The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

It's in the bottom 5 for me, easily. Donald Plesence is all that film had going for it.

Bottom 5 easily? In a series that's had such duds as Die Another Day, Diamonds are Forever, A View To A Kill, Moonraker, and Octopussy? That's 5 right there.

Octopussy is my favorite or second favorite Moore film, depending on my mood (Switches between that and Man With The Golden Gun). A View To A Kill isn't bottom 5 material for me, because it's at least fun, even if it sucks. My bottom 5, from "best" to worst:

1. Moonraker

2. You Only Live Twice

3. The World Is Not Enough

4. Tomorrow Never Dies

5. Die Another Day

There is no way it is that bad, e.g. worse than DAD. YOLT is a silly fun film but it is kitsch in a 1960s way - it is basically the Bond film Austin Powers spoofs; it has an excellent theme song and opening credits. There is a lot to enjoy about it really.

No, you're reading my list backwards; DAD is my least favorite, and Moonraker is my "favorite" out of those 5.

I find Twice to be kind of boring more than I find it to be a bad film. The fight that Miser posted is one of my favourite Connery fights and the locations are breathtaking, but otherwise it's a pretty dull film. Connery is bored out of his mind and the pacing is rocky. Still, it's better than Diamonds Are Forever even though I feel like Sean is enjoying himself a bit more in that one.

Edited by James Bond

The making of the film is more interesting. Like Mia Hama or whatever her name is, was turned down at first for the lead so she was going to kill herself. So the filmmakers gave her a more limited role. She couldn't speak good enough English.

The other girl, who got the larger part, she won the role over her but I guess it worked out that she gets killed off and the other girl takes her place. I think they both did Godzilla films. They made sure they get the hottest girls for those films.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Blofeld coming back (Waltz has to be playing him), his character is a ski instructer (ski scenes = a ski chase) and perhaps more interestingly....

Irma Bunt is in the early leaked script.

She's the character in OHMSS that kills Bond's wife.

I don't doubt that we'll see our fair share of OHMSS references but I meant more that I think the poster is a coincidence. My guess is they'll want to use as much Fleming SPECTRE material as possible over the next couple of films. Maybe next we'll even get a proper YOLT adaptation. I always thought that Shatterhand would make a great film title.

• 1 month later...

First official image of Daniel Craig from SPECTRE:

RVbqEPG.jpg

And first behind the scenes video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WGDKDCgDQ8

I know some people have been speculating about it, but seriously - I'm getting an OHMSS remake vibe from what we've seen so far. Particularly when they showed that quick shot of the modern building they had found for shooting - really looked like a 21st century Piz Gloria to me.

• Like 3