Fans infuriated after two-hour wait for Guns N' Roses Liverpool gig

BBA

People are fucking dumb. There's an opening act, it's not GNR coming on two hours late if that two hours includes an opening act. Jesus...

GNR comes on 2 hours after the opening act has ended.

Not on the club dates. It's probably because of the magnitude of the production - pyro, etc.

Dallas, TX was just south of an hour if I remember correctly and Norman, OK was 45 minutes on the dot. I don't remember how long it took at the Chicago UCAP show but I don't remember it being excessive.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2am is late? In 2010 in Rio they started 2am and finished almost 5am.

Is that good for you? Stop complain. You are lucky. Ha!

Don´t you guys get tired of complain about something that will never gonna change?!

Sorry for my english. :heart:

I appreciate that getting up in time for work might be an alien concept for someone from central america but if i returned from a concert at 5am I would have an hour to get into work.

Don´t you guys get tired of complain about something that will never gonna change?!

I appreciate that getting up in time for work might be an alien concept for someone from central america but if i returned from a concert at 5am I would have an hour to get into work.

It's called planning and taking a day off work.

Not everyone has the luxury of doing this and if you factor in children and babysitters the logistics are not as simple as you describe them.

And before you tell me not to go I will tell you I don't go to NuGuns shows for this very reason. I have tickets to see The Cult, Hot Tuna, Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, and Slash this summer and all of those bands will get on stage on time so I can get home in time for the babaysitter and not have to take off work the next day. All those bands are professionals who care about their fans so they get my support and $$$.

Not everyone has the luxury of doing this and if you factor in children and babysitters the logistics are not as simple as you describe them.

And before you tell me not to go I will tell you I don't go to NuGuns shows for this very reason. I have tickets to see The Cult, Hot Tuna, Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, and Slash this summer and all of those bands will get on stage on time so I can get home in time for the babaysitter and not have to take off work the next day. All those bands are professionals who care about their fans so they get my support and $$.

You don't seem really resourceful...and just to let you know you would not go see a GNR show in the 90s either because they were late back then also. All of you are complaning about something that's been happening for decades. It's like complaining about taxes...it's useless.

And before you tell me not to go I will tell you I don't go to NuGuns shows for this very reason. I have tickets to see The Cult, Hot Tuna, Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, and Slash this summer and all of those bands will get on stage on time so I can get home in time for the babaysitter and not have to take off work the next day. All those bands are professionals who care about their fans so they get my support and $$$.

Ok, so you admitted that you don't go and you're reasons for not going are completely understandable and respectable.

I wish that more people had your level of intelligence, so we could quit revisiting this topic daily.

Guns should be left to the people that can clear their slate. 20 years should be plenty of time to convince the general public that a show won't be for them if they have to be somewhere.

And before you tell me not to go I will tell you I don't go to NuGuns shows for this very reason. I have tickets to see The Cult, Hot Tuna, Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, and Slash this summer and all of those bands will get on stage on time so I can get home in time for the babaysitter and not have to take off work the next day. All those bands are professionals who care about their fans so they get my support and $$.

You don't seem really resourceful...and just to let you know you would not go see a GNR show in the 90s either because they were late back then also. All of you are complaning about something that's been happening for decades. It's like complaining about taxes...it's useless.

Axl knows that once people buy the ticket and go to the arena they're stuck, they HAVE to wait.. they can leave but who would?, nobody knows for sure if he's going late or what. how late?

it's not the 90's anymore, he's not just being disrespectful but he's also taking advantage of the people who PAY for HIS Services.. why? just so he can say "oh even though you're buying my services i'm showing you i can still do what i want"? that's a mental masturbation and only works for the need for attentition..

Axl doesn't take shit from anybody?, why would anubody take shit from him?, throw shit at them if they're late, make them feel uncomfortable, if people everywhere they go start doing something about it, i'm sure they'll have no other choice eventually but to play the rules. they can't afford to cancel.

Even as a massive GN'R fan (More of the classic line-up, but really like Chinese Democracy), it puts even me off going to see them. Maybe Axl could just about get away with it when they were the biggest band in the world, but now it doesn't look justified, just really unprofessional however way you look at it.

I still stand by my statement that they KNOW if they advertise how late they go on to the general public, they'd end up playing much smaller places after a while seeing as if the public were warned up front about the lateness, a lot just wouldn't bother.

Shame, because from what I've seen of the newest line-up, it's looking like a really good show!

Okay GNR have been going on about ten or eleven for their whole touring, so why is it such a surprise to their European fans?

Get a pc and check out the GNR forums and see that that's the way Axl and company go on stage. Why should they apologize because some fans are little pussies and can't stay out past ten?

If you don't want to wait over 2 hours or whatever, then stay the fuck home!

I've waited for many bands throughout my life and once the band came on fans went nuts and were given the best shows ever!

Fans should know Axl has said it time and time again, he goes on late and plays for 3 hours. If you can't stay up past ten, then don't go to the show!

Also there is an opening act, so suck it up because Axl and GNR are so worth the wait once they hit the stage and if you don't think so, then again, don't go to their concerts!

Nice logic you employ here. Never mind the principle, if it's happened for a long time, you shouldn't complain. Whether there's precedent or not, those buying tickets have every right to voice their anger if they feel like they're not being respected. Axl whines and bitches when people chuck shit at him and the band while on stage (which has been happening for years) and rightfully so. Interesting he can't treat the fans with the same treatment he expects from them.

Just another example of Axl spitting in people's faces and certain people claiming it to be rock n' roll! Most people who haven't drank the kool-aid just see it as being spat on. It's not rock n' roll, it's lame and sad and it comes from someone who's old enough to know better.

Cheers,

Andrew

Has nothing to do with be resourceful as some of us have family and professional obligations to consider. I can't expect a baby sitter to stay until the AM in the morning on a weeknight when they have work the next day plus it is not cheap to pay a babysitter my friend.

In the 90's I saw 3 UYI shows and I was younger and had no obligations so putting up with Axl being inconsiderate was not an issue.

In all honesty NuGuns is just not worth the hassle but now if the AFD band got back together that is another matter. ;)

Ordinarily, I would side with fans because waiting hours upon hours is ridiculous, but I waited 45 minutes at my show, and these guys waited 76 minutes... That's EXCELLENT time for a band of his magnitude to switch equipment like that.

If you won't wait for more than 20 minutes for a band, you probably will never attend a single concert. Even equipment switching for my wind orchestra band takes a half hour minimum.

I call bullshit, sorry.

You are missing the point. It is the 2am finish that fucks everyone up. Every other arena act plan to finish before public transport finishes. Casual fans that attend lots of arena shows get caught out and have to leave early or get stranded.

That's not what the complaint was: it was about the "two-hour wait." And if the ending time is the complaint, that's even worse. How can you get mad at a band for actually giving you your money's worth? I'd love for my other favorite bands to play even two hour sets. If it's getting too late and you have to leave early, that's fine. You got your two hours so it's not like you're wasting your money. I suppose if the sole reason you went to the show was for Paradise City, you'd be fucked. That's the only thing I can think of...

Do you play an ocarina because that would be badass.

I play this thing:

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_472725.902_nickel.jpg

Ordinarily, I would side with fans because waiting hours upon hours is ridiculous, but I waited 45 minutes at my show, and these guys waited 76 minutes... That's EXCELLENT time for a band of his magnitude to switch equipment like that.

If you won't wait for more than 20 minutes for a band, you probably will never attend a single concert. Even equipment switching for my wind orchestra band takes a half hour minimum.

I call bullshit, sorry.

You are missing the point. It is the 2am finish that fucks everyone up. Every other arena act plan to finish before public transport finishes. Casual fans that attend lots of arena shows get caught out and have to leave early or get stranded.

That's not what the complaint was: it was about the "two-hour wait." And if the ending time is the complaint, that's even worse. How can you get mad at a band for actually giving you your money's worth? I'd love for my other favorite bands to play even two hour sets. If it's getting too late and you have to leave early, that's fine. You got your two hours so it's not like you're wasting your money. I suppose if the sole reason you went to the show was for Paradise City, you'd be fucked. That's the only thing I can think of...

I play this thing:

And one time at band camp.....................

Get a pc and check out the GNR forums and see that that's the way Axl and company go on stage. Why should they apologize because some fans are little pussies and can't stay out past ten?

Nice attitude you've got there. No wonder GNR fans are held in only slightly higher regard as Nickelback fans. Staying past ten is fine for most, it's staying past 2:30 in the morning on a weekday that subsequently fucks up plans on getting home if you rely on public transportation. Yeah, what a pussy, has to take the bus/subway home at 1:00 because he can't afford a car or the astronomical cab fares since he's already dropped $100 on a ticket plus whatever needed for a babysitter or food while out.

Do you honestly check the internet for every other band you see? You might, but the vast majority of people going to shows are not inclined to do this because they've never had to with other bands.

Look, I think Axl and the band for the most part have gotten better at getting their asses on stage over the last little while. But it's utter nonsense to try and defend the principle of going on late because that's not the way Axl does things. Habit does not transform a sin into a virtue.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

last concert i went to was less than a week ago. headliner went on at 11:05pm. they played until 12:40am.

had they played a GNR sized set, the show would have ended at 2am.

i don't think anybody would have complained about the ending time. they would have been so fucking thrilled that the band had played that long.

bitter ex-fans need to find something better to do with their lives than complain about GNR playing so long.

has nothing to do with them playing long it has to do with what time they get on stage.

Oh SNAP!!! :lol:

I call bullshit, sorry.

I play this thing:

Are you makin' fun of my instrument? :P

I'll have you know the French horn is what makes the Star Wars theme so awesome.

Wait...what? how old are you?

With your logic, anytime someone pisses me off I can throw shit at them? :rolleyes:

Well I've certainly got a bottle of piss with your name on it if we ever end up at the same concert! :lol:

last concert i went to was less than a week ago. headliner went on at 11:05pm. they played until 12:40am.

i don't think anybody would have complained about the ending time. they would have been so fucking thrilled that the band had played that long.

bitter ex-fans need to find something better to do with their lives than complain about GNR playing so long.

has nothing to do with them playing long it has to do with what time they get on stage.

Fans should not have to feel grateful that they get a 3 hour set after waiting till the early hours. It means that everyone is hoping for the set to end so that they can make the train and any pleasure hearing a soulless Paradise City again is limited.

Fans should not have to feel grateful that they get a 3 hour set after waiting till the early hours. It means that everyone is hoping for the set to end so that they can make the train and any pleasure hearing a soulless Paradise City again is limited.

Doors are open whenever you want to leave. I think we should have a piss bottle Secret Santa thing come Christmas.

How can you get mad at a band for actually giving you your money's worth? I'd love for my other favorite bands to play even two hour sets. If it's getting too late and you have to leave early, that's fine. You got your two hours so it's not like you're wasting your money. I suppose if the sole reason you went to the show was for Paradise City, you'd be fucked. That's the only thing I can think of...

Not at all! If you pay the price for a full show and you can't see it all because of Axl's inconsiderate actions you don't get your moneys worth! Again you need to realise that the majority of the audience simply aren't aware to expect the late start. If they see doors at 6:30 and show start at 9:00 they have every right to expect that. It doesn't make them stupid it just means they don't spend every day on the forums.

Out of all the bands I've seen over the years, and there have been a fucking lot of them, this is the only one that I've ever really bothered to join a forum about. Every show I've been to I've bought the ticket cos I liked the band and their music and looked forward to seeing them live. I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of significantly late starts and they were all for reasons beyond the band's control.

The people who insist that everybody should know exactly what to expect have far too much time on their hands to be fair and I include myself in this. People with busy lives, jobs and families will often buy the ticket on a whim, forget about it until the night of the show and go out looking forward to a rare night out expecting nothing more than a fun night and a little nostalgia seeing some of their favourite tunes for the first time in years.

Again it would be simple common courtesy to give some indication of possible delays to these people so they are able to factor the issue in when thinking about buying the ticket and making arrangements to get to and from the show.

I call bullshit, sorry.

I play this thing:

Are you makin' fun of my instrument? :P

I'll have you know the French horn is what makes the Star Wars theme so awesome.

No mate I respect anyone who plays a musical instrument, I play guitar myself, but when I saw the picture it made me think of the movie American Pie and the "Band camp" episode....apologies if I offended........

Edited by classicrawker