Live chat with Bumblefoot - March 27, 2012

SoulMonster

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the same as streaming the entire album on MySpace which millions of people downloaded the album from the day before releasing the album.

Yeh but they were leaked years before the official release. The impact they would have had if kept withheld until the official release would be been much greater. The leaks(intentional or not) diminished the impact. Instead, people downloaded it for free, slowly over time, thus making it hard to generate any big impact. I also don't think he purposely would have leaked 3 planned singles(Better, Chinese Democracy and SOD) years before the official release.. Just my opinion though.

Kidnap intownterry and find out

Give me a location and I will make him sing.

It is the same as streaming the entire album on MySpace which millions of people downloaded the album from the day before releasing the album.

Yeh but they were leaked years before the official release. The impact they would have had if kept withheld until the official release would be been much greater. The leaks(intentional or not) diminished the impact. Instead, people downloaded it for free, slowly over time, thus making it hard to generate any big impact. I also don't think he purposely would have leaked 3 planned singles(Better, Chinese Democracy and SOD) years before the official release.. Just my opinion though.

Suppose you are right. He did not give Ron any files to learn the songs just incase he'd turn around and leak them.

Kidnap intownterry and find out

Give me a location and I will make him sing.

Suppose you are right. He did not give Ron any files to learn the songs just incase he'd turn around and leak them.

Anything is possible. Just what I think happened... GnR world is strange...

Had Riad not have leaked, it probably would have never been released...

I think Riad was always on the list to be released on Chinese. It was always on the setlist before the album came out, actually.

I don't know, I still have a theory: we got those leaks because they were the songs being considered to a release. If the story behind the first leaks of Better, IRS and TWAT is true, why do you think Axl was listening to them in night clubs?

I think the late leaks like The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese came with it for the same reason. All of those songs were having mixing tests. What leaked in the Antiquiet site was probably Andy Wallace's version of Chinese Democracy mix that GNR camp had sent to Uni execs.

Well, maybe Catcher in the Rye was there because it leaked, but the other songs I strongly doubt it. Afterall, The Blues, Chinese, Riad, Madagascar, Better, TWAT and IRS were all in the 2006 setlist, later added with Prostitute and If the World on the NA Tour. Why only these exactly same songs leaked in 2008 before the album got released? Why didn't we got all the other songs, like Shacklers, Scraped, Sorry and TIL (all of them heavily influenced by Caram and Axl in the mix) in the same batch? Or even some unknown/unheard new one like Atlas?

I think Axl was looking at the track listing and noticed there's too many ballads so he threw in Riad to even out the ballads and rockers. He didn't want to waste Soul Monster, General, Atlas and Checkmate.

rhiad was being played in 2002. So it would seem like it was scheduled for CD. And if not CD , then never.

Ah, then why isn't Silkworms or Oh My God on the album?

Silkworms was clearly dropped already in 2002 with OMG. Maybe not a coincidence that both were considered in 2011 again... But Riad was always on the setlist.

Can't stop feeling that there is a huge prejudice against Riad. Before it leaked, people loved to describe it as something that sounded "unfinished" judging it by low quality bootlegs. But then, the demo came out and it was almost exactly the same thing, lol.

And, as far as we know, OMG was never supposed to be released again. We're only guessing it could get a rerelease.

Silkworms was really shitty but I don't get why Oh My God didn't make it. It's better than Rhiad for sure. At least as good as Scraped, IMO.

I don't get why Axl said there are no plans to release Oh My God but it's on the live set list. Also he has said Silkworms has been reworked and he told a forum member it was renamed and that Bucket's solo on it would blow us away. I'm guessing the structure and lyrics to the song were changed. The intro is amazing. It's the most industrial/electronica song Guns have done.

Silkworms was really shitty but I don't get why Oh My God didn't make it. It's better than Rhiad for sure. At least as good as Scraped, IMO.

I don't get why Axl said there are no plans to release Oh My God but it's on the live set list. Also he has said Silkworms has been reworked and he told a forum member it was renamed and that Bucket's solo on it would blow us away. I'm guessing the structure and lyrics to the song were changed. The intro is amazing. It's the most industrial/electronica song Guns have done.

I don't know if that quote about Silkworms is true, man. What I know is what Axl said back in 2008:

Quote from: Dexter @ CD.com
Quote from: dudecqd on Today at 11:14:14

Hi Axl,

is Silkworms on the next record?

It's a masterpiece.

has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone.

The intro to Silkworms is amazing but the song needed work done, I hope to hear it in its finished product as well as Oh My God.

I loved Riad N' The Bedouins, not sure why the song gets hate, it rocks hard and it is just intense rock3

I must be the only one who thinks "Silkworms" fuckin' suck. "Oh My God" is good, when I heard the band rehearsing it at Rio I immediately became a fan of the song.

I don't know if that quote about Silkworms is true, man. What I know is what Axl said back in 2008:

Quote from: Dexter @ CD.com
Quote from: dudecqd on Today at 11:14:14

Hi Axl,

is Silkworms on the next record?

It's a masterpiece.

has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone.

Could be a false quote for sure. The forum member who said it did have his picture taken with Axl though, think he was the admin/creator of the elsewhere website. There was some incident that happened there that got it shut down, anyone remember what it was? I think they posted Axl's phone number or something along those lines?

Pitman told me Silkworms would be on a future Guns N' Roses release.

Could be a false quote for sure. The forum member who said it did have his picture taken with Axl though, think he was the admin/creator of the elsewhere website. There was some incident that happened there that got it shut down, anyone remember what it was? I think they posted Axl's phone number or something along those lines?

Pitman told me Silkworms would be on a future Guns N' Roses release.

Those were the guys from elsewhere. They were a bunch of cupcakes who loved to make fun of Chris Pitman, so they used sarcasm and were not really people who could be trusted. I don't know, but I even remember someone claiming that that Axl picture was fake, although I don't think so:

axlemsyw8.jpg

Of course I believe in you and in Pitman. I just don't believe in that particular quote from Axl.