Why was CD released without a Parental Advisory sticker?

Cruel Intentions

many think bumble did over buckethead's guitar parts on several songs on the record. with a fretless guitar. like many think dj and bumble have or will erase robin's and buckethead's previous unreleased parts for a new chinese release. you can't do that. it's like a worker who does all the work only to be outsourced by someone from india. making all his hard work with the company for nothing. that's how it would feel if axl had chose for ron to mess with robin's stuff on the first chinese record. bumble shouldn't have messed with buckethead on the record. it's a mistake if axl does this for the next record with dj and bumble.

Okay. . . but none of that has to do with my thinking it's overrated.

that said, robin's til solo is special. it's original. how can you say otherwise?

Eh, it just lacks oomph, and I usually have a hard time remember what it sounds like.

it doesn't make sense to put down robin's work.

I didn't. I actually said I loved his Better solo. I like Robin and wish he was still in the band. But I still think TIL isn't all that great.

when robin's work is the record. axl doesn't think robin's overrated. like i said if he did....it would be bumble doing the solo and not robin. robin is the real deal. axl chose robin after slash left guns n roses

I never said Axl thought it was overrated. I said I did.

my copies come with the PA sticker. Then again maybe cos they are Europe and Asian imports

My box-set that came from the UK is the only one I've seen with a PA sticker.

And, don't know if anyone has said this, the box-set edition has the sticker on the box and the cd case :shrugs:

Edited by RickRoses

Robin's TIL solo is memorable for the high pitch notes that sound like he was making it up as he went yet none of it felt like a mistake.it is by far the most bluesy solo on the album. He may have topped it on an unreleased song.

Robin can mimic Stevie Ray Vaughan and I think Bumblefoot is more than capable of producing similar solos, as well as adding fretless work to the songs.

Being able to play the blues should be a requirement for all GN'R guitarists and so far, they have all been capable.

Robin's TIL solo is memorable for the high pitch notes that sound like he was making it up as he went yet none of it felt like a mistake.it is by far the most bluesy solo on the album. He may have topped it on an unreleased song.

Robin can mimic Stevie Ray Vaughan and I think Bumblefoot is more than capable of producing similar solos, as well as adding fretless work to the songs.

Being able to play the blues should be a requirement for all GN'R guitarists and so far, they have all been capable.

thanks for saying robin's TIL solo is memorable. you're one of the few internet or anywhere who think so. i'd love to hear if robin tops it on an unreleased song. why i say the next record shouldn't be from scratch with dj and bumble or with one of them or both erasing robin on the next record. i'd like the next record 2 continue robin's big solos if he has big solos on the next record

can you please give examples of robin playing solos like stevie ray vaughan? be intersting to hear them

dj ashba plays the blues all right. robin recorded it with a special magic. you can feel it on the record. robin elevates axl for the end verse after his solo on the song. i think robin should be given a fresh chance to do the blues again live. see how robin does the blues in 2012. you know?

many think bumble did over buckethead's guitar parts on several songs on the record. with a fretless guitar. like many think dj and bumble have or will erase robin's and buckethead's previous unreleased parts for a new chinese release. you can't do that. it's like a worker who does all the work only to be outsourced by someone from india. making all his hard work with the company for nothing. that's how it would feel if axl had chose for ron to mess with robin's stuff on the first chinese record. bumble shouldn't have messed with buckethead on the record. it's a mistake if axl does this for the next record with dj and bumble.

Okay. . . but none of that has to do with my thinking it's overrated.

that said, robin's til solo is special. it's original. how can you say otherwise?

Eh, it just lacks oomph, and I usually have a hard time remember what it sounds like.

it doesn't make sense to put down robin's work.

I didn't. I actually said I loved his Better solo. I like Robin and wish he was still in the band. But I still think TIL isn't all that great.

when robin's work is the record. axl doesn't think robin's overrated. like i said if he did....it would be bumble doing the solo and not robin. robin is the real deal. axl chose robin after slash left guns n roses

I never said Axl thought it was overrated. I said I did.

okay. you're right. axl hasn't publicly said robin's lead guitar work on the record is overrated. i trust axl doesn't think that.

that said, it's cool you love robin's better solo. robin sure did rock better on the one off at the recent tour this year? didn't he?

i think robin should be given a shot by axl 2 return with the band. even if it means keeping dj ashba. robin finck's still got it. the one off made me ask one thing "where's robin been?" it shock the world if robin returns 2 guns n roses

Edited by finck6

keep in mind it's not a science and there are politics involved as well. if there is only 1 fuck, 2 shits and a goddamn, you can get away with that. too many fucks is usually the thing you have to worry about.

I would never worry about that....

okay. you're right. axl hasn't publicly said robin's lead guitar work on the record is overrated. i trust axl doesn't think that.

that said, it's cool you love robin's better solo. robin sure did rock better on the one off at the recent tour this year? didn't he?

i think robin should be given a shot by axl 2 return with the band. even if it means keeping dj ashba. robin finck's still got it. the one off made me ask one thing "where's robin been?" it shock the world if robin returns 2 guns n roses

I don't think Axl thinks it's overrated, whether he's publicly spoken or not. :lol: I just don't care for it much.

I think Better's bluesier, actually. It has all the bends, that stylish descent, the bluesy accidentals... TIL just has the bends.

I don't think it's up to Axl; I think it's more up to Robin. Robin's the one who left, and Axl seemed really hurt by that.

The FCC controls language (and images in the case of television) during certain hours on broadcast television and terrestrial radio.

They have nothing to do with the sale of recorded music.

Furthermore, the "Parental Advisory" warning is a voluntary program created by the music industry.

With that said, why is it that you feel Chinese Democracy is deserving of that designation?

Very good info did not know that!

Parental Advisory system is COMPLETELY voluntary in the United States. Axl could have as many songs with the same level of profanity/vulgarity as "Silkworms," or even worse and would not have to put a Parental Advisory sticker on there if the record label did not require it. In many cases, albums are just given the sticker to make it seem more appealing to younger audiences.

Robin leaving is hurtful to the few fans who want new original music. Axl said he had some SRV solo that was really cool and hoping that is not left off the record or recordered over by DJ Ashba. I'd rather have Bumblefoot do it since he is the only remaining guitarist that is original. Finck and Bumble would have produced a beautiful guitar record.

I just remembered what TIL solo reminds me of. Brian May's solo for Bijou.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon

Robin leaving is hurtful to the few fans who want new original music. Axl said he had some SRV solo that was really cool and hoping that is not left off the record or recordered over by DJ Ashba. I'd rather have Bumblefoot do it since he is the only remaining guitarist that is original. Finck and Bumble would have produced a beautiful guitar record.

I just remembered what TIL solo reminds me of. Brian May's solo for Bijou.

hey. why did robin leave the band in 2008? i don't think axl has publicly said why. i know robin never has lol why did he leave?

keep in mind it's not a science and there are politics involved as well. if there is only 1 fuck, 2 shits and a goddamn, you can get away with that. too many fucks is usually the thing you have to worry about.

If he said Cunt once it would have the sticker on it in EVERY country , garenteed ! So I don't get the logic in your math ?

Have they lightened up on that? I haven't really noticed those things since I've been an adult. The last album I can remember having it was Nine Inch Nails With Teeth - I'm not even sure why, I think there might be one 'fuck' on there. I don't know, when I was a kid I'd remember all the dirty words but they just sail by me now. CD didn't strike me as terribly profane - maybe a shit and fuck here and there?

robin never left slash. TIL solo made public the genius of robin. axl better leave nu-chinese robin in the band. 2008 robin never never did reveal bumblefoot why.

no one knows why robin wasn't around the time chinese democracy dropped. axl never addressed it. robin wasn't interviewed on the subject