London 1/06/12

gibbinson

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broskirose

First Shackler's on this current Euro tour, correct? Didn't see every setlist from this week, but I don't remember seeing it on any setlist before tonight, nice :)

Third

wonder why they don't just have izzy play the entire gig with an extra guitar? i wonder if he doesn't want to or if maybe axl would prefer him just to do a couple songs?

Izzy on Shackler's? lol

Haha, yeah! Obviously Izzy wont fit in with the CD songs.

What an awesome night, my ears are still ringing! :D

SO happy I got to see Izzy too! :wub: Guess it makes up for my fucking terrible luck back in 06. And I agree with the poster that stated previously that Izzy seemed to fit right in with the current members.

Show was absolutely amazing. Surprising highlights for me were Don't cry and Knocking on heavens door. There were a couple of phenomenal Axl screams, can't remember on which songs, one was probably Knocking on heavens door, it went on forever and about 20 seconds after I had ran out of breath.

Great gig I went for the 'meet n greet' I got to say it's a bit of a con!!!

They meet you than drag you via the back and than you get a pic, however heard the night before didnt get shite sign and couldn't use a camera, us lot did so we were lucky!!

and than got front row however worth £120 I dont think so!!

Thin Lizzy were great have to admit the bass player looked like he was trying shag his guitar!!

GnR were great what would you expect got to say Axl sounded great however 14 years and YCBM off key!! but was in great mood!!

Front row for half the gig however some amercian bloke, tall in a grey shirt was being a right C yoU Next Tuesday! giving abuse to women and all sorts!!

And if you every say that crap to my sister again I will hunt you down!!!

Moving on great night and here are my pics on my FB

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151014878506019.484787.516806018&type=3

Show was absolutely amazing. Surprising highlights for me were Don't cry and Knocking on heavens door. There were a couple of phenomenal Axl screams, can't remember on which songs, one was probably Knocking on heavens door, it went on forever and about 20 seconds after I had ran out of breath.

Yes, Axl's vocal performance on Heavens Door was amazing. Even better the first night. (In fact I thought he was generally better the first night.)

Glad you had fun! Question: before this show did you think KOHD should have been removed from the setlist? And now do you believe that it is totally different experience in person (along with LALD)?

I'm not sure where I have ever said I was for the removal of Knocking on heavens door from the set list, yes these (all of the songs) are a totally different proposition in person, I've never been a YouTube critic, I know it's different when you're there.

I'm not sure where I have ever said I was for the removal of Knocking on heavens door from the set list, yes these (all of the songs) are a totally different proposition in person, I've never been a YouTube critic, I know it's different when you're there.

Sorry, i didn't mean that you specifically said that. But many people do say that so I was just asking your opinion about it now that you saw it live :)

I'm open minded about the show, I don't expect some songs to be awesome and some to suck. I suppose I didn't expect KOHD and Don't Cry to be highlights though, alot depends on the performance of each song on the night I suppose. I think some of the guitar work on this KOHD is excellent and also Axl sung it brilliantly. Don't Cry is good because Ron plays pretty much the whole song instrumentally before Axl comes in and it's played again, Ron's bit's like a teaser, plus it's easy to sing along to :)

Just a question: Did the band had some trouble with people throwing shit on stage?? because i read this in a website, but i didn't heard of this while the show was going on

Yes! I was at the front, and saw the glasses being thrown many times. It splashed on stage, in front of the stage, and it hit me and other people at the front 3 times I think. Even after Tommy yelled at them it didn't stop. I actually can't believe the band didn't leave... Impressive of them! :thumbsup: Fuck the drunk throwers!!

Just a question: Did the band had some trouble with people throwing shit on stage?? because i read this in a website, but i didn't heard of this while the show was going on

Yes! I was at the front, and saw the glasses being thrown many times. It splashed on stage, in front of the stage, and it hit me and other people at the front 3 times I think. Even after Tommy yelled at them it didn't stop. I actually can't believe the band didn't leave... Impressive of them! :thumbsup: Fuck the drunk throwers!!

Well, Axl was in such a good mood, doesn't surprise me.

Tommy was complaining about whichever stupid person thought it would be appropriate to throw a coin at Axl - great.

Not to mention when Axl said don't throw stuff for the safety of the people in front of them.

why was additional transport put on tonight but wasn't last night?

Not a clue - was a shambles. Were you waiting at Bus Stop C until stupid o'clock too? Absolutely worth it mind.

In all serious guys, who was throwing the 25 pence note?

"Or whatever the fuck that shits worth!"