Live chat with Bumblefoot - March 27, 2012

SoulMonster

I wish everyone wouldnt blow off someone who says they have heard tracks. It is highly likely some people have heard tracks that most of us havent. When someone posts about hearing this song or that, someone flames them and they leave. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Mindray-can you elaborate on Silkworms, and what do the other songs sound like. Do you know names?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish everyone wouldnt blow off someone who says they have heard tracks. It is highly likely some people have heard tracks that most of us havent. When someone posts about hearing this song or that, someone flames them and they leave. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Mindray-can you elaborate on Silkworms, and what do the other songs sound like. Do you know names?

99% of the people who say that without trolling are just talking about soundboard remix versions.

But I remember that the first IRS leak, that low-quality one, came from a guy like this that said he had recorded from the Trunk radio show.

Nice of Ron to do this, and it's interesting what he had to say...

Ron knows that there is still alot of CD era material to be released, and his comments more or less confirmed it. I really feel bad for Ron, because I first and foremost selfishly want the Finck/Bucket material to be released, and my mind will never change on that. But I want Ron to feel included in the next release, even if it is adding a solo here or doing overdubs again like on CD. He is obviously THE lead guitarist in Guns right now, so I feel he should be accomodated to a certain extent.

Nice of Ron to do this, and it's interesting what he had to say...

Ron knows that there is still alot of CD era material to be released, and his comments more or less confirmed it. I really feel bad for Ron, because I first and foremost selfishly want the Finck/Bucket material to be released, and my mind will never change on that. But I want Ron to feel included in the next release, even if it is adding a solo here or doing overdubs again like on CD. He is obviously THE lead guitarist in Guns right now, so I feel he should be accomodated to a certain extent.

Don't worry, he is on those tracks. They keep the really good solos on the finished products.

Silkworms still has the same intro and the bridge, a prominent synth 'bass' that fades out during the first line, then it restarts and fades out again during the second.

it comes back and then there's a solo (sounded like fretless? could be) i wouldn't say it was reworked at all, they just added some stuff like that solo and took away the chorus.

another song was a bit like the beginning of street of dreams, with drums and played in a higher octave. another song had a 'woo huu' repeating a lot of times and a buckethead solo that was amazing.

I think those are the things I noticed most when I heard them.

Silkworms still has the same intro and the bridge, a prominent synth 'bass' that fades out during the first line, then it restarts and fades out again during the second.

it comes back and then there's a solo (sounded like fretless? could be) i wouldn't say it was reworked at all, they just added some stuff like that solo and took away the chorus.

another song was a bit like the beginning of street of dreams, with drums and played in a higher octave. another song had a 'woo huu' repeating a lot of times and a buckethead solo that was amazing.

I think those are the things I noticed most when I heard them.

If it was fretless than that's Bumblefoot.

only silkworms had vocals, the other song just had the 'woo huu'.

well, you will believe me when you hear that stuff :)

In the year 2020

it sounded a lot like the solo in rhiad, so i would say fretless.

i have no clue when :lol:

Ok, I forgot to ask how you got to hear this?

How many other tracks with vocals did you get to hear?

Cheers

Edited by gavgnr

This 'woo hoo' thing...is it like the chant in Scraped?

kind of, but the song wasn't as 'hard' as scraped. i know there's some soul/pop song from the last 2-3 years that had a similar 'woo huu', but i don't remember the name.

Yeah. Not to bash him, but he provided some pretty generic stuff, details that anyone familiar with CD stuff could elaborate.

well, i compared those songs to CD stuff because it's easier to imagine what it sounds like.

and no, no celebrity tits :rofl-lol:

Edited by Mindray11

kind of, but the song wasn't as 'hard' as scraped. i know there's some soul/pop song from the last 2-3 years that had a similar 'woo huu', but i don't remember the name.

Actually just started thinking of the 'hoo hoo' from Sympathy for the Devil...

Yeah. Not to bash him, but he provided some pretty generic stuff, details that anyone familiar with CD stuff could elaborate.

well, i compared those songs to CD stuff because it's easier to imagine what it sounds like.

and no, no celebrity tits :rofl-lol:

Enough of this shit, lets talk about titties.