IZZY SET TO MAKE A CAMEO WITH GNR ON FRIDAY

G2R_AXL

Richard is better guitarist though ;)

Is this a joke? Richard is better than Izzy Stradlin? Thanks for the laugh,Broham. What has Richard written that comes close to some of Izzy's material? Richard does get points though for looking slightly like Izzy from a distance.

Richard is better at shredding with guitars maybe, but when it comes to creativity and just pure guitar skill Izzy is better. This is not to say Fortus isn't good. I love the guy and find him to be very underused in most songs.

Edited by iftheworld

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a joke? Richard is better than Izzy Stradlin? Thanks for the laugh,Broham. What has Richard written that comes close to some of Izzy's material? Richard does get points though for looking slightly like Izzy from a distance.

Richard is better at shredding with guitars maybe, but when it comes to creativity and just pure guitar skill Izzy is better. This is not to say Fortus isn't good. I love the guy and find him to be very underused in most songs.

I don't deny Richard is a good guitarist. In terms of songwriting,he isn't in Izzy's league. As far as playing that is subjective but I also give the nod to Izzy.

I don't deny Richard is a good guitarist. In terms of songwriting,he isn't in Izzy's league. As far as playing that is subjective but I also give the nod to Izzy.

I was agreeing with you 100%. I just quoted you. Yes I agree Izzy is precious.

Where's Izzy going to park his tour bus? Someone needs to take a picture of this bad boy.

Edited by iftheworld

Okay, what has izzy written that's on a scale of Appetite/illusion's since he left the band? You can't judge how he is now by his glory 25 years ago, perhaps he writes great songs with the people who were around him at that time?

Anyway, I never said Richard was a better song writer, I said better guitarist. Someone youtube me some izzy ripping a guitar solo apart to prove me wrong!

Im looking forward to seeing izzy for nostalgic purposes, a taste of the old band and seeing axl with an old friend, not cause he's gonna make the songs sound any different with his unique sound. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Axl_morris

Okay, what has izzy written that's on a scale of Appetite/illusion's since he left the band? You can't judge how he is now by his glory 25 years ago, perhaps he writes great songs with the people who were around him at that time?

Anyway, I never said Richard was a better song writer, I said better guitarist. Someone youtube me some izzy ripping a guitar solo apart to prove me wrong!

Im looking forward to seeing izzy for nostalgic purposes, a taste of the old band and seeing axl with an old friend, not cause he's gonna make the songs sound any different with his unique sound. rolleyes.gif

Wow. I'm not even sure where to start. If it weren't for Izzy,there may possibly have not been a GnR left today for Richard to play in. Not only that ,there are a million "better" guitarists than both Richard and Izzy but it doesn't mean they are better for GnR. The guy at the bar down the street from me can play guitar "better" than Slash,Izzy and Richard ,should he be in Guns N' Roses as well?

I love Izzy and his work but Richard is a better guitarist and there is no need to add any other attachment to it.

It's just a statement of fact. Fortus is insanely talented.

No need to turn this into a new vs old debate, it's just a comparison of guitar chops. No other things should be taken into consideration.

This is precisely what i was referring to in another post about why people hate the nuguns members. Izzy Stradlin has countless songs that people adore and love, people attend shows now because of what Izzy did. Do not trivialize what Izzy has accomplished, hes done more for RNR than 4tus could ever hope to do and if you asked 4tus he would agree. I like 4tus hes a great player and nice guy but when it comes to what 4tus or Izzy has done in RNR there is no comparison Izzy Stradlin is head and shoulders better

I love Izzy and his work but Richard is a better guitarist and there is no need to add any other attachment to it.

No need to turn this into a new vs old debate, it's just a comparison of guitar chops. No other things should be taken into consideration.

I'm not debating old vs. new. We all know Izzy isn't coming back. For all I know,Richard could be writing the next Stairway To Heaven as we speak. Being a talented guitarist means little if you don't write the songs to back it up.

Well you can always find awesome fast guitarists. Good luck finding an Izzy Stradlin. Overall GNR fans are rewarded by watching them both play on the same stage Friday. Awesome.

Edited by iftheworld

You are correct. Izzy is the better song writer but Richard just rapes the guitar.

True, but what has Mick Jagger written that was any good since 1985, McCartney since the 1970s, Bono/Edge since early 90s? Would you rather see the guys who originally composed the songs play them or someone who is technically better at playing them? It's a personal thing, but I would imagine most people would forgo technical perfection for the sake of connecting to the artist who had a hand in writing the songs. You obviously feel different, which is fair. It's been my experience that people attend concerts to connect with the music and the artist. Kind of why a cover or tribute band will always be relegated to small theaters and away from arenas/stadiums.

I don't disagree with your original point that Richard might be a better guitar player technically, but to say that Izzy's relevance is diminished because he hasn't written anything noteworthy since UYI1&2 is questionable. I've always viewed musicians much like athletes. They have their prime years but the older they get the harder it gets to crank out relevant hits.

Cheers,

Andrew

If this is true then it's extremely disappointing Izzy didn't show up to the Hall of Fame. What a big fuck you to the other guys.

Maybe Izzy has a reason to feel that way..ever consider that?

If this is true then it's extremely disappointing Izzy didn't show up to the Hall of Fame. What a big fuck you to the other guys.

I'm guessing after Axl's classless move regarding the HOF (last minute bailing...no communication with even Duff/blowing him off and disrespecting him) that even Duff is done with Axl. I'd be suprised if Duff ever appears again on stage with Axl.

I wouldn't. Why should Duff care? The guy loves Axl, as he should. Let it go..

Fair enough..I'm glad Izzys showing up to perform with the band. He's a hell of a guitar player, and it'll be great to see him and axl on stage together again.

Read what he wrote! Don't be a dick. He didn't write that fortus is a better musician or writer. You can't deny that Fortus is a better guitarist.

Read what he wrote! Don't be a dick. He didn't write that fortus is a better musician or writer. You can't deny that Fortus is a better guitarist.

Exactly. I never read it as though he was a better song writer. Better player, yea, definitely.

exactly

Izzy supports the current line up.

Izzy likes making money also!

so you mean that he gets paid to join them on stage? :rolleyes:

wouldn't think so

exactly

Izzy supports the current line up.

Izzy likes making money also!

so you mean that he gets paid to join them on stage? :rolleyes:

wouldn't think so

Axl already has 19 guys to pay, he ain't gonna pay an Izzy or Duff. Dude must use a payroll service for all his "employees".

Izzy has written 11 albums since he left the band. Have you heard all (or any) of them? He still is a fine songwriter. But obviously his material is going to be hightened when working with Axl, Slash & Duff in GNR. Izzy doesn't really experiment like Axl or like Slash (luckily). He just makes solid Stones/Dolls influenced rock n' roll for the most part. If you like it, that's great. If not, he probably doesn't care. I'll admit that when I hear some of his solo stuff, I can imagine Axl singing and some of the songs sounding much better, but classic GNR is history. I do think Izzy's stuff has been the most consistant out of all his fellow ex-gunners...not including VR, since they had the combination of Slash, Duff & Matt.

I'd love to see Izzy N' Axl write together again. I don't care if Izzy ever rejoins Guns (and I don't think he ever would), but it would be cool to see if the Stradlin/Rose writing team could still come up with the goods.

Axl already has 19 guys to pay, he ain't gonna pay an Izzy or Duff. Dude must use a payroll service for all his "employees".

Hardee har har. You're good, who would have thought your screen name would have implied how "original" your material is. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: