What's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment?

TeeJay410

the fact that it's not really Guns N' Roses

...and DJ Ashba :tongue2:

Yet you still come to their fan forum? Awesome use of time bro. You must really be busy with your life.

Why wouldn't I? Axl Rose is my favorite singer of all time and I still enjoy his music quite a bit though I don't buy it as "Guns N' Roses", doesn't mean I'm not a fan... still don't understand how you guys rationalize this kind of shit, you get butthurt so easily by different opinions. Must be difficult having to convince yourself this band is still the same band that ruled the world in the early 90's, lol

and yeah I'm busy as hell lately, been working overtime for the past 3 weeks, I've barely had a chance to post lately

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last one I went to was at MSG in 2006 - I won't go again till he puts out new music - i refuse to support his constant cash grabs :thumbsup:

Would you prefer if he toured for profits less constantly?

he can do whatever he wants! I saw him twice for the CD tour in 2006 and another time back in Philly in 2002

but I won't go again till he puts something new out if thats OK with you :thumbsup:

Why encourage people to pick out hate? Were you at any of the shows on this tour?

What do you mean by this tour? The Euro one that is going on right this very minute? I was at 2 since CD came out back in 2008. Most recent being Hamilton November 2011. Funny how that excuse is always used...

I don't understand why you would spend your money to go to the shows and waste your time on a forum if that is your point of view towards Axl and GNR management.

And my point is what exactly? That I think it is time for new music? Not sure how that is negative. I'm a loyal fan. When's the last show YOU have been to? Or what exactly is YOUR point?

"Axl's tardiness", "Axl's voice"

"...Why do you want me to please those that laugh in my face..." - Postitute.

That might answer your 'lack of new music' question.

I never said anything about Axl's voice/tardiness. Nice try but not me...

You never answered when the last show you have been to.

You're right it wasn't you who said that.

My original post was meant for the guy who created the thread, asking him why is he encouraging others to pick out faults, why would a fan do that? and if you are not a fan why would you waste your time on a forum.

London x 3 - 2006

Bergan Norway, Manchester, Birmingham & London - 2010

Nottingham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Manchester & London x 2 - 2012

Notable mentions are that I caught Axl's mic, met the band multiple times including Axl Rose... twice. thumbsup.gif Who was kind enough to answer questions and sign stuff, so yeah I'd say I'm an active fan.

Edited by Axl_morris

Yet you still come to their fan forum? Awesome use of time bro. You must really be busy with your life.

Why wouldn't I? Axl Rose is my favorite singer of all time and I still enjoy his music quite a bit though I don't buy it as "Guns N' Roses", doesn't mean I'm not a fan... still don't understand how you guys rationalize this kind of shit, you get butthurt so easily by different opinions. Must be difficult having to convince yourself this band is still the same band that ruled the world in the early 90's, lol

and yeah I'm busy as hell lately, been working overtime for the past 3 weeks, I've barely had a chance to post lately

I don't have to rationalize shit pal. I come on to the forum of my favorite band and don't piss and moan like some jaded heartbroken chick still upset about something that happened 20 years ago.

my biggest complaint is that axl hasn't yet delivered a full-length cover of bruce willis hits from the '80s.

he could call it 'the bruno incident?'

(sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit...)

my biggest complaint would probably be the neverending cycle of sameness -- it's great to see axl out and about rather than disappearing forever, but my inner cynic knows that much of it is probably because he financially needs to (and didn't financially need to when he was gone for years on end). as cool as it is to go to gigs and see/hear him and the band play, TRUE hardcore fans of the current lineup - the people using these forums, the few actually following the band on its own merits rather than complaining that it's a 'glorified cover band' - aren't really being given anything fresh or something to back up their urge to perceive this as a legitimate band. a new album or even something as measly as a few new songs played live would be huge in the GN'R world, and give people more respect or recognition for the current bandmembers. it gets hard after a while to defend them when critics call them a cover band. :shrugs:

I don't have to rationalize shit pal. I come on to the forum of my favorite band and don't piss and moan like some jaded heartbroken chick still upset about something that happened 20 years ago.

ok tough guy, welcome to the "what's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment" thread

My original post was meant for the guy who created the thread, asking him why is he encouraging others to pick out faults, why would a fan do that? and if you are not a fan why would you waste your time on a forum.

All good man. These cupcake threads really got to go.

ok tough guy, welcome to the "what's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment" thread

Thank you for the welcome. Let me reiterate my initial answer.

People that waste their lives complaining on a fan forum.

xoxoxo

ohmygod!

For the love of god, stop it with the "at least I don't waste my life posting blah blah blah."

It takes 30 seconds to post here, then move about your day. To say people are wasting their lives complaining is not only untrue, but seeks to invalidate what they say simply because they dare say it. Shame.

Lastly, if you think Guns is a well oiled machine moving along swimmingly and on their way to great things, I'd like to find the wardrobe which you clearly entered to live in the skull t-shirt fantasy Narnia where Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose are respected worldwide.

I don't want to seem like I'm down on the band. I liked CD and am happy the band seems to be moving in some fashion (remember the dark ages of '03-'06?), but this band has a long way to go before they're respected, much less liked. They give us far more things to complain about than to be appreciative of, the responses in this thread are evidence of that.

And since when it isn't allowed to a fan of the old lineup to come here and pay hommage to the greatest rock band of all time?

There's a few, but the most important one's are lack of new music and lack of news on new music coming from Axl himself (and even than you still can't fully believe it.)

This band does seem to be moving forward, which is a good sign. Their a fantastic touring band, they have a fully updated website, they have a official photographer, a merchandise store. The only thing though that we don't get to hear about is new music. The only guy who has stated a "plan" for a release is Richard Fortus, and he's not going to be the one to decide when a album comes out or not. There's DJ who doesn't seem to shut the hell up about new music. But we haven't heard anything from Axl himself (unless you regard the "there will be new album in 2012" post.)

Rock N' Rio 2011 was the perfect plan to debut new material. There were millions of people watching on Youtube, plus thousands at the show live. It was Axl's biggest audience since the last Rio show. But, unfortunately Axl wasn't rehearsed, the rain played a big part, and it was sad to watch. Than there was the UCAP tour, no new music. Now, their touring Europe again with no new music.

Basically I just want to see this band be as big and famous as possible. I want to see them succeed to the greatest heights. But, unfortunately it doesn't seem they will anytime soon. It's unfortunate, but I can't see Bumblefoot staying around for too long if there's no new music. Same goes for DJ, he seems to want to record, but I never hear anything from him about actually recording anything. I highly doubt these guys would rather play old songs written by other musicians that aren't in the band anymore than play their own music.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

And since when it isn't allowed to a fan of the old lineup to come here and pay hommage to the greatest rock band of all time?

guns n roses became the greatest rock band of all time with axl rose, slash, duff, gilby, dizzy, and matt sorum in 1992

guns n roses became the greatest rock band of all time with axl rose, slash, duff, gilby, dizzy, and matt sorum in 1992

So... let's ban all the guys here who still live in '92?

So... let's ban all the guys here who still live in '92?

you admit dj's and bumble's guns n roses have a long long way 2 go

There's a reason no one has made a thread recently titles "what are some of the things that you really appreciate and admire about guns?"; because there's little to reason to appreciate and admire what they do. They tour. Play a set list that hasn't changed substantially since 2001. They don't put out music. They hardly ever reach out to fans.

The best you can say about guns lately is that they tour.

There's a reason no one has made a thread recently titles "what are some of the things that you really appreciate and admire about guns?"; because there's little to reason to appreciate and admire what they do. They tour. Play a set list that hasn't changed substantially since 2001. They don't put out music. They hardly ever reach out to fans.

The best you can say about guns lately is that they tour.

this. amen

Guest Sweet Tooth

The lack of new music is what gets me too, once they get that ball rolling it'll only bring in a wave of awesomeness along with it. I don't like how unsure the bandmembers are about anything going on aside from "We'll be in America soon, then probably Asia, going back to Europe this summer". I unno man, this band is something else be it good and/or bad.

Lack of new music and Axl holding everyone back (including himself) by playing the safe card and not getting in a studio - playing the same fucking songs everyday is boring to everyone in the band, I suppose, the die hard fans, and that sucks so much. The fans that care about the band. The fans that will buy live streams. The fans that will watch their YouTube vids and spread them like wild fire when some amazing songs are performed (Civil War, Estranged, TWAT, etc). The fans that are here to talk about the band, the fans that truly support the band. The fans that followed them through the several dark past years while most of the crowd watching their shows is there for the hits. I don't think they deserve more than the fans in the VIP area that scream "TWAT", "Catcher" or "Coma". They want - and deserve imo - new material being played, Chinese (the favorites like Prostitute, Catcher and TWAT, not SOD, Maddy or CD) songs being played.

Guns released an album 4 years ago, but a few sources close to them mentioned how Axl would have released a trilogy by 2012, and Axl himself never denied that, so fans expected it to happen. Later Axl himself mentioned that he could release a new album shortly after Chinese was released - never happened - and that he viewed CD as a double album, but here we are and nothing happened. Not to mention the Better vid and phenomenal promotion that would follow the Chinese release... I mean, plans that never happened, the same tour going on for 3 years (not to mention that the CD tour started 10 years ago) and basically the same setlist with the addition of a few songs. The lack of communication with the fans - they're fans, not enemies. Doesn't matter if some will take everything out of context, the real fans deserve more than Axl's (or management's) silence. We want a live DVD. Maybe a live CD. Nobody owes us anything, but fans that follow some other bands are rewarded with new material (DVDs, CDs, Proshots, etc) eventually and even on a constant basis.

If they care about the fans, so show us how and give us what we want. I know that Ron would give us much more than we already have, so would Ashba. Probably Rich, Dizzy, Tommy, Frank, etc. What the fuck is Axl waiting? Prove us that you care. Do something. Do anything. The tours are great but only to those that can catch them. The biggest part of the fanbase is left on the dark complaining about the setlist. More proshot shows, soundboard recordings, fuck, give us anything. ANYTHING.

I think the biggest complaint really is the fans. Im sure most other bands fan pop has its fucktard base, but GnR fans really are a bunch of douchebags. Just stand in line at a show for proof. You have just a few types. The know it alls, the old lineup fans and the new fans. Mix them together and it getsl giggleworthy. most of the fanbase actually support msl and he's the biggest douchebag of them all.

That's every band's fan base. Hell, that's any fandom.

WAHHHHH WAHHHHH WAHHHHHHH

Seriously you guys come on this board and complain about the band, but when people call you guys out on it, you cry and get all butt hurt.

So nobody is allowed to ever share a criticism or complaint?

My complaint is that they are doing to much for unappreciative fans. I complain about how great they gel together as band and I complain about they put on a 3 show when every other touring band will play 2 hours.

I complain at how great each member is with their interaction with there fans.