What's your biggest complaint about guns at the moment?

TeeJay410

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why encourage people to pick out hate? Were you at any of the shows on this tour?

What do you mean by this tour? The Euro one that is going on right this very minute? I was at 2 since CD came out back in 2008. Most recent being Hamilton November 2011. Funny how that excuse is always used...

I don't understand why you would spend your money to go to the shows and waste your time on a forum if that is your point of view towards Axl and GNR management.

The thing is, all those things you listed shouldn't have to be counted as major positives, they should just be happening anyway.

When I judge GN'R I don't compare them to "normal bands", because GN'R hasn't been a normal band ever and I stopped expecting them to be a functional band doing normal things way back in the early 90s. When I judge GN'R I compare them to...GN'R. I compare them to their history, I judge today up against yesterday. And the fact that the band now actually starts to work as a normal band, doing normal things that you take for granted when you look at a young, normal band, is nothing less than great. If you honestly expect GN'R to not only function as a normal band, but also surpass that to be content, then I am afraid you are up for many disappointments in the future.

My point is, that expectations shouldn't be lowered just because it is guns n roses. It shouldn't have to be this way.

My point is, that expectations shouldn't be lowered just because it is guns n roses. It shouldn't have to be this way.

Isn't that a facet of life, then? That we always try to judge something by what it potentially can achieve, and not by what something different achieves? Again, I stopped expecting GN'R to be like a normal band more than 20 years ago. It wasn't a deliberate decision from my side, GN'R trained me to not have high expectations. But it has served me well. And when I compare GN'R of today with GN'R of 2007, 2005, 2002, 1999, and so on, I end up with concluding that the band is doing great.

If I were, on the other hand, to compare GN'R with other bands, I'd say they are doing okay. They are touring the world, pleasing thousands of fan every night, doing interviews, talking about a new record, releasing awesome photos, etc. It's good.

Why encourage people to pick out hate? Were you at any of the shows on this tour?

Yes, I was at a show on this tour. I've seen the band three times since Axl re-invented GnR.

I don't think this question was based out of "hate." HTGTH is a band fansite. A place for people to go to worship the band. Mygnr is a forum! A forum is a place for people to chat about the band - the pros and the cons. A forum isn't a place for blind worship. So we accept GnR as a band, and we talk about the good and the bad.

Soulmonster makes a good point about a portion of the fanbase. I agree with him. It does get annoying to see the same people in every topic bashing posters who aren't worshipping Axl or who aren't 100% positive about the current band. Those fans that are so negative that they cannot have a civil discussion with someobdy who has a different opinion than they do really bring the forum down. You really wish those people with stop with the constant negativity, stop with the constant insults, stop thinking they are the forum police and topic dictators and that they would just post their views on GnR and be open to discussion with not just those that agree with them, but also with those who have a different opinion!!!! THe Axl worshippers bring just as much negativity to the board as the "haters" do.

As for the actual topic.

Lack of music is clearly my biggest complaint.

I first saw Axl's version of the new GnR back in 2002. At that Seattle show (the opening day featured a riot because Axl didn't show) we heard four CD songs. CD, Blues, Madagascar and Rhiad. Ten years later, Axl and company have put out one album. And there is no new album in the near future.

Most bands seem to want to release music to their fans. It sucks that Axl isn't of that mindset.

Late concert times suck - but people choose to go to the concerts. So I know in advance what is going to happen, and I make a choice to go or not. So while it is a lame way to treat fans, we are all attending the shows by choice, so I can't complain about that too much. I'd rather wait an extra hour and get a 3-hour show, than have a band come on time and play for 90 minutes.

Merchandise, band pictures, the third guitarist doing an interview......none of those things matter to me in the least bit. No offense to anybody of any age, but those things stop being important at a certain stage of life. When I go to a concert now I might buy my teenage son a t-shirt. But I'm 40 years old, I could not care less if GnR has a new poster or picture or bandana for sale. To be honest, if I ever find myself getting excited over pictures of a rock band - that is the day I step away from the computer, put down all electronics, and go spend a month at my cabin.

Axl is still one of the greatest rock singers alive.

CD was an amazing album. One of my 10 favorite albums of all time.

My only real complaint is that I chose a favorite singer that doesn't like to release music anymore. And it sucks because I have no doubt that he could release an album every three years of quality music. I have no doubt that Axl over the last 12 years, Axl could have released the trilogy of CD songs, plus release an album this year created by the current band.....and all four of those albums would be chocked full of great songs!!!!!

Think of other major bands that love the process of writing, recording and releasing music for their fans to enjoy! Bands that even get creative. Let's try something different. Let's do an acoustic album. Let's record an album with Lou Reed. Let's change our sound and try something different for this next album. Let's lock ourselves in the studio for a month and release whatever we come up with.

As opposed to...........a guy who supposively has a library full of hundreds of "bits and pieces" of songs, that get built up one note at a time, that might sit for a decade or get reworked 50 times as Axl searches for that one perfect note.

How amazing would it be for you - the fan - if Axl came out and said that he was spending the next couple of years away from touring and all the legal crap and was going to concentrate on his creative side musically. And what we would get in the next 2 years was:

Christmas 2012 ----- best 16 remaining songs from CD sessions

Summer of 2013 ---- double album. One album is acoustic - half new songs, half acoustic versions of classics. Second album is the remix/techno album. Full of songs like Shacklers and the remix songs.

Summer of 2014------new album by the current band. All 16 songs are new songs from the current group.

2014 ..... band tours again to support the new album.

That would be amazing.

But instead, we are discussing if the next album will be released in the next 2-3 years and will it feature songs that are 15 years old or not. I think most artists look at writing and creating new music as fun, but Axl seems to look at it as hard tedious work that requires years and years of tinkering.

I apologize to those who are offended by my post. I'm just a huge die-hard fan of Axl Rose the singer, and would love to hear more songs by him.

Isn't that a facet of life, then? That we always try to judge something by what it potentially can achieve, and not by what something different achieves? Again, I stopped expecting GN'R to be like a normal band more than 20 years ago. It wasn't a deliberate decision from my side, GN'R trained me to not have high expectations. But it has served me well. And when I compare GN'R of today with GN'R of 2007, 2005, 2002, 1999, and so on, I end up with concluding that the band is doing great.

If I were, on the other hand, to compare GN'R with other bands, I'd say they are doing okay. They are touring the world, pleasing thousands of fan every night, doing interviews, talking about a new record, releasing awesome photos, etc. It's good.

How about this. Say there's a basketball player new to the nba, thrills the sports world for his first few seasons. Then his numbers start to drop and all the sudden he's hardly noticed. Before you know it, he's a 13 year veteran that hasn't averaged double digit games in 7 years. One season he averages 14 points a game. That's fair of his age, but his greatness before and sudden drop off come into play in determining whether the season was great. Was it okay? Sure. But okay isn't good enough knowing full well what the player is capable of.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Some of you seems to be easy to please. The band hasn't been doing anything but touring for years, with almost exactly the same set list, late starts, weak vocals from Axl and you don't have any complaints about any of that, no, your complaints are about that people want more from a band they follow passionately. :lol:

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

How about this. Say there's a basketball player new to the nba, thrills the sports world for his first few seasons. Then his numbers start to drop and all the sudden he's hardly noticed. Before you know it, he's a 13 year veteran that hasn't averaged double digit games in 7 years. One season he averages 14 points a game. That's fair of his age, but his greatness before and sudden drop off come into play in determining whether the season was great. Was it okay? Sure. But okay isn't good enough knowing full well what the player is capable of.

I am afraid that that particular sports analogy is lost on me, but I do believe I understand the point you are trying to make. I am afraid you are now talking about Axl, and not Guns N' Roses, which I was talking about. But okay. You can't compare Axl at 50 with Axl at 25 and expect him to be equally good. It just isn't fair. He will never be as good as a performer (because some parts of what made him such a great performer, the recklessness, the abandon, the magnetism, the temperament, the rage) is gone and can't expect to still remain in a man his age. He is NOT capable of that any more. It is just not a fair potential to measure him up against. He might be capable of more than what he does today, sure, but what he actually does is still okay given his age. And what Guns N' Roses is out doing now is great considering their history.

What do you mean by this tour? The Euro one that is going on right this very minute? I was at 2 since CD came out back in 2008. Most recent being Hamilton November 2011. Funny how that excuse is always used...

I don't understand why you would spend your money to go to the shows and waste your time on a forum if that is your point of view towards Axl and GNR management.

And my point is what exactly? That I think it is time for new music? Not sure how that is negative. I'm a loyal fan. When's the last show YOU have been to? Or what exactly is YOUR point?

The lousy fan base. The band is doing great.

Axl should consider himself lucky they still have a fan base

LOL no. Have you seen the attendance at these shows? Stop being a hater.

last one I went to was at MSG in 2006 - I won't go again till he puts out new music - i refuse to support his constant cash grabs :thumbsup:

I think the biggest complaint really is the fans. Im sure most other bands fan pop has its fucktard base, but GnR fans really are a bunch of douchebags. Just stand in line at a show for proof. You have just a few types. The know it alls, the old lineup fans and the new fans. Mix them together and it getsl giggleworthy. most of the fanbase actually support msl and he's the biggest douchebag of them all.

Edited by Download

And my point is what exactly? That I think it is time for new music? Not sure how that is negative. I'm a loyal fan. When's the last show YOU have been to? Or what exactly is YOUR point?

"Axl's tardiness", "Axl's voice"

"...Why do you want me to please those that laugh in my face..." - Postitute.

That might answer your 'lack of new music' question.

"Axl's tardiness", "Axl's voice"

"...Why do you want me to please those that laugh in my face..." - Postitute.

That might answer your 'lack of new music' question.

I never said anything about Axl's voice/tardiness. Nice try but not me...

You never answered when the last show you have been to.

Edited by Coma16