Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

"NEWSFLASH: Fans don't always get what they want. "

^^ too bad some of the psuedo "fans" don't get it, won't even bother reading most of the garbaaaaage.

"yeah and its really a shame, when someone stands up for what they believe in they get attacked, its really sad and fucked up really"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just silly. A lot of fans suspected he wouldn't show up. People are or were always going to talk about a reunion. So what? If you're serious about moving on put out some music and stop being a retro act that relies on the same songs from 25 years ago.

The letter was insulting, dickish, and sad. It could have been a good moment for him and he does the worst thing you could possibly do. Crazy.

With the irrational abuse he always gets for being eloquent and elaborating, i kinda wonder how people would have taken the mere line; 'Not in this lifetime.' as a response, it seems to be what the aggressors deserve and it's as if he's said that anyway and included a grenade in the post too..

And as far as Slash- who the fuck knows what the issue is with him & Axl

Part of it could be that Slash has been out for 17 years and Axl still can't get the band out from under his shadow.

That has a way of building resentment and jealousy in someone.

He knows the only way to ever have that go away is to drop the name, and he financially won't do it.

Thus the proverbial rock and hard place that is his life.

Or it could be that Slash has been spewing lies about Axl in the media ever since he left GN'R. While that time Axl was in hiding and trying to build his own band because everyone left him.

great post

He'll always be shunned by the masses like Batman unless he gives in to what they expect tho, it's the price you pay for having the balls to say Fuck Off sometimes.

yeah and its really a shame, when someone stands up for what they believe in they get attacked, its really sad and fucked up really

.....Yes it is, because it appears that AXL has taken the time to think very deeply about this, and has considered both the negative and positive aspects, and their consequences, prior to issuing his statement ......to me he has shown the strength of character that is befitting of a man who remains true to himself.

Axl's not innocent but all you said is completely true. Get ready to be called an Axl ass kisser.

Just like an apple should be called an apple and an orange an orange..

Or a bitter, childish asshole a bitter childish asshole.

A8R

Wonder if Axl will absolutely hate current GnR one day? My bet is yep.

That's only a matter of time.

Seeing as how he doesn't hate any of the former CD members, I'm pretty sure that you 2 don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

Enlighten me about how you know that Slash is completely innocent and Axl is the devil though, that's always good for a laugh.

Nowhere did I say that. But let's face it Axl has had problems with almost everyone that was ever close to him, who weren't dependent on him for a job. Are all these people at fault? Truth be told, I'm more of an Axl fan than Slash fan. But Slash is a cool guy and well loved in the industry. That speaks for itself I think.

If Axl profiles current G N' R as a band than where are the bandphoto's, bandinterviews and the albums?

Well here is a photo, granted it was released tonight. Interviews have been happening since USA tour started. We just (desperately) need an album...

57558842565755746080719.jpg

If Axl profiles current G N' R as a band than where are the bandphoto's, bandinterviews and the albums?

Well here is a photo, granted it was released tonight. Interviews have been happening since USA tour started. We just (desperately) need an album...

Your damn right we do!

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Axl was in hiding and trying to build his own band

He wasn't "building" anything.

He was hiring guys to tour around and play the old bands songs using a popular brand name.

That Axl (and many of the people around here) don't understand that is why he is largely seen as a joke and not taken seriously as anything other than a tribute act is dumbfounding.

Your damn right we do!

Don't hold your breath, remember how long the "final touches" took for CD? There isn't even a fucking name for the next album yet.

Seeing as how he doesn't hate any of the former CD members, I'm pretty sure that you 2 don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

Enlighten me about how you know that Slash is completely innocent and Axl is the devil though, that's always good for a laugh.

Nowhere did I say that. But let's face it Axl has had problems with almost everyone that was ever close to him, who weren't dependent on him for a job. Are all these people at fault? Truth be told, I'm more of an Axl fan than Slash fan. But Slash is a cool guy and well loved in the industry. That speaks for itself I think.

Who hasn't he made up with other than Slash? Out of everyone he's ever played with, Slash is the only one he absolutely refuses to play with. Obviously Slash did something worse to him than anyone else.

There must be soooo many lawsuits between the old members and Axl it's really not funny. We may think that it should be water under the bridge but don't know the half of it. I really hope Axl releases his book one day (obviously to be taken with a grain of salt like all the others).

In all honesty I'm not 'angry' because I kind of thought he may not wanna attend, and contrary to what my username states the man isn't perfect. At the very least I'm happy that he talked to the fans and the press and explained himself, because truly we know Axl feels he doesn't owe us, them, or anyone an explanation.

The letter was insulting, dickish, and sad. It could have been a good moment for him and he does the worst thing you could possibly do. Crazy.

Obvious you didn't read it.

I thought for sure the Rock Hall's plan to force GNR to reunite was gonna work!

I bet he's gonna sue the HoF for having a secret plan to reunited GnR and for letting Slash be associated with GnR's image. :tongue2:

I'm sure he could sue for having Slash appearing as association of GNR.

and the true colors have been shown Cindy Lauper style, Kira you and the rest will get over it lol then again this isn't surprising, given how so many folks here assumed he assaulted Beta when he got arrested that night back in 06 without the full/actual story or how some just kept up with the whole MSL thread deal all cuz they didn't get another latest whiff of Axl and/or the new band, so maybe this true colors part isn't all that surprising on the other hand

Edited by Nicc

Axl's not innocent but all you said is completely true. Get ready to be called an Axl ass kisser.

Just like an apple should be called an apple and an orange an orange..

Or a bitter, childish asshole a bitter childish asshole.

A8R

It seems you're claiming he's an ass kisser. Oh please elaborate which point he made is wrong?

Who hasn't he made up with other than Slash? Out of everyone he's ever played with, Slash is the only one he absolutely refuses to play with. Obviously Slash did something worse to him than anyone else.

He's had quarrels with every band member (real not employees) at one point or another. He's fired countless managers. Separated from many people that were friends in the old days. Been in many public feuds. The common denominator here is Axl. I don't know why he hates Slash so much, but I suspect that it has to do with the fact that Slash was successful without him, and Slash has a lot of celebrity support, I think that burns his ass.

and the true colors have been shown Cindy Lauper style, Kira you and the rest will get over it lol hen again this isn't surprising, given how so many folks here assumed he assaulted Beta when he got arrested that night back in 06 without the full/actual story or how some just kept up with the whole MSL thread deal all cuz they didn't get another latest whiff of Axl and/or the new band, os this "colors" part isn't all that surprising on the other hand

I have no idea what you are talking about.

If he Hates Slash or who ever so damn much,why not publicly humiliate them on national tv?LOL That would have been true Axl fashion.

He's had quarrels with every band member (real not employees) at one point or another. He's fired countless managers. Separated from many people that were friends in the old days. Been in many public feuds. The common denominator here is Axl. I don't know why he hates Slash so much, but I suspect that it has to do with the fact that Slash was successful without him, and Slash has a lot of celebrity support, I think that burns his ass.

AS IT SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!

And just for the hell of it,all those attending and accepting their induction,should wear Where's Axl signs!

You know there comes a time where enough is enough. I have reached that point.

Axl has made it completely impossible for me to give any kind of support to this band any longer. Every year he spits in the fans face more and more. This RRHOF thing is it.

His letter is embarrassing not only for himself for anyone who identifies themselves as being a fan. So not only does he have hate for Slash, now he is crying about the hall who were doing things contrary to his liking. This guy is literally just off the chart.

Axl, do yourself a favour. Go seek help. I'm not saying that as an insult, I'm being serious. You need serious help man. You hold decade long grudges for stupid shit, that everyone else has grown out of and moved on from...but no, not you. It is clear you cannot deal with anyone else in life either. You have serious issues and I hope for your sake you seek help.

I've seen the new GNR twice. Although I have no interest in the new band, I wanted to be on the right side of history and able to say "I've seen GNR". From this most recent slap in the face from Axl, who has made it clear he does not give a fuck about the fans, I am withdrawing any support for this band. I can no longer deal with the complete disrespect by Axl. I will NEVER spend another cent on anything Axl/GNR. Not music, concerts ...anything. I'm done.

Axl, you are an embarrassment to yourself, your fans and the music industry. I cannot believe how you conduct yourself as the most petty human being I have ever seen. You have been given a life of complete luxury by your fans and in return you cannot get up on a stage for 2 minutes, fake a smile and then walk off. Unbelievable

For all I care you can ride out the rest of your numbered days in this lackluster band, and the world will continue to see you as the joke that you are. If there were any doubts, you behaviour has just solidifed your place in music history as that.

What a pathetic little man.

From a former die hard fan.