2012/05/12 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need anything "beat " into our heads since we are all quite capable of forming our own opinions.

No, sorry. If you were not at the show you are not allowed an opinion.

ok, new rule. You can only discuss the show if you were actually there. GO!

Brilliant.

Though I think that some people on here would amend that to read that you can talk about it if you weren't there, ONLY if you say positive things.

You can only discuss it if you were there, AND only say positive things. A V I P thread with zero posts.

Kind of like a jarmoian dreamworld.

Which I think is pretty fuckin' stupid because some people, like me, just want to see GN'R be the best band they can be. I wonder what happened to them playing IRS, If The World, Catcher in the Rye, Out to Get Me, Nice Boys. Why not play There Was a Time, or Out to Get Me once in a while? Hell, they played Down on a Farm a few times during the 06-07 tour. It just seems like their just going with the flow now. Hell, atleast mix-up the set-list from time to time. I'm not even saying they have to play new songs, just do something different from time to time.

And to add, what happened to Civil War? Why did they take it away the last two shows?

I agree with these string of posts, right on the money.

I think tht these guys need to stop talking shit.

What shit, you ask?!

Well, this whole DJ saying there will be a surprise at a certain show . The whole lay some tracks one Facebook, soon is the word, Axl has some great stuff lying around, somehthing you haven't had yet, get the new record out in the fall, better video, soon shit.

This band is bad ass live . I won't take that from them but IT IS HIGH TIME they DELIVER THE GOODS.

What shit, you ask?!

Well, this whole DJ saying there will be a surprise at a certain show . The whole lay some tracks one Facebook, soon is the word, Axl has some great stuff lying around, somehthing you haven't had yet, get the new record out in the fall, better video, soon shit.

This band is bad ass live . I won't take that from them but IT IS HIGH TIME they DELIVER THE GOODS.

Yes, I agree completely.

What shit, you ask?!

Yes, I agree completely.

It's an eminence front...

Could we at least see some new solo sections? You'd think the guys would be excited to make something else if the tour set is the same!

Yeah... I don't get it. Especially Ron. Richard seems to not give a fuck, and seems to be perfectly happy if GnR becomes a permanent touring act, DJ at least changes between Mi Amor and Ballad, and Ron's been playing Pink Panther since '09! Plus, he says he's ready to play anything and just needs Axl so say the word but if it seems like Axl's not gonna do anything, it wouldn't take much of him to do his part and play something new as his solo spot.

I really dont like how axl looks with the bottom of his jacket zipped up, just makes him look awkward, or kinda chubby, other pics look fuckin awesome, welcome back

and a new song would be a great plus

Okay, I get not playing new songs. I slightly understand dropping You're Crazy, Shackler's Revenge, and Used to Love Her. I minimally understand dropping Civil War.

But Patience, what the fuck? Patience is by far not my favorite live song, but it's played at every show. Did they just forget? What's the deal? One night was weird enough. Two nights in a row, no Patience!

Is it because they can get away with it in Russia? In America, there'd be a throng of pissed off fans. :P

Okay, I get not playing new songs. I slightly understand dropping You're Crazy, Shackler's Revenge, and Used to Love Her. I minimally understand dropping Civil War.

But Patience, what the fuck? Patience is by far not my favorite live song, but it's played at every show. Did they just forget? What's the deal? One night was weird enough. Two nights in a row, no Patience!

Is it because they can get away with it in Russia? In America, there'd be a throng of pissed off fans. :P

I'd trade Civil War for Patience anyday, unless of course I was trying to sing it myself.

I'd trade Civil War for Patience anyday, unless of course I was trying to sing it myself.

I really don't mind them leaving patience out. But really... Shackler's, You're Crazy, UTLH and Civil War need to be back.

I really don't mind them leaving patience out. But really... Shackler's, You're Crazy, UTLH and Civil War need to be back.

Yeah, and maybe they could bring back IRS, Nice Boys, and Out to Get Me as well. Hell, what happened to If The World and Scraped, or There Was a Time? Why not play Catcher once in a while?

Yeah, and maybe they could bring back IRS, Nice Boys, and Out to Get Me as well. Hell, what happened to If The World and Scraped, or There Was a Time? Why not play Catcher once in a while?

I don't what happened. Until the end of 2010 it was clear Axl was excited about playing the CD songs, he changed the setlist all the time. The songs were on constant rotation. Since 2011, it's like Axl just lost his interest or something. It's like he's no longer enjoying the tours, he's doing it as a job now.

I totally agree. I really never liked the way Axl sang Patience live, to be honest. I don't like the voice he uses for the "Can't speed up the time" and the "The lights they shine so bright" bits. That said, Patience is a concert staple and has been for a long time. It's just shocking. It's like dropping YCBM. It just doesn't happen.

They are just warming up--the sound of the gigs and Axl's voice were fantastic! They always start adding stuff after they know they have their mix figured out, etc. I would expect Dublin is going to get a wail of a show, with a larger set-list and some different songs and maybe a few new ones added in! This UK leg with Thin Lizzy has the potential to be an epic run!

I don't what happened. Until the end of 2010 it was clear Axl was excited about playing the CD songs, he changed the setlist all the time. The songs were on constant rotation. Since 2011, it's like Axl just lost his interest or something. It's like he's no longer enjoying the tours, he's doing it as a job now.

Even Axl's voice deteriorated somewhat. He sounded awesome on the 2010 tour, but ever since Rio he's has mostly the clean vocals with some rasp here and there.

I wonder what happened?