2012/05/12 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when they said new songs they meant more band jams?

to be fair, it was the truth since they hadn't played civil war, or estranged down in russia since the last time, so they did got to hear new songs.

and it's just the start of the tour wait a little while.

So new song then?

I don't think GNR hit russia in the Appetite or Illusion tours did they? Strange! No doubt they had a blast regardless of us setlist crazies!

to be fair, it was the truth since they hadn't played civil war, or estranged down in russia since the last time, so they did got to hear new songs.

So new song then?

I don't think GNR hit russia in the Appetite or Illusion tours did they? Strange! No doubt they had a blast regardless of us setlist crazies!

No, that is wrong, the Moscow audience did get to hear two songs they had never had a chance to hear live before.

They've played 5 times in Russia, including these two recent shows. The three prior shows were all in 2010, two in Moscow and one in St. Petersburg.

Why would I be trolling? I have been called an Axl nutter 100's of times and have always defended him. But did he sound good? Really?

Axl usually does a good job on Nightrain, but the video I saw from last night was awful. Sure there are a few seconds of rasp in those 6 minutes.

Some people here are satisfied way to easily.

EDIT: Don't censor that word, I wasn't calling anyone out. Childish filters.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

The European tour just started and again people are bitching about Axl's voice!

I don't understand it? Are you people looking for Axl to fail?

when I saw Axl and GNR in Dallas in November, he sounded fuckin awesome!

Maybe he had an off night? I understand being disappointed if the singer or the band doesn't sound good, but give Axl a break. I think he's doing his best. We all know Axl's a perfectionist, so I'm sure whatever the problem might be, he'll fix it.

I doubt he wants to suck performing for his fans. I doubt he's doing it on purpose.

I know it sucks especially when you pay high ticket prices and want to see an awesome show, but sometimes shit happens. It's life and sometimes it sucks, so just try to be patient and realize Axl is human and sometimes things don't go the way you plan it.

So as far as I can remember, this is indeed a new low. Playing the same venue two night in a row and playing the exact same set-list with a cover song added. That's just taboo. It's not done. You don;t play the same place two night in a row and play the exact same set-list. You KNOW most of the band would agree as Dizzy's comments the other day sort of show there's just one person who disagrees and that's the person who calls the shots. Same can be said about making and releasing another album.

I find it interesting that your "new" low is the exact same thing that happened at the end of . . . *2001* . . . the second night in vegas was the same as the first night, with the exception of one song being added on night two. for something you claim is so taboo and not done, i can think of many instances where it occurs. the last two nights at hammerstein in . . . *2006* . . . were the same except for one song being added.

you do realize when a band plays the same venue multiple times, it's so that MORE people in that town are able to come see them? it's not expected to be primarily the same people each night.

do you guys who love complaining pay any attention to the truth before you make your posts, or is posting lies a form of therapy?

Well said MSL.

Some users on here are total cunts to be honest. Most have never been to gig before and therefore have no place to comment. HTGTH looking more attractive each fuckin day.

They didn't play Civil War this time around either.

So as far as I can remember, this is indeed a new low. Playing the same venue two night in a row and playing the exact same set-list with a cover song added. That's just taboo. It's not done. You don;t play the same place two night in a row and play the exact same set-list. You KNOW most of the band would agree as Dizzy's comments the other day sort of show there's just one person who disagrees and that's the person who calls the shots. Same can be said about making and releasing another album.

I find it interesting that your "new" low is the exact same thing that happened at the end of . . . *2001* . . . the second night in vegas was the same as the first night, with the exception of one song being added on night two. for something you claim is so taboo and not done, i can think of many instances where it occurs. the last two nights at hammerstein in . . . *2006* . . . were the same except for one song being added.

you do realize when a band plays the same venue multiple times, it's so that MORE people in that town are able to come see them? it's not expected to be primarily the same people each night.

do you guys who love complaining pay any attention to the truth before you make your posts, or is posting lies a form of therapy?

Well said MSL.

Some users on here are total cunts to be honest. Most have never been to gig before and therefore have no place to comment. HTGTH looking more attractive each fuckin day.

Totally agree, this place is starting to really suck with wingers and nasty opinions, some of you are so sad, get a life really. Thank god we have Gunsguy, otherwise i would not visit this site.

Fucking hell these vids are amazing, Axl sounds killer! Can't wait for Nottingham & Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this band!

omg1999 im goin notts and brum, bring it!

will be drinkin heavily next weekend in nottingham pre gig!

Well said MSL.

Totally agree, this place is starting to really suck with wingers and nasty opinions, some of you are so sad, get a life really. Thank god we have Gunsguy, otherwise i would not visit this site.

Don't come to a band forum to pontificate to the members, the fans, those of us who kept the name "GNR" alive. Good or bad these comments are spurred by emotion, that's why it's fucked for anyone to tell someone they don't have the right to complain or voice their opinion on the band. These people are obviously emotional over the band they love/loved. That's why we have a forum, that's why we have a board for discussion. Where else are people supposed to do it? Do you want to alienate everyone on the forum?

Well said MSL.

Don't come to a band forum to pontificate to the members, the fans, those of us who kept the name "GNR" alive. Good or bad these comments are spurred by emotion, that's why it's fucked for anyone to tell someone they don't have the right to complain or voice their opinion on the band. These people are obviously emotional over the band they love/loved. That's why we have a forum, that's why we have a board for discussion. Where else are people supposed to do it? Do you want to alienate everyone on the forum?

:thumbsup:

Fucking hell these vids are amazing, Axl sounds killer! Can't wait for Nottingham & Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this band!

omg1999 im goin notts and brum, bring it!

will be drinkin heavily next weekend in nottingham pre gig!

awsome!!! i'm driving so no drink in Notts, but plenty in Brum. cant fookin wait

Well said MSL.

Exactly.

Baffled that people want to dictate what other people can post. We can only post if we worship the band? Ridiculous.

Baffled that people want to dictate what other people can post. We can only post if we worship the band? Ridiculous.

I think you would be less baffled if you'd realize that no one has advocated dictating what others' post. In fact, I think a lot of your continuous confusion would disappear if you'd pay more attention to what people actually write and not what you assume they are writing.

Well said MSL.

Great post, agreed!

I'm sorry you must have missed the part where I said "as far as I can remember". It's the first line. You see it now? "Lies"? come the fuck on haha. Of course the reason bands play two nights in one city is so other fans can go. That goes without saying and I didn't say that wasn't the reason. It also goes without saying plenty, not a few, hardcores will always go both nights so most bands will mix around the set at least a bit. Axl plays for the casual fans as we've learned over and over again. That's fine. Thanks for pointing out and correcting me that it's not a new low gnr has done it multiple times, since the new band started at least.

577853_332583930145256_111007095636275_785320_228702183_n.jpg

this pic isn't from Russia .. the fan is Erik (he is my friend at FB) and this is New Years Day .. Las Vegas :thumbsup:

Axl looks awesome .. as always :wub:

Hmmmm....I remember back when Axl used to look awesome and hot and ...... This isn't it. I'm actually surprised at how bad he's aged, it doesn't look like he takes care of himself at all.

I wouldn't say he's fat, but he's not toned at all, he carries weight in his face, his hair is a disaster, his eyes always look glassy like he is wired on some kind of meds. Although I do appreciate his fine taste in jewelry. :)

Edited by Kira