sebastian tells me the next day, "Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

hahahaha ! obviously , you arent in a real rock band until one of the guys tries to kill someone thats the first rule of rock and roll :lol:

Sorry = Doom metal!!

Not what he said.

"There's this one song called ‘Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

Almost like doom metal. A slow, heavy, drawn-out song. That's what he meant, and it's pretty much accurate.

Or you can paraphrase it and make Sebastian Bach sound retarded, if you'd rather have more fun (probably is).

Sorry = Doom metal!!

Not what he said.

"There's this one song called ‘Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

Almost like doom metal. A slow, heavy, drawn-out song. That's what he meant, and it's pretty much accurate.

Or you can paraphrase it and make Sebastian Bach sound retarded, if you'd rather have more fun (probably is).

Regardless, it sounds nothing like how he described it. It's not almost doom metal and there is no grinding, slow beat. I would not even place is in the 'metal' genre or any of it's sub-genres.

Edited by Young_Gun

About a 2006 show

"Sebastian tells me the next day, "Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

hahahaha ! obviously , you arent in a real rock band until one of the guys tries to kill someone thats the first rule of rock and roll :lol:

Ron Thal is new Guns N' Roses

Sorry = Doom metal!!

Not what he said.

Regardless, it sounds nothing like how he described it. It's not almost doom metal and there is no grinding, slow beat. I would not even place is in the 'metal' genre or any of it's sub-genres.

How do you know he didn't hear an earlier mix of it?

Or if he'd only heard the song like twice or something and didn't have it fully in his head yet?

Doom metal is not the best choice of words to describe the song, but it makes some amount of sense from the right perspective. It's easy to just laugh and think "Sebastian Bach is a moron," but I'm pretty sure he described it that way for a reason.

Sorry = Doom metal!!

Not what he said.

How do you know he didn't hear an earlier mix of it?

Or if he'd only heard the song like twice or something and didn't have it fully in his head yet?

Doom metal is not the best choice of words to describe the song, but it makes some amount of sense from the right perspective. It's easy to just laugh and think "Sebastian Bach is a moron," but I'm pretty sure he described it that way for a reason.

Never said Bach was a moron. Although I dislike his loudmouth persona and his false sense of grandeur(he made a total ass of himself on Eddie Trunk's Twitter...), he is not a moron.

Had Riad not have leaked, it probably would have never been released...

I think Riad was always on the list to be released on Chinese. It was always on the setlist before the album came out, actually.

I don't know, I still have a theory: we got those leaks because they were the songs being considered to a release. If the story behind the first leaks of Better, IRS and TWAT is true, why do you think Axl was listening to them in night clubs?

I think the late leaks like The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese came with it for the same reason. All of those songs were having mixing tests. What leaked in the Antiquiet site was probably Andy Wallace's version of Chinese Democracy mix that GNR camp had sent to Uni execs.

Well, maybe Catcher in the Rye was there because it leaked, but the other songs I strongly doubt it. Afterall, The Blues, Chinese, Riad, Madagascar, Better, TWAT and IRS were all in the 2006 setlist, later added with Prostitute and If the World on the NA Tour. Why only these exactly same songs leaked in 2008 before the album got released? Why didn't we got all the other songs, like Shacklers, Scraped, Sorry and TIL (all of them heavily influenced by Caram and Axl in the mix) in the same batch? Or even some unknown/unheard new one like Atlas?

I think Riad was always on the list to be released on Chinese. It was always on the setlist before the album came out, actually.

I don't know, I still have a theory: we got those leaks because they were the songs being considered to a release. If the story behind the first leaks of Better, IRS and TWAT is true, why do you think Axl was listening to them in night clubs?

I think the late leaks like The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese came with it for the same reason. All of those songs were having mixing tests. What leaked in the Antiquiet site was probably Andy Wallace's version of Chinese Democracy mix that GNR camp had sent to Uni execs.

Well, maybe Catcher in the Rye was there because it leaked, but the other songs I strongly doubt it. Afterall, The Blues, Chinese, Riad, Madagascar, Better, TWAT and IRS were all in the 2006 setlist, later added with Prostitute and If the World on the NA Tour. Why only these exactly same songs leaked in 2008 before the album got released? Why didn't we got all the other songs, like Shacklers, Scraped, Sorry and TIL (all of them heavily influenced by Caram and Axl in the mix) in the same batch? Or even some unknown/unheard new one like Atlas?

I think Axl was looking at the track listing and noticed there's too many ballads so he threw in Riad to even out the ballads and rockers. He didn't want to waste Soul Monster, General, Atlas and Checkmate.

I think Axl was looking at the track listing and noticed there's too many ballads so he threw in Riad to even out the ballads and rockers. He didn't want to waste Soul Monster, General, Atlas and Checkmate.

He said he don't see those songs as 'ballads', as they all have mean parts.

And I believe that Checkmate clip may be tricky and the rest of the song could be a complete different thing.

And I believe that Checkmate clip may be tricky and the rest of the song could be a complete different thing.

That is quite possibility, could be a goddamn Reggae song for all we know.

Valid points actually. If the leaks emanating from being played in the night club then it's very possible those songs were on the short list for the final record.

He may have Just to see what people would think. If only the wrestler guy would just email me a file of the songs.

I don't think he would release almost complete mixes to the public for free knowing how sacred and sought after any new material from Guns N' Roses(at the time) was.

I always imagined Checkmate having calm verses and a similar structure to IRS.

Guest gunns5

Bullshit Axl leaked the Songs on purpose, judging by what a band member said to me 2 years ago + Msl reading out the emails axl sent to the band member/s, he had no control over that.

Edited by gunns5