Oh my god

ROFLFOOT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't truly a demo, but I can see the point that it wasn't finished to the degree that Axl would've liked prior to release. The story is that Axl and Jimmy Iovine were up until the wee hours of the night working on the final mix before providing it to the soundtrack and GnR was contractually obligated to provide a song for the soundtrack. Play OMG and Shackler's back to back and you can see the difference in production quality. However at its core it's a pretty bad ass song. The instrumental is definitely cool to hear; lead guitar is pretty mean on this song, but sort of gets lost in the mix. And I agree with whoever said it would be better without the distorted vocals; these are some of Axl's very best lyrics but at times they're very tough to hear due to the distortion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--CyTwt5B0

Edited by shotgunblues1978

It wasn't truly a demo, but I can see the point that it wasn't finished to the degree that Axl would've liked prior to release. The story is that Axl and Jimmy Iovine were up until the wee hours of the night working on the final mix before providing it to the soundtrack and GnR was contractually obligated to provide a song for the soundtrack. Play OMG and Shackler's back to back and you can see the difference in production quality. However at its core it's a pretty bad ass song. The instrumental is definitely cool to hear; lead guitar is pretty mean on this song, but sort of gets lost in the mix. And I agree with whoever said it would be better without the distorted vocals; these are some of Axl's very best lyrics but at times they're very tough to hear due to the distortion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--CyTwt5B0

That...that is pretty fucking intense. Great piece of music.

As far as I know "Oh my God" was not a demo, it was released in the official soundtrack of The end of days. I was a bit shocked when I frist listened to it but the more I listened to it the more I liked it.

Just curious, why do some people think this song is going to be re-released? I mean, the song was released in the 90´s so I don´t see the point in taking a song that was officially released years ago and re-record/re-release it unless the band decided to make some kind of greatest hits which is not the case.

OMG needs to be left behind and forget it ever existed, same with Shitworms.

OMG should be rereleased or at least played live again. Shitworms? Burn every file with that song. But if playing it live again meant a step forward, bring it on.

Everyone has to remember OMG was a demo, and a rough sounding one at that

It was? Why would they officially release a demo?

axl had made an agreement with the movie producers to use it as the soundtrack

in typical axl fashion it wasn't ready so the version sent was a demo in the sense that it isn't axls final vision

Link please?

In hindsight, I'm sure someone would say it's just a demo after it received mediocre response. Hell, if every band did that, they could write one album of material and remix it for the rest of their lives.

in typical axl fashion it wasn't ready so the version sent was a demo in the sense that it isn't axls final vision

Link please?

In hindsight, I'm sure someone would say it's just a demo after it received mediocre response. Hell, if every band did that, they could write one album of material and remix it for the rest of their lives.

EDIT: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3878

Edited by LoadedNightraiN

It wasn't a demo. That was Doug Goldstein falling on his sword after it received "mixed" reviews when it came out (I'm being generous). As for the sound, listen to the other '99 songs that were leaked. That's just the sound they were working/experimenting with at the time.

Link please?

EDIT: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=3878

A link to something other than more claims without a source, please.

Even in that topic someone says they THINK Axl said it was a demo in 01. Nearly two years after it's release. It definitely had the dirtier feel and more aspiration to be industrial. Sounds like the demo claim is more along the lines of Axl saving face.

Link please?

Even in that topic someone says they THINK Axl said it was a demo in 01. Nearly two years after it's release. It definitely had the dirtier feel and more aspiration to be industrial. Sounds like the demo claim is more along the lines of Axl saving face.

Jesus Christ, do you need to be spoon fed? :rolleyes:

Go listen to the show

Link please?

Go listen to the show

Apparently, because all you did was link to another topic WITH NO LINK to a source. AGAIN. Calling it a demo years later is saving face. I was thinking you had more than speculation.

Link please?

Go listen to the show

Apparently, because all you did was link to another topic WITH NO LINK to a source. AGAIN. Calling it a demo years later is saving face. I was thinking you had more than speculation.

No i've hear the show before where he said it... Listen to the song man, there are skips in it that Axl would never have on an album

Will this pass for you?

http://www.last.fm/music/Guns+N%27+Roses/_/Oh+My+God

or

http://www.metalsucks.net/2007/08/21/axl-rose-says-the-timing-couldnt-be-better-to-appear-on-new-sebastian-bach-album-since-he-apparently-had-nothing-else-to-do/

Demos don't get released commercially unless it's a b-side or box set years after the fact. Demos don't get featured on international TV to promote a movie which was thought to have major box office steam. Demos would not be featured on said film's soundtrack. Demos would not be lauded as a once-great band's "comeback" until the song fell on its face.

It's not a demo.

Demos don't get released commercially unless it's a b-side or box set years after the fact. Demos don't get featured on international TV to promote a movie which was thought to have major box office steam. Demos would not be featured on said film's soundtrack. Demos would not be lauded as a once-great band's "comeback" until the song fell on its face.

It's not a demo.

Again you're talking about normal bands.. Remember who this forum is for

Didn't Axl say the one released was more of a demo?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: