London 1/06/12

gibbinson

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pah! :D Totally different from The Shortest Straw, Metal Militia, Ktulu, Disposable Heroes etc but has some class stuff in a different way, less riffs and more of the Het's voice is an interesting deviation, pity their next ones failed imo!

Great encore tonight, still expecting Catcher and Prostitute!

Done 7 shows on the UK tour and tonight's show was one of the longest with the Manchester show. I couldn't believe the amount of shit the band put up with, beer cups and coins on loads of occasions in the first half of the set.

I thought Axl would have said something, it was really take piss. Must have counted 10 cups. but some never hit the stage, but in the first couple of rows, coins as well, even after tommys rant.

needless to say not a very talkative Axl, but spoke enough and seemed in high spirits, but seem him better on this tour. Thought his voice was better yesterday, but he nailed Madagascar, probably the best performance Ive ever heard him sing of it.

Anyway, that was my 15th show, and i done the meet n greet and I met tommy before the show doing his busking thing and that was so cool and surreal.

I wouldn't pay to see the Black Album set.

i wouldnt either lol

I'd be so incredibly pissed if I paid for their absurdly overpriced tickets and had to sit through the Black Album.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Phew, back home. That felt like a marathon.

The time they came on was silly as usual, such a big gap between Lizzy and them, but it has been argued plenty before and everyone expects it, so there is no point moaning any more. But I just felt sorry for the people forced to drag themselves from their seats early, me and my dad had about almost two rows to ourself by the end of it.

It was still brilliant pretty much throughout. Personally, I thought they could have turned the volume down ever so slightly, and tried to focus on a crisper sound. It was so loud that there seemed to be a constant high frequency buzzing noise during the energetic parts of songs, which was really unbearable during RQ/Estranged, I had to leave to recover during Fortus's solo and most of Live and Let Die to let my head recover. It seemed to improve later on, or I just got used to it. From there on the performance got better and better though. Axl was very solid, there were no points when I felt he seemed particularly weak. The highlights for me were 14 Years, Don't Cry, KOHD, Nightrain, Civil War, Shacklers and PC. Great to see Izzy there. It was strange, he barely seemed like a guest, he slotted into the lineup seamlessly, playing in 5 of the songs. I'm not sure what DJ was thinking though, he decided to hop around Izzy in a circle for no apparent reason.

Oh, and Bumble looks amazing running across stage in the trench-coat. Glad to be Here sounded really good.

Great first time seeing them, I hope I'll get another chance, standing next time.

I'm not sure what DJ was thinking though, he decided to hop around Izzy in a circle for no apparent reason.

Oh, and Bumble looks amazing running across stage in the trench-coat. Glad to be Here sounded really good.

rofl-lol.gif@ DJ hopping around Izzy - it sounds like he was super excited! Ron's look is very, very cool - IMO, this look of his is his best so far.

It's great to hear that you had a lot of fun.