2012/05/12 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist update please! I just got back from getting my hair cut.

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

(James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die

(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

This I Love

Motivation

(Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals, with band introductions)

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

(Baba O' Riley)

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

(Mi Amor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Instrumental Jam

(Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)

Axl Rose Piano Solo

(Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/… more)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

(Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

(AC/DC cover)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Encore:

Instrumental Jam

Madagascar

Better

Instrumental Jam

Paradise City

Setlist update please! I just got back from getting my hair cut.

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

(James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die

(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

This I Love

Motivation

(Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals, with band introductions)

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

(Baba O' Riley)

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

(Mi Amor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Instrumental Jam

(Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)

Axl Rose Piano Solo

(Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/… more)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

(Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

(AC/DC cover)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Encore:

Instrumental Jam

Madagascar

Better

Instrumental Jam

Paradise City

Thanks man. Another great setlist.

Guest gunns5

Solo spots don't really bother me, it's the gnr songs that they're not playing: IRS, civil war, shacklers, if the world etc

Actually there are some songs they didn't play last time they were in Russia. So technically, it's new to them, and to be honest we didn't pay to see them in Moscow so it doesn't matter what we think. I'm pretty sure SoulMonster tried to beat it into some heads yesterday, but it looks like it didn't work. Great setlist though.

It's gonna be another great year for Guns!

Edited by iftheworld

We don't need anything "beat " into our heads since we are all quite capable of forming our own opinions.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. They did play new songs that they didn't play last time they were there. I wasn't attacking anyones' opinion I was commenting on people saying they didn't play new material. Technically, they did.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Edited by iftheworld

We don't need anything "beat " into our heads since we are all quite capable of forming our own opinions.

No, sorry. If you were not at the show you are not allowed an opinion.

ok, new rule. You can only discuss the show if you were actually there. GO!

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. They did play new songs that they didn't play last time they were there. I wasn't attacking anyones' opinion I was commenting on people saying they didn't play new material. Technically, they did.

itw....if you have to start using the word "technically" in your defense, it means people aren't gonna be happy with it. I'm sure most of the 8,000 Russians who went had a great time and thought it was an awesome show, and those are the most important people for Guns to be satisfying.

However, people on here do have legitimate reasons to feel led on and let down with how things went, whether you can spin a "technical" definition to exonerate GNR's wording or not. Expectations were built up by multiple sources for a new song or two and a few setlist changes, but neither happened. So...let's not perpetuate this argument here.

Edited by Flayer

So by new songs you mean songs they hadn't played in a particular venue, country, time zone or hemisphere? That's not new material, in the sense that it's unrelleased never before heard music. What they simply did was play old songs for a new crowd, not the other way around.

Brilliant.

Though I think that some people on here would amend that to read that you can talk about it if you weren't there, ONLY if you say positive things.

Edited by Groghan

So by new songs you mean songs they hadn't played in a particular venue, country, time zone or hemisphere? That's not new material, in the sense that it's unrelleased never before heard music. What they simply did was play old songs for a new crowd, not the other way around.

:thumbsup:

Brilliant.

Though I think that some people on here would amend that to read that you can talk about it if you weren't there, ONLY if you say positive things.

You can only discuss it if you were there, AND only say positive things. A V I P thread with zero posts.

Kind of like a jarmoian dreamworld.

Brilliant.

You can only discuss it if you were there, AND only say positive things. A V I P thread with zero posts.

Kind of like a jarmoian dreamworld.

Which I think is pretty fuckin' stupid because some people, like me, just want to see GN'R be the best band they can be. I wonder what happened to them playing IRS, If The World, Catcher in the Rye, Out to Get Me, Nice Boys. Why not play There Was a Time, or Out to Get Me once in a while? Hell, they played Down on a Farm a few times during the 06-07 tour. It just seems like their just going with the flow now. Hell, atleast mix-up the set-list from time to time. I'm not even saying they have to play new songs, just do something different from time to time.

And to add, what happened to Civil War? Why did they take it away the last two shows?

Edited by GNR123GNR456