The College Fall Semester Appreciation Thread

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman year starting in a few months. Undecided major right now, but I'm interested in film and music. I'm really excited for my History of Rock and Roll class. I've heard awesome things about it. I'm excited for college as a whole. I hated high school, though I graduated with a 4.1 GPA. Only a few classes interested me throughout the whole four years.

Dated a girl once that my current girlfriend says looked like him - mostly because of the chin...

Something to rest your bollocks on at least, no? ;)

Freshman year starting in a few months. Undecided major right now, but I'm interested in film and music. I'm really excited for my History of Rock and Roll class. I've heard awesome things about it.

Just becomes a fucker when you realise you've wasted 3 or 4 years of college on a film course and wind up flipping burgers for years afterwards. :shrugs:

I graduated last month - BSc Economics at Essex. Just moved to London for an MSc in Economic Policy at UCL. I've been reading some horror stories recently about how mindblowingly difficult and demanding the course is. Apparently you need to give up pretty much everything else in your life for the year and put in at least 10 hours of work a day into it otherwise you fall behind. :scared: I'm kinda worried. I did pretty well in my BSc (a reasonably high first while not putting a lot of effort in the second year - had a job) but this is a whole different beast. They've already given me 'homework' - a big course on maths and statistics that I need to prepare before the year starts which I've been putting off but I need to start today. I think I'm gonna have to cut down on MYGNR this year :D

Second year of Econ here. Will study hard as fuck this semester.

Econ? You poor bastard.

The class is a joke though. It's just too fucking boring. You'll be able to zone out or sleep through class so long as you remember the supply and demand shit.

Nah, it's aight. There's a little bit more to the degree than the supply and demand shit, though. :lol:

I graduated last month - BSc Economics at Essex. Just moved to London for an MSc in Economic Policy at UCL. I've been reading some horror stories recently about how mindblowingly difficult and demanding the course is. Apparently you need to give up pretty much everything else in your life for the year and put in at least 10 hours of work a day into it otherwise you fall behind. :scared: I'm kinda worried. I did pretty well in my BSc (a reasonably high first while not putting a lot of effort in the second year - had a job) but this is a whole different beast. They've already given me 'homework' - a big course on maths and statistics that I need to prepare before the year starts which I've been putting off but I need to start today. I think I'm gonna have to cut down on MYGNR this year :D

Masters courses will do that for you, but if you put the effort it you will definitely be rewarded at the end.

Dated a girl once that my current girlfriend says looked like him - mostly because of the chin...

Something to rest your bollocks on at least, no? ;)

Freshman year starting in a few months. Undecided major right now, but I'm interested in film and music. I'm really excited for my History of Rock and Roll class. I've heard awesome things about it.

Just becomes a fucker when you realise you've wasted 3 or 4 years of college on a film course and wind up flipping burgers for years afterwards. :shrugs:

I'll most likely choose to major in telecommunications if I can't decide on what to study by junior year. I believe that field is pretty solid.

I'll most likely choose to major in telecommunications if I can't decide on what to study by junior year. I believe that field is pretty solid.

Sounds like a good choice there but make sure that you focus on the technical side of things and you'll always find work. :)

Second year of Econ here. Will study hard as fuck this semester.

Econ? You poor bastard.

The class is a joke though. It's just too fucking boring. You'll be able to zone out or sleep through class so long as you remember the supply and demand shit.

Nah, it's aight. There's a little bit more to the degree than the supply and demand shit, though. :lol:

Macro is great but Micro is a fucking sleeping pill.

Freshman year starting in a few months. Undecided major right now, but I'm interested in film and music. I'm really excited for my History of Rock and Roll class. I've heard awesome things about it. I'm excited for college as a whole. I hated high school, though I graduated with a 4.1 GPA. Only a few classes interested me throughout the whole four years.

Enjoy the freshman enthusiasm while it lasts.

Micro is a fucking sleeping pill.

well, tits.

x2. Micro is one of my classes this year. But I'm taking Business communication in English as an elective, will make up for any other bad grades with that class.

Micro covers a very large spectrum of subjects, each applicable to a particular field. It's more of a starting platform to whatever specializations you choose.

Freshman year starting in a few days. Undecided major right now, but I'm interested in film and music. I'm really excited for my History of Rock and Roll class. I've heard awesome things about it. I'm excited for college as a whole. I hated high school, though I graduated with a 4.1 GPA. Only a few classes interested me throughout the whole four years.

Enjoy the freshman enthusiasm while it lasts.

Accidentally put months instead of days on my original post. Corrected it in this quote.

But why do you say that? Do you dislike college?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

The Uni lifestyle was a waste on someone like me. I hated it! Thank God I'm out of there :scared:

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel