What's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment?

TeeJay410

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably say the lack of music. Axl said before CD was even finished that they were working on songs for a second and third album - where are those?

LOL the lack of unreleased chinese democracy material on itunes, played live at guns n roses concerts, and available on CD and LP for purchase in Walmart and Target

Not just the lack of new music, but the lack of any firm stance on when/if there is going to be new music. Is a new album a sure thing at some point? Will that point be in the relatively near future? Any particular reason why they can't release one song in some way just to assure fans that new music exists and they're willing to release it eventually? All we know is that there's supposedly two more albums worth of material in existence. Is it finished? Or is it even good enough to release? And we get these vague "we've done some recording" or "heading into the studio soon" or "I've written some songs" from various band members which really tell us nothing. Recording could be for the hell of it because they have nothing else going on. It might not even be for GNR. It might be laying down unnecessary additions to existing songs because they have nothing else to do or because maybe if they add enough shit to it Axl will think it's ready to be released....same idea as going into the studio soon. For what purpose, exactly?....I don't care if it takes another two years to happen, just give us a straight answer on whether or not new music from GNR is something that's in the works, something that's being worked on, something that they plan to make happen...all we get is "we record sometimes, we'll see, not worried on that right now"...I'm all Chinese Democracy'd out...if that's it, just let me know so I can stop following the band until they're playing in my area again...

My biggest complain is that the band can't just write songs, record them and release them, everything has to be this difficult, big deal. It's just music. Make it and let us enjoy it.

Edited by Modano09

The lack of Slash, Duff, and Izzy, of course. And Axl's voice, of course.

They should return to the origins, just playing at violent pubs, and doing one Ritz a year. And Axl should reincorporate the "biker fag" character one more time.

The lousy fan base. The band is doing great.

Doing great... How? I understand that they're touring and playing 3 hour shows, but nothing about how they operate bugs you?

Everything is relative. There are many things that are not optimal (no clear plan from Axl conveyed to fans, late show starts, too predictable sets, etc), but there are so much (unexpected) positives, like great touring, talk about making a new record, consistently good shows, no cancellations, lots of intervieews, fantastic band photos, new merch, tour book, etc, that I consider things great.

The lousy fan base. The band is doing great.

Doing great... How? I understand that they're touring and playing 3 hour shows, but nothing about how they operate bugs you?

Everything is relative. There are many things that are not optimal (no clear plan from Axl conveyed to fans, late show starts, too predictable sets, etc), but there are so much (unexpected) positives, like great touring, talk about making a new record, consistently good shows, no cancellations, lots of intervieews, fantastic band photos, new merch, tour book, etc, that I consider things great.

The thing is, all those things you listed shouldn't have to be counted as major positives, they should just be happening anyway. Bands should give interviews ontours, they shouldn't be canceling shows, they always should have new merch for tours (though the gnr merch is god awful in my opinion, mark that under complaints for me), band photos should be a given. Right now the best that can be said about guns is that they are finally starting to tour like every other band is expected too. But even with that there are the late starts, the fans being kicked out rumors (yes, just rumors, but really these shouldn't even be happening), no clear plan or point, the negatives seem to outweigh the positives.

I suppose my main complaint is that they can't function like a fucking rock band. It's Elton John levels of drama for a group that doesn't have near the same sort of draw.

Lots of interviews? Talk of making a new record? Not from the only mouth that matters. This has been happening since the new band started.

Oh? Can you point me to lots of interviews with Tobias, Bucket and Robin? And even if it were a fact that the band memers have been doing lots of interviews since 2001 it still wouldn't make it less great.

Fantastic band photos? I've seen one full band photo not playing on stage since the new band started.... and they were at a show.

I wasn't talking about full band photos. Check out Kat's pictures from the ongoing tour, the fan base have never before had access to photos of such quality.

The thing is, all those things you listed shouldn't have to be counted as major positives, they should just be happening anyway.

When I judge GN'R I don't compare them to "normal bands", because GN'R hasn't been a normal band ever and I stopped expecting them to be a functional band doing normal things way back in the early 90s. When I judge GN'R I compare them to...GN'R. I compare them to their history, I judge today up against yesterday. And the fact that the band now actually starts to work as a normal band, doing normal things that you take for granted when you look at a young, normal band, is nothing less than great. If you honestly expect GN'R to not only function as a normal band, but also surpass that to be content, then I am afraid you are up for many disappointments in the future.

Why encourage people to pick out hate? Were you at any of the shows on this tour?

What do you mean by this tour? The Euro one that is going on right this very minute? I was at 2 since CD came out back in 2008. Most recent being Hamilton November 2011. Funny how that excuse is always used...