Axl and Kurt: More alike than they were different

Vincent Vega

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt interview -

-Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?

I can't think of a damn thing. I can't even waste my time on that band, because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented. I used to think that everything in the mainstrteam pop world was crap, but now that some underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as more of an offense. I have to look into it more: They're really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can't believe it.

are we really arguing about a 20 year old public feud between 2 former rock stars??? seriously??? why can't people just admit that both were good musicians? i would be really surprised is axl still had negative feelings about kurt.

yeah, axl's not the kind of guy who lingers and dwells on his animosity. he's demonstrated a real gift for being mature and transcending petty squabbles.

He has indeed. Just because he won't play nice with Satan Saul doesn't mean he can't move on.

look mayge Cobain had talent and maybe he didn't but I can't think of more than about six songs of Nirvana's that I like. That doesn't mean the guy wasn't a genius. I guess with art, talent is more subjective.

I thought the in utero album was terrible. now the unplugged album.....that shit is pretty good. I wish Slash would have been into it. Guns acoustic is awesome shit.

are we really arguing about a 20 year old public feud between 2 former rock stars??? seriously??? why can't people just admit that both were good musicians? i would be really surprised is axl still had negative feelings about kurt.

yeah, axl's not the kind of guy who lingers and dwells on his animosity. he's demonstrated a real gift for being mature and transcending petty squabbles.

He has indeed. Just because he won't play nice with Satan Saul doesn't mean he can't move on.

Even if that was true, you couldn't say the same for some people on this forum who resort to stuff like "Satan Saul"

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I dont wanna fold socks or watch paint dry or go OD!

Arnold Layne- love the PM you sent me-. :rofl-lol:

arnold layne

Today, 12:50 AM

Were your parents disappointed when they found out that their son was retarded?

Seems like a fair question.smiley-shades.gif

It doesn't seem completely unreasonable. :lol:

Even if that was true, you couldn't say the same for some people on this forum who resort to stuff like "Satan Saul"

Hey you guys want to take shots at Axl it goes both way. If you're going to dish it out then you should be able to take it. (not really singling you out WU)

Hey you guys want to take shots at Axl it goes both way. If you're going to dish it out then you should be able to take it. (not really singling you out WU)

I see your point, and there definately are ridiculous digs at Axl. Maybe its just me but I always think its a shame at forums when people resort to those insults because it just makes things worse in terms of discussion. Seeing things like "Plaxl", "Splash", and other various pet names people here create just reminds me of those petty high school arguments that me take a step back and shake my head at.

The riff of "Smells like Teen Spirit" was taken from "Godzilla" by The Blue Oyster Cult

I always thought Cobain said he took it from the chorus of More Than A Feeling. Or someone did. I thought it was a joke but you can totally hear it.

It was like when Steve Jones said he took the Pretty Vacant riff from some Abba song. My brain hurt.

The riff of "Smells like Teen Spirit" was taken from "Godzilla" by The Blue Oyster Cult

I always thought Cobain said he took it from the chorus of More Than A Feeling. Or someone did. I thought it was a joke but you can totally hear it.

It was like when Steve Jones said he took the Pretty Vacant riff from some Abba song. My brain hurt.

I thought the Boston song was the main influence as well :shrugs:

He did. He said the riff, not the chorus, was inspired by More Than A Feelin.

Boston had influence on Nirvana and GNR, but they're not in the Rock Hall, I remember Brad Delp had his Beatles tribute band that played bars, high schools, and fairs around New Hampshire and Mass... which would be like Axl Rose or Steve Perry playing some San Diego bar with a bunch of friends one night.

Unlike Jani Lane, who fucked up shows on stage, no one had any idea Brad Delp had some serious issues going on. And it's sad when they're young, because you wonder what else they would've put out, and when they're older but not old, they should be having the time of their lives and not thinking of ways out.

Let's just be thankful- Axl's here and Cobain is not.

The people who take care of you need to monitor your computer time a little bit better. Did they feed you yet today?

Armie- why are you so defensive of Cobain. Weren't you like 1 when he blew his head off? How's the Nirvana forum doing (I don't go there).

The people who take care of you need to monitor your computer time a little bit better. Did they feed you yet today?

Armie- why are you so defensive of Cobain. Weren't you like 1 when he blew his head off? How's the Nirvana forum doing (I don't go there).

hey u can like what u like no matter the age; my question would be why like cobain when Axl is clearly better? lol

hey u can like what u like no matter the age; my question would be why like cobain when Axl is clearly better? lol

Agree but the love affair that "guy" has with Cobain is wierd.

The outro of SCOM, verse to Back Off Bitch, main riff to CD is a rip off Smoke On The Water and/or Voodoo Child. Use To Lover Her is a rip off of Dead Flowers. What's your point? Every riff has an influence from an earlier riff or is an outright copy. It's not about inventing a new riff. That's impossible because they've all been written. It's about making new riffs sound unique and fresh when people hear them.

Edited by Nintari

Boston had influence on Nirvana and GNR, but they're not in the Rock Hall, I remember Brad Delp had his Beatles tribute band that played bars, high schools, and fairs around New Hampshire and Mass... which would be like Axl Rose or Steve Perry playing some San Diego bar with a bunch of friends one night.

Unlike Jani Lane, who fucked up shows on stage, no one had any idea Brad Delp had some serious issues going on. And it's sad when they're young, because you wonder what else they would've put out, and when they're older but not old, they should be having the time of their lives and not thinking of ways out.

i was very upset when brad delp died he will always be one of my all time fave singers. i remember hearing an interview brad did for a radio show up here in new hampshire not long before he died and he seemed in good spirits but most of the time when someone has issues going on they dont say anything

He's defensive!?... :rofl-lol: