Oh my god

ROFLFOOT

Ok with all this CD talk latley.

The album could be one hell of a monster. But there is to much shit going on, tracks sounds undone.

What would make CD awsome would be like:

CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qyyd0eDTBM&feature=related

IRS

Earlie version of CITR

Scraped

TWAT

Sorry

Not saying in this order but this songs + songs we obv havent heard ejet. Rest of the album is crap to me

I like prostitute but its not good enough, or it just dosent fit in. Hard to put my finger on it something is just very wrong.

When listening to GNR music you imagen a angry Axl Rose screaming hes lungs out. Not some little mouse struggling thru SOD.

So to end it. Wrong songs has made it to the actual cd. To bad :(

Edited by ROFLFOOT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok with all this CD talk latley.

The album could be one hell of a monster. But there is to much shit going on, tracks sounds undone.

What would make CD awsome would be like:

CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qyyd0eDTBM&feature=related

IRS

Earlie version of CITR

Scraped

TWAT

Sorry

Not saying in this order but this songs + songs we obv havent heard ejet. Rest of the album is crap to me

I like prostitute but its not good enough, or it just dosent fit in. Hard to put my finger on it something is just very wrong.

When listening to GNR music you imagen a angry Axl Rose screaming hes lungs out. Not some little mouse struggling thru SOD.

So to end it. Wrong songs has made it to the actual cd. To bad :(

IMO OMG starts off great but as soon as Axl starts singing the song goes down hill. Why the vocal distortion? why the industrial sounding guitars as the vocals start? If the song would have built off the beginning it could have been good, but like a lot whats on CD the song just has too much going on. Sometimes less is more.

Why not the vocal distortion? Why not the industrial guitar sound? I think it's pretty great. I think the solo (or lack thereof) on the demo was the only area that could be improved, it sounded video-gamey and not really like a fit for the rest of the song.

Why not the vocal distortion? Why not the industrial guitar sound? I think it's pretty great. I think the solo (or lack thereof) on the demo was the only area that could be improved, it sounded video-gamey and not really like a fit for the rest of the song.

I don't buy the whole "it's a demo" the song was officially released to a sound track. If it was a demo shame on Axl for releasing a subpar product under the GnR name. I think the song sounds like its suppose to, there is a reason it's not played live and didn't make it on Chinese. The general public didnt like it! I personally think the song had potential but Axl ruined with all the distortion, that's my opinion.

I don't buy the whole "it's a demo" the song was officially released to a sound track. If it was a demo shame on Axl for releasing a subpar product under the GnR name. I think the song sounds like its suppose to, there is a reason it's not played live and didn't make it on Chinese. The general public didnt like it! I personally think the song had potential but Axl ruined with all the distortion, that's my opinion.

I don't think Axl cares if the general public likes it or not when he decides what's gonna be on the next album. I think the song simply wouldn't fit with the other songs on CD. It's like having November Rain on Appetite.

I think Oh my god is a great song. I like all the effects, it fits with the song. It sounds industrial, old and dusty. And the way Axl sings works perfectly with it.

If they did the song live today though, I think Axl would need a 30 min break afterwards.

Edited by Jeez

Seems everyone defends Oh My God saying its just a demo, But werent all of those leaks around 05 or whatever passed off as demos? Then finally cd dropped a few years later and all we got were the same Axl vocals, Mostly same guitars with some additions and changes here and there and a pile of synth/ effects over them?

Why on earth would a muti platinum act authorise a demo to be put on a soundtrack? I say it didn't get the reaction they hoped for so (same as the cd leaks) so they called it a demo.

I love the big, epic songs more than anyone, but if they would release an album full of songs in the vein of 'Oh My God' and 'Shackler', it would be a hit. I think people genuinely miss Axl's dangerous, aggressive side, and you can't get that with 'This I Love' or 'If The World', as much as I love those songs. When I have let people listen to CD, overwhelmingly two of the favorite bits off of the entire album for a lot of people are the 'Don't ever try to tell me..."/"No one is stopping you..." parts from Shackler, with the disco beat, the wonky guitars and the yelling Axl, and the breakdown in Better ("I never wanted you to be so full of anger..."). Those are moments of pure brilliance, and people crave that...

I love the big, epic songs more than anyone, but if they would release an album full of songs in the vein of 'Oh My God' and 'Shackler', it would be a hit. I think people genuinely miss Axl's dangerous, aggressive side, and you can't get that with 'This I Love' or 'If The World', as much as I love those songs. When I have let people listen to CD, overwhelmingly two of the favorite bits off of the entire album for a lot of people are the 'Don't ever try to tell me..."/"No one is stopping you..." parts from Shackler, with the disco beat, the wonky guitars and the yelling Axl, and the breakdown in Better ("I never wanted you to be so full of anger..."). Those are moments of pure brilliance, and people crave that...

U got it sir..And i forgot to add Better to the list

Seems everyone defends Oh My God saying its just a demo, But werent all of those leaks around 05 or whatever passed off as demos? Then finally cd dropped a few years later and all we got were the same Axl vocals, Mostly same guitars with some additions and changes here and there and a pile of synth/ effects over them?

Why on earth would a muti platinum act authorise a demo to be put on a soundtrack? I say it didn't get the reaction they hoped for so (same as the cd leaks) so they called it a demo.

I couldn't agree more - it wasn't a demo and if it were a big hit we would have had CD much earlier than we did. I can understand people liking it but don't defend it as most didn't like it

Because it was not polished or unfinished. That's just an excuse

I listen to Oh My God just about every time I run / work out.

I don't think it was a "demo" ether.

wished CD would of sounded more like Oh My God.

I am happy we got what we did with CD. Had we gotten 2 albums, with an entire album's worth of OMG type songs, plus everything on CD, and it had been tracklisted so that each album had half OMG/Silkworms industrial anger, and half CD balladry, I would be the most satisfied GnR fan on the planet.

The label wanted something on the soundtrack, so thats what they took

I'm sure there are earlier versions of the CD demos that sound sub par, hell listen to the CD intro in the 2002 promos, or the first IRS leak

The point is those were not final versions, no reason to think OMG was either... Hell it sounded different when played live in 2001

Edited by LoadedNightraiN