What's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment?

TeeJay410

At the moment?

Two guys who were shot in to the stratosphere of wealth,fame,superstardom by rabid fans who embraced the bands' music,attitude and lifestyle..following the band religiously without fail through every fucking pitfall and peak of glory during the "classic" era.Aforementioned two guys snubbing those very same fans at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame for absolute fucking bullshit smokescreen pseudo-political rubbish reasons....well,one at least.One just didn't seem to be chuffed enough to get off the fucking couch and hop a plane.

If that era is so fucking behind you....why is it all still the epicentre of said band's current existence?

To be honest, in my opinion it was quite clear to me that the RNRHOF was just a platform skeemed up by the institution to get Axl to reunite with people he hasn't talked to in 20 something years and doesn't have any intention to. Axl was right with his "damned if I don't, damned if I do," mentality. If he showed up and didn't play, people would bitch. If he showed up, played with the old band, and didn't reunite with the old band people would bitch even more. Axl took the high road and just stayed out of it, same with Izzy.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest of Axl not attending the RNRHOF ceremony. Axl has made it quite clear that he has no intention to play with Slash, even going so far as to call him a "cancer." The only thing that would've made the mass media praise Axl was if he reunited on April 14, 2012. Anything less than that and he would be bashed.

Bull shit. Bull fucking shit. He played with fans' dicks for months. Called the induction "a huge honor", "a victory for the fans". Not to mention he played with Bruce and inducted Elton at the same place and ceremony years ago. His main sock puppet openly said they'd all be in attendance. He had two golden opportunities to shut it down completely and instead he left it pretty open ended.

Then three days before the ceremony, he comes out with this huge woe is me cry baby rant. I did not for one second believe in that whole "damned if I do, and damned if I don't" bullshit, and I don't see how anybody with any functioning brain cells would. EVERYBODY outside these boards would kill for a reunion over what's considered "GNR" today. That is never going to change. Ever. Had he, God willing, by some miracle even performed with Slash and Co that night, it would've been a temporary inflation to an already existent problem. And with tools like twitter, and facebook, everybody could have made it clear it would have been a one night only event. The least he could have done was been honest, and maybe even given fans a heads up even sooner.

Duff and co (specifically referring to the open letter Duff sent out around the same time as Axl's open leter) understood this what an appreciation for all the fans that put them into the high life they are in today. This isn't about obligations, this was about appreciation and thanks. Maturity. There was no reason he couldn't have shown that, and remember where he came from, and who got him this fame in the first place. The fans. Instead it got ruined because of an immature dick measuring contest that makes no sense.

Izzy just seemed liked he wanted to stay outta the limelight specifically because it had become sucha cluster fuck. The whole "I've waited until now to see what would have become of the rnrhof blah blah blah". Still; it was sad, but at least he wasn't a huge fucking prima donna about it. But Zint's perspective of that is spot on.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment?

Two guys who were shot in to the stratosphere of wealth,fame,superstardom by rabid fans who embraced the bands' music,attitude and lifestyle..following the band religiously without fail through every fucking pitfall and peak of glory during the "classic" era.Aforementioned two guys snubbing those very same fans at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame for absolute fucking bullshit smokescreen pseudo-political rubbish reasons....well,one at least.One just didn't seem to be chuffed enough to get off the fucking couch and hop a plane.

If that era is so fucking behind you....why is it all still the epicentre of said band's current existence?

To be honest, in my opinion it was quite clear to me that the RNRHOF was just a platform skeemed up by the institution to get Axl to reunite with people he hasn't talked to in 20 something years and doesn't have any intention to. Axl was right with his "damned if I don't, damned if I do," mentality. If he showed up and didn't play, people would bitch. If he showed up, played with the old band, and didn't reunite with the old band people would bitch even more. Axl took the high road and just stayed out of it, same with Izzy.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest of Axl not attending the RNRHOF ceremony. Axl has made it quite clear that he has no intention to play with Slash, even going so far as to call him a "cancer." The only thing that would've made the mass media praise Axl was if he reunited on April 14, 2012. Anything less than that and he would be bashed.

Bull shit. Bull fucking shit. He played with fans' dicks for months. Called the induction "a huge honor", "a victory for the fans". Not to mention he played with Bruce and inducted Elton at the same place and ceremony years ago. His main sock puppet openly said they'd all be in attendance. He had two golden opportunities to shut it down completely and instead he left it pretty open ended.

Then three days before the ceremony, he comes out with this huge woe is me cry baby rant. I did not for one second believe in that whole "damned if I do, and damned if I don't" bullshit, and I don't see how anybody with any functioning brain cells would. EVERYBODY outside these boards would kill for a reunion over what's considered "GNR" today. That is never going to change. Ever. Had he, God willing, by some miracle even performed with Slash and Co that night, it would've been a temporary inflation to an already existent problem. And with tools like twitter, and facebook, everybody could have made it clear it would have been a one night only event. The least he could have done was been honest, and maybe even given fans a heads up even sooner.

Duff and co (specifically referring to the open letter Duff sent out around the same time as Axl's open leter) understood this what an appreciation for all the fans that put them into the high life they are in today. This isn't about obligations, this was about appreciation and thanks. Maturity. There was no reason he couldn't have shown that, and remember where he came from, and who got him this fame in the first place. The fans. Instead it got ruined because of an immature dick measuring contest that makes no sense.

Izzy just seemed liked he wanted to stay outta the limelight specifically because it had become sucha cluster fuck. The whole "I've waited until now to see what would have become of the rnrhof blah blah blah". Still; it was sad, but at least he wasn't a huge fucking prima donna about it. But Zint's perspective of that is spot on.

Why do you care so much? Seriously? Who really gives a flying fuck??

The haters have so much sand in their pussies.

This forum sucks so fucking bad. Biggest bunch of cry babies I've ever seen lately.

QQ MOAR!!!! cupcake harder. I mean really smash the buttons on your keyboard with authority and wipe away the tears. Cuz really... Axl could give a hot fuck less

At the moment?

First of all, Axl never mentioned anything about him attending the RRHOF. And maybe the reason why he took so long to think about it was because he was thinking of going, who knows?

He clearly had his statement though-out.

And listen, if it's not clear enough to you yet thsy Axl doesn't want to play with Slash every again, than so be it. Yeah sure, Axl could have shown up, played for the fans, than went back with the current band. But you know what, that would only put more gasoline on the fire for a GN' R reunion.It's clear Axl doesn't want to reunite with Slash.

The whole RRHOF was, in my opinion, was just the intention of getting the old band back together. Notice after Axl and Izzy weren't going to show up, GN'R weren't the headliners? Notice how GN'R were inducted the first year they were eligible, when countless other bands were eligible for years but never made it? It was all a media ploy to me. They tried to back Axl into a corner but it didn't work.

no new music. one album in almost 20 years is just ridiculous, axl is lucky to still have fans, he's lucky to be part of afd actually, because it's the album that brings people to his shows.

hall of fame fiasco.

rock in rio fiasco.

losing talented musicians to yes-men.

At the moment?

Great post. You make some great points

Ohmygod....u are correct. There are "cupcakes" here for sure. My only point is why do u guys care so much? The best way to quiet a cupcake is to ignore them, not to add to the negativety.

Download.....you sound like a complete douche. Have you heard of htgth? It is a fan website, where people like you can go worship. This is a forum though, a place for people with different opinions can share their ideas. Calling people haters because they don't worship a band is idiotic.

Mostly the lack of communication, or at the very least, clear communication. We usually just get vague comments that say virtually nothing.

If Axl simply wants to tour and has no interest in new music at this time, it'd be nice to at least get some clear confirmation from him saying so.

Of course, I'd love new music but at the very least it'd be nice to know where Axl stands as far as a new album.

The constant touring is a nice chance from the off years, and we finally have a stable line-up. A new album is all that's missing. Hopefully Fortus is onto something.

At the moment?

Ohmygod....u are correct. There are "cupcakes" here for sure. My only point is why do u guys care so much? The best way to quiet a cupcake is to ignore them, not to add to the negativety.

Download.....you sound like a complete douche. Have you heard of htgth? It is a fan website, where people like you can go worship. This is a forum though, a place for people with different opinions can share their ideas. Calling people haters because they don't worship a band is idiotic.

Hahahahahahaha

Worship GnR?? No thanks

Complete Douche? Perhaps

The Rock N Roll of fame was such a setup and you're a moron and if you cant see that. Why would he show up for it? For the fans? Give me a break

Rock N roll hall of fame is not about or for the fans and to bash Axl over not attending is idiotic. There was never a chance he was going to attend.

But you proved my entire point. Theres a difference, there really is. If all you spew is negative..you are indeed a " hater" and if you say something about the haters and their obvious trolling..you are a " Worshiper" .. GnR fans are really that ignorant. I dont agree with everything Axl does, I rarely post because most threads are dumb and not worth it. This is nothing more than a trolling thread, but the RRHOF shit is old and to continue bashing Axl for not attending is just stupid. Get over it and see that there was a hell of a lot more going on.

Edited by Download

calling this a cupcake thread is just idiotic. fans are frustrated, why can't they talk about it? some people should look for other message boards if the can't accept negative opinions. this is a message board, not a fanatic cult.

@bruno: can you share your info to prove they are NOT yes-men? thanks.

Edited by maynard

At the moment?

Hahahahahahaha

Worship GnR?? No thanks

Complete Douche? Perhaps

The Rock N Roll of fame was such a setup and you're a moron and if you cant see that. Why would he show up for it? For the fans? Give me a break

Rock N roll hall of fame is not about or for the fans and to bash Axl over not attending is idiotic. There was never a chance he was going to attend.

But you proved my entire point. Theres a difference, there really is. If all you spew is negative..you are indeed a " hater" and if you say something about the haters and their obvious trolling..you are a " Worshiper" .. GnR fans are really that ignorant. I dont agree with everything Axl does, I rarely post because most threads are dumb and not worth it. This is nothing more than a trolling thread, but the RRHOF shit is old and to continue bashing Axl for not attending is just stupid. Get over it and see that there was a hell of a lot more going on.

So you yourself admit that you are ignorant? Wow, that was too easy.

Edited by Young_Gun

At the moment?

Hahahahahahaha

Worship GnR?? No thanks

Complete Douche? Perhaps

So you yourself admit that you are ignorant? Wow, that was too easy.

Sure

If everything I post is negative I would be a hater

If everything I post is positive and Axl never did anything wrong I would be a worshiper

I would say I fall somewhere inbetween.. The ignorant category

Wow, that was too easy

losing talented musicians to yes-men.

Wait I thought that the only reason that Robin, Buckethead, Brain, Josh Freese, etc. were in GnR was for the paycheck. At least that what a lot of people on the forums said

The guys currently in the band are talented musicians. Ron is an extremely talented and versatile guitarist. Richard is a perfect fit. Tommy is a proven veteran. DJ has written #1, #2 and #5 charting rock songs with 2 different bands on 3 different albums.

So to act like these guys are just "yes men" without talent is an insult to them, and not in touch with reality.

I never claimed anything, you did. So you have to prove your point.

lol, i just gave an opinion. you took it as a fact.

Alright. You could be right regarding the yes men thing, though I'm not sure about DJ and Frank, but at least Ron is not a yes man - and this isn't an opinion. :heart:

Edited by Bruno Poeys

I never claimed anything, you did. So you have to prove your point.

lol, i just gave an opinion. you took it as a fact.

Alright. You could be right regarding the yes men thing, though I'm not sure about DJ and Frank, but at least Ron is not a yes man - and this isn't an opinion. :heart:

i agree about ron, i think. you can see from his last statements he's getting tired of touring, specially being in pain. he would be the first to leave if things got ugly, probably.

I think everyone wants more music.

My biggest complaint outside of that is the incessant bitching of agenda driven Slashites and attention hungry cupcakes that I have to wade through in order to see legit discussion on the band.

PS. While it's a compelling argument that HTGTH is the site for fans, and this is actually intended to be the site for slandering the band, I'd politely suggest the go here: http://www.justrage.com/

As much as I respect HV and Subs and appreciate them stepping up and taking over the board, I need to say that allowing the cupcakes back really was a horrible idea.

I can hardly stand to even look at this section anymore because of all of the asinine threads that have been created over the last week or so.

I really hope that something will be done about that, because it's dragging this place down big time.

As much as I respect HV and Subs and appreciate them stepping up and taking over the board, I need to say that allowing the cupcakes back really was a horrible idea.

I can hardly stand to even look at this section anymore because of all of the asinine threads that have been created over the last week or so.

I really hope that something will be done about that, because it's dragging this place down big time.

i am happy some posters have comeback there are quite a few that have returned that are good posters and should have never been booted in the first place IMO but i agree some of these posters that have returned are cupcakes pure and simple

Edited by bran

I don't have to rationalize shit pal. I come on to the forum of my favorite band and don't piss and moan like some jaded heartbroken chick still upset about something that happened 20 years ago.

Greatest post of the day!

no it's not it's some guy saying he doesn't have to explain his point right after he asked another guy to do just that. Then spouting some lame cliched analogy.

In terms of gnr fan base on the one hand you have a group of people who are proud of gnr history and the guys who created it and are desperate for gnr to release some more songs and be as great as they should be. This group are desperate for new music and still hang out on the forums as its where you would expect to hear about info on new music the quickest.

Then you get a second group of fans who are happy with gnr not releasing music.

Amazingly the second group of fans then claim that the first group are not true fans.

Then the old line of "quit being a hater, they are awesome at interacting with fans and play for three hours. When was the last show you went to anyway. HATER!!"

Then the reasonable fan inevitably replies "2006/2010/2012)

Edited by spunko12345