MYGNRFORUM Covers: Better

Tyler Drama

I think we should roll with the official drum track unless someone has a great recording setup for them, or programs excellent ones. If the drums sound crap, everything will sound awful. You can do much with vocal and other instruments to make them sound alright, but bad sounding drums will always sound bad.

+1, Frank is decent enough :D Plus, if the drums were outta way, this project could move forward.

(Demon Wolf, aren't you on UG btw? :tongue2: )

I am indeed :D

What's yer username there?

I think we should roll with the official drum track unless someone has a great recording setup for them, or programs excellent ones. If the drums sound crap, everything will sound awful. You can do much with vocal and other instruments to make them sound alright, but bad sounding drums will always sound bad.

+1, Frank is decent enough :D Plus, if the drums were outta way, this project could move forward.

Check your PMs man! :)

Jyrgen. I'm one of the zillion guys with a Dolan avatar

Oh and rhythm guitars done or halfway done, I did just 2 tracks this far but they're each differently arranged and judging by a quick test, I think they have the potential to sound pretty large mixed together. I may do 2 tracks more, but we'll see if I'll be able to keep em all tight enough.

Robin solo time tomorrow, planning on how to rape that one...

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping to keep fresh in peoples' minds.

Also Highvoltage, pleasantly surprised on the GNFNR cover of TWAT (released just yesterday) good job.

I agree. Didn't just try and do an Axl impression like most people.

Was that a shot at me? I don't try to sound that way...felt like a shot at me...

:tongue2:

Also Highvoltage, pleasantly surprised on the GNFNR cover of TWAT (released just yesterday) good job.

Was that a shot at me? I don't try to sound that way...felt like a shot at me...

i actually quite enjoy your vocal parts i thought they were very well done

i actually quite enjoy your vocal parts i thought they were very well done

Same here, cool cover.

Thanks! My voice is high, but it doesn't really have an Axl vibe at all, so I generally just sing guns my own way.

I thought everyone sounded pretty damn good. :shades:

No, it wasn't.

TWAT sounds excellent. The bass seems a little too high in the mix but other then that, great cover! :thumbsup:

EDIT: In some parts I thought highvoltage sounded like Axl77. Especially the part where he sing "it'd be the knowledge that you gave me when I thought I'd heard it all".

Edited by KiraMPD

im more interested in instrumental covers with Axl's vocals, because who can do Axl better than Axl? But plus instrument changes offer more variation you can only mess with vocals so much even if the person can sound like Axl. Anyone know of any good GNR covers out there especially of the CD songs?

Edited by amacfantasy