What's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment?

TeeJay410

Lack of new music and Axl holding everyone back (including himself) by playing the safe card and not getting in a studio - playing the same fucking songs everyday is boring to everyone in the band, I suppose, the die hard fans, and that sucks so much. The fans that care about the band. The fans that will buy live streams. The fans that will watch their YouTube vids and spread them like wild fire when some amazing songs are performed (Civil War, Estranged, TWAT, etc). The fans that are here to talk about the band, the fans that truly support the band. The fans that followed them through the several dark past years while most of the crowd watching their shows is there for the hits. I don't think they deserve more than the fans in the VIP area that scream "TWAT", "Catcher" or "Coma". They want - and deserve imo - new material being played, Chinese (the favorites like Prostitute, Catcher and TWAT, not SOD, Maddy or CD) songs being played.

Guns released an album 4 years ago, but a few sources close to them mentioned how Axl would have released a trilogy by 2012, and Axl himself never denied that, so fans expected it to happen. Later Axl himself mentioned that he could release a new album shortly after Chinese was released - never happened - and that he viewed CD as a double album, but here we are and nothing happened. Not to mention the Better vid and phenomenal promotion that would follow the Chinese release... I mean, plans that never happened, the same tour going on for 3 years (not to mention that the CD tour started 10 years ago) and basically the same setlist with the addition of a few songs. The lack of communication with the fans - they're fans, not enemies. Doesn't matter if some will take everything out of context, the real fans deserve more than Axl's (or management's) silence. We want a live DVD. Maybe a live CD. Nobody owes us anything, but fans that follow some other bands are rewarded with new material (DVDs, CDs, Proshots, etc) eventually and even on a constant basis.

If they care about the fans, so show us how and give us what we want. I know that Ron would give us much more than we already have, so would Ashba. Probably Rich, Dizzy, Tommy, Frank, etc. What the fuck is Axl waiting? Prove us that you care. Do something. Do anything. The tours are great but only to those that can catch them. The biggest part of the fanbase is left on the dark complaining about the setlist. More proshot shows, soundboard recordings, fuck, give us anything. ANYTHING.

Agree

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my biggest complaint is that axl hasn't yet delivered a full-length cover of bruce willis hits from the '80s.

he could call it 'the bruno incident?'

(sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit...)

my biggest complaint would probably be the neverending cycle of sameness -- it's great to see axl out and about rather than disappearing forever, but my inner cynic knows that much of it is probably because he financially needs to (and didn't financially need to when he was gone for years on end). as cool as it is to go to gigs and see/hear him and the band play, TRUE hardcore fans of the current lineup - the people using these forums, the few actually following the band on its own merits rather than complaining that it's a 'glorified cover band' - aren't really being given anything fresh or something to back up their urge to perceive this as a legitimate band. a new album or even something as measly as a few new songs played live would be huge in the GN'R world, and give people more respect or recognition for the current bandmembers. it gets hard after a while to defend them when critics call them a cover band. :shrugs:

and this is the best post

People that waste their lives complaining on a fan forum.

ohmygod

I have a feeling that you don't understand what is a "fan".

There is a difference between a fan and asskissing.

If all the forumers asskissing and not complaining, the reason for the forum existence is loss, imo

Especially in the GNR world.

You know what? You n.u.t.s.w.i.n.g.e.r.s defend Axl Rose for life, which is pretty nice, but still worse than the constant bashing and trolling here

If you don't have anything to complain this band, ok. But please don't come to the complain threads and problem solved.

My complaint is that they are doing to much for unappreciative fans

Maybe you're right. If Axl puke on your fucking face when you meet him, you still kiss his big hairy ass, so if we followed your logic, you're right.

Edited by Crash Diet

My complaint is that they are doing to much for unappreciative fans. I complain about how great they gel together as band and I complain about they put on a 3 show when every other touring band will play 2 hours.

I complain at how great each member is with their interaction with there fans.

Yeah you showed them! :rolleyes:

WAHHHHH WAHHHHH WAHHHHHHH

Seriously you guys come on this board and complain about the band, but when people call you guys out on it, you cry and get all butt hurt.

So nobody is allowed to ever share a criticism or complaint?

Dude, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And I could care less honestly. It just seems like lately this place has been overrun by negativity... It seems like every other thread is some bullshit attempt to clown on Axl or the band... IDK what it is... Has the forum allowed banned members to come back, or are the people from other forums just coming here to cupcake? IDK, but i've been around here since 03 and this is getting ridiculous...

But to be honest, it's actually a good sign in a away. Things are going so well in GNR land that the cupcakes are now digging to find something wrong.

But again, an honest complaint, I have no problem over what so ever... Seriously.

But i really question the sincerity of most of these threads/posts... They mostly just seem like lame digs at the band.

Seriously you guys come on this board and complain about the band, but when people call you guys out on it, you cry and get all butt hurt.

Dude, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And I could care less honestly. It just seems like lately this place has been overrun by negativity... It seems like every other thread is some bullshit attempt to clown on Axl or the band... IDK what it is... Has the forum allowed banned members to come back, or are the people from other forums just coming here to cupcake? IDK, but i've been around here since 03 and this is getting ridiculous...

But to be honest, it's actually a good sign in a away. Things are going so well in GNR land that the cupcakes are now digging to find something wrong.

But again, an honest complaint, I have no problem over what so ever... Seriously.

But i really question the sincerity of most of these threads/posts... They mostly just seem like lame digs at the band.

Wah Wah what?!?! Digging to find something wrong?! You don't have to dig hard to find that every set list is more or less the same, the band goes on stage up to 2 hours late, and to find that they don't put out new music. Bull shit people have to dig. No complaints? You're saying you're fine with them not putting out music? Poppycock sir, absolute poppycock.

Lack of new music and Axl holding everyone back (including himself) by playing the safe card and not getting in a studio - playing the same fucking songs everyday is boring to everyone in the band, I suppose, the die hard fans, and that sucks so much. The fans that care about the band. The fans that will buy live streams. The fans that will watch their YouTube vids and spread them like wild fire when some amazing songs are performed (Civil War, Estranged, TWAT, etc). The fans that are here to talk about the band, the fans that truly support the band. The fans that followed them through the several dark past years while most of the crowd watching their shows is there for the hits. I don't think they deserve more than the fans in the VIP area that scream "TWAT", "Catcher" or "Coma". They want - and deserve imo - new material being played, Chinese (the favorites like Prostitute, Catcher and TWAT, not SOD, Maddy or CD) songs being played.

Guns released an album 4 years ago, but a few sources close to them mentioned how Axl would have released a trilogy by 2012, and Axl himself never denied that, so fans expected it to happen. Later Axl himself mentioned that he could release a new album shortly after Chinese was released - never happened - and that he viewed CD as a double album, but here we are and nothing happened. Not to mention the Better vid and phenomenal promotion that would follow the Chinese release... I mean, plans that never happened, the same tour going on for 3 years (not to mention that the CD tour started 10 years ago) and basically the same setlist with the addition of a few songs. The lack of communication with the fans - they're fans, not enemies. Doesn't matter if some will take everything out of context, the real fans deserve more than Axl's (or management's) silence. We want a live DVD. Maybe a live CD. Nobody owes us anything, but fans that follow some other bands are rewarded with new material (DVDs, CDs, Proshots, etc) eventually and even on a constant basis.

If they care about the fans, so show us how and give us what we want. I know that Ron would give us much more than we already have, so would Ashba. Probably Rich, Dizzy, Tommy, Frank, etc. What the fuck is Axl waiting? Prove us that you care. Do something. Do anything. The tours are great but only to those that can catch them. The biggest part of the fanbase is left on the dark complaining about the setlist. More proshot shows, soundboard recordings, fuck, give us anything. ANYTHING.

Post of the Year.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Don't think I could narrow it down to one. I suppose an overall lack of progress since the comeback is the summation of my complaints but that doesn't factor in inability to keep a steady line-up, lack of fan interaction/publicity stuff, all the negativity and immaturity Axl displays, etc etc etc.

Sort of what I think. It's a combination of things that the op mentioned, and what you've said.

Sure it's a positive that he's touring, in so far that, at the very least we know he's still alive. There were years when we quite honestly wouldn't know. As for new music, that would be cool, but my hope is that it's nothing like CD, as I didn't like the album for the most part. More of that would be disappointing to me. Listening to guys like Richard and DJ doesn't excite me, nor people who were around in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 when instead of those 2 making these comments, it was Dizzy and Tommy saying the same things. It's a 'been there done that' feeling. I don't need a lecture from people who weren't here and have no freakin idea what that time was like.

If some people are tickled pink with how things are now, good for them. I have no idea why they would care that not everyone shares their same views. What is it, insecuriy? Lack of confidence? A need to feel validated? I have no clue. I don't care whatsoever if people agree with my opinions or not, I don't sit here like a wanna be psychologist trying to figure them out. WTF. They waste more time with questioning others fandom instead of concentrating on their own opinions or others who agree with them.

For the first time in history, I agree with you completely.

A large portion of us that get labeled bitter haters stuck in 1988 are actually HUGE Axl Rose and GnR fans, and we really would just love to get new music from our favorite singer.

You say you don't care what other fans think..........but guys like you and Axl seem to bash anybody that isn't worshipping Axl. I don't get why you guys get so offended at people with a different opinion? Why do you care if some random guy in Oklahoma doesn't like CD or doesn't like the route Axl is taking with the band? You say you don't care - but you guys insult anybody who you disagree with. Why do you care?

Calm down. thumbsup.gif

Okay, you ask for pro-shot? o2 show will be available at the end of the tour. We've also has 3 other pro shots in recent months. Gun's have a new website, still in it's infancy, but it's being updated regularly with photo's from the shows. Axl brought back fan favourite songs, and he's playing a longer show than he did in 06. If you are lucky, you might even meet Axl after a show then you can ask him anything you want. Put it this way, Axl obviously paid out big money to fly izzy over for the london shows. This wasn't advertised, so it wasn't a selling point. It was for the fans.

I appreciate your frustration, but you got to admit, they have done a lot more in the last year, than they have ever done.

A large portion of us that get labeled bitter haters stuck in 1988 are actually HUGE Axl Rose and GnR fans, and we really would just love to get new music from our favorite singer.

You say you don't care what other fans think..........but guys like you and Axl seem to bash anybody that isn't worshipping Axl. I don't get why you guys get so offended at people with a different opinion? Why do you care if some random guy in Oklahoma doesn't like CD or doesn't like the route Axl is taking with the band? You say you don't care - but you guys insult anybody who you disagree with. Why do you care?

I don't give a shit what anybody thinks, frankly. But what I do care about is people coming on to a fan forum and just hating for the sake of hating. Can you honestly tell me you believe that a majority of these threads/posts are people who are legitimately concerned about the direction of the band, or are they people just trolling for the fuck of it.

Like I said, if someone was unhappy about the band, it wouldn't effect me to the least. In fact, i would probably discuss the merits of their concerns and see where they are coming from. But in my eyes that aint happening here at all. Over the last few months or so all I see is the same people saying the same bullshit over and over again. Just take a look at must of the threads on the first two pages... Can you honestly tell me you believe those are legit, or just trolling?

At the moment?

Two guys who were shot in to the stratosphere of wealth,fame,superstardom by rabid fans who embraced the bands' music,attitude and lifestyle..following the band religiously without fail through every fucking pitfall and peak of glory during the "classic" era.Aforementioned two guys snubbing those very same fans at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame for absolute fucking bullshit smokescreen pseudo-political rubbish reasons....well,one at least.One just didn't seem to be chuffed enough to get off the fucking couch and hop a plane.

If that era is so fucking behind you....why is it all still the epicentre of said band's current existence?

I don't give a shit what anybody thinks, frankly. But what I do care about is people coming on to a fan forum and just hating for the sake of hating. Can you honestly tell me you believe that a majority of these threads/posts are people who are legitimately concerned about the direction of the band, or are they people just trolling for the fuck of it.

Like I said, if someone was unhappy about the band, it wouldn't effect me to the least. In fact, i would probably discuss the merits of their concerns and see where they are coming from. But in my eyes that aint happening here at all. Over the last few months or so all I see is the same people saying the same bullshit over and over again. Just take a look at must of the threads on the first two pages... Can you honestly tell me you believe those are legit, or just trolling?

It's because banned members being allowed to return.

At the moment?

Two guys who were shot in to the stratosphere of wealth,fame,superstardom by rabid fans who embraced the bands' music,attitude and lifestyle..following the band religiously without fail through every fucking pitfall and peak of glory during the "classic" era.Aforementioned two guys snubbing those very same fans at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame for absolute fucking bullshit smokescreen pseudo-political rubbish reasons....well,one at least.One just didn't seem to be chuffed enough to get off the fucking couch and hop a plane.

If that era is so fucking behind you....why is it all still the epicentre of said band's current existence?

To be honest, in my opinion it was quite clear to me that the RNRHOF was just a platform skeemed up by the institution to get Axl to reunite with people he hasn't talked to in 20 something years and doesn't have any intention to. Axl was right with his "damned if I don't, damned if I do," mentality. If he showed up and didn't play, people would bitch. If he showed up, played with the old band, and didn't reunite with the old band people would bitch even more. Axl took the high road and just stayed out of it, same with Izzy.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest of Axl not attending the RNRHOF ceremony. Axl has made it quite clear that he has no intention to play with Slash, even going so far as to call him a "cancer." The only thing that would've made the mass media praise Axl was if he reunited on April 14, 2012. Anything less than that and he would be bashed.

Probably that we know there's another entire album of songs that's been largely complete since 2007, an album that contains multiple songs that people in the band and who worked on or heard the album said were their favorites out of the whole CD era batch, yet we still haven't heard it

Though I think that after most of CD leaked years before its release and a lot of the hype had fizzled before it came out, they will try to keep any new release under wraps until a month or so before its release. For all we know the new album could be done, artwork completed, etc. and ready to roll out this fall.

Calm down. thumbsup.gif

I am calm. :)

Okay, you ask for pro-shot? o2 show will be available at the end of the tour. We've also has 3 other pro shots in recent months. Gun's have a new website, still in it's infancy, but it's being updated regularly with photo's from the shows. Axl brought back fan favourite songs, and he's playing a longer show than he did in 06. If you are lucky, you might even meet Axl after a show then you can ask him anything you want. Put it this way, Axl obviously paid out big money to fly izzy over for the london shows. This wasn't advertised, so it wasn't a selling point. It was for the fans.

I appreciate your frustration, but you got to admit, they have done a lot more in the last year, than they have ever done.

Yes, I agree with you completely. But I was only posting what I (and most fans, I suppose) would like to get. I already posted that I'm glad we got a new management that gave us more than new Guns ever had to offer, but things like the planned albums and the lack of communication are often brought on topic because fans felt disappointed when none of Axl's plans happened. I was only thinking out loud and I think we deserve. It's up to Axl, it's his band after all and we choose to follow him or not. I'd complain about the late starts but the recent shows weren't late/that late.

For those agreeing with me, a big thank you for the support :rofl-lol: I'm kidding, I know we're on the same boat. :confused: