"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got to the Parent Directory link and watched.

Not gonna lie, pretty underwhelmed.

It was cool as shit...but I feel like there's definitely a reasonable number of fans that could have done something much better if say, they had access to the same type of exclusive, high quality footage, ya know?

My 2 cents.

You're right, but the video obviously isn't finished.

you mean someone could do a better job...

Yeah they can! and did.

(Better fanmade music video)

This is a better video fanmade by A guy named Slasher, He's on the boards somewhere 2 so if you read this... didn't you get any calls or something... you can do a way better job then most directors in the bizz right now! Kudo's!

You r right, he is done a great job, especially in scraped!

You just know sailaway is ITCHING to defend the video like it's the greatest thing on earth, but it doesn't want to admit that it's watched it. :rofl-lol:

Can you make your signature bigger please?

Yeah... he could make it tiny like yours. Are you an idiot?

Sorry no,you will have to find a kindred spirit elsewhere.:drool:

Edited by sailaway

It was cool as shit...but I feel like there's definitely a reasonable number of fans that could have done something much better if say, they had access to the same type of exclusive, high quality footage, ya know?

My 2 cents.

I'll agree there, but at the same time..the concrete of the video is clearly there, don't see it getting THAT much better, but who knows?

Nice sig by the way ..I made that graphic, good to still see it around :xmasssanta:

My 2 cents.

I'll agree there, but at the same time..the concrete of the video is clearly there, don't see it getting THAT much better, but who knows?

Nice sig by the way ..I made that graphic, good to still see it around :xmasssanta:

I think it has some really good bits, but the performance footage is weak. I like the little aliens and the ferrari bit is cool. It's not good enough to be released though, which is maybe why it wasn't?

Oh you made that sig? Sweet, I love it... I hated that woman! :thumbsup:

Fuck! I go to work and I miss this?! The hell's going on? :question::o

Go to any real un-censored gnr message board and you'll find the links.

Kind of crappy video, glad it never got released.

pretty lame dig at this forum, imo.

subs made it clear that whatever is transferred via PM isn't really his concern - but fact is, this is the biggest gn'r forum on the internet, so if anyone gets in trouble for ALLOWING people to publicly post copyrighted, unreleased material...it's gonna be us.

and let's be fair - there have been complaints in the past regarding leaks so it's not like it's some far-fetched idea.

why not just show a little respect? not having a go at any sites in particular by saying this, but hell, at least we allow discussion of it, right? it's not like we're banning you guys from acknowledging it exists. i dunno - can't please everybody, i guess.

i watched the video. i agree - a little bit underwhelming. not sure why the band didn't just release it years ago, as it's clearly tailored towards the fans anyway. i can't imagine it playing on MTV or anything, in other words... it's a fun little throwaway thing and i think by not releasing it a lot of hype and expectations got built up. if they'd put it out in '06 it would have been perceived as a nice gesture for the fans.

Was a nice surprise to see Bucket etc featured, was a nice touch. Picking holes clearly the budget for the video was pretty small considering production values aren't exactly amazing, felt they could have weaved the live footage and backstage antics alot better but its a cool video and i'll no doubt watch it a fair few times!

I do miss the buzz of when we get a leak...!

Why isn't Axl in the band intros?

cos he needs no introduction...

what car is it? ferrari or lambo?

Pretty sure it's the Ferrari Enzo:

ferrari-enzo-doors-open.jpg

Believed the price tag was $1 million. Wonder if it's his or did he rent it for the video?

It's Axl's car! there is also a photo of him in the Ferrari museum because of it http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/161/ff10ac6.jpg/

Why isn't Axl in the band intros?

cos he needs no introduction...

what car is it? ferrari or lambo?

Pretty sure it's the Ferrari Enzo:

ferrari-enzo-doors-open.jpg

Believed the price tag was $1 million. Wonder if it's his or did he rent it for the video?

He wouldnt rent it for a private video from years ago, that he then decided to be on a video. Also considering his rental car record, im guessing its his.

just saw the video

- AWESOME

its great seeing Bucket in there too, and finck!!!!!!!!!! fucking chinese democracy right there, I loved it (it did fall away due to the crappy editing as well as bad selection of footage before the solo, other than that I loved it)

I loved how the song started as soon as Axl closed the door B) cool as fuck

Just watched it.

It's pretty much a love letter to the 2006 tour. As such, it was kind of weird to have Buckethead footage shoehorned in there.

I want a proshot of the Download Festival show now!

I love how Axl included everyone who was on that song, in the video, its paying homage and I accept that and fuckin love it.

Edited by Gunns

im not a parent either, but if anyone could provide me with a manual or directory of some sort for when one day I eventually become one, that would be suffice :)