Ron about GN'R... this confirms that they r not working on an album or anything..

NachoLZ

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me befriending Subs? I've always had respect for him, but I have never pretended that him and me are friends. We've talked maybe five times (if even that) in private. Either way, I certainly didn't spam last night, I was quiet in the chat room all night, because I knew that there are people that were actually excited and cared far more for him being there than I do and I didn't feel like ruin that moment for them.

The Subs comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed elsewhere.

A few things to say... It was not cool to post a private message on a public forum, but at the same time, Ron should know that there's a risk that everything he says can end up on internet. I think Ron is a cool guy and the problems with "GNR" have nothing to do with him, it's not his fault. We all know who's fault it is... It's unnecassary to bash him. About the private discussion with the op, even if he says he was joking, I don't think it was a joke. Doesn't look like a joke to me at least. If he really thinks what he wrote I wish he could just have the balls to assume what he said. Anyways...

A few things to say... It was not cool to post a private message on a public forum, but at the same time, Ron should know that there's a risk that everything he says can end up on internet. I think Ron is a cool guy and the problems with "GNR" have nothing to do with him, it's not his fault. We all know who's fault it is... It's unnecassary to bash him. About the private discussion with the op, even if he says he was joking, I don't think it was a joke. Doesn't look like a joke to me at least. If he really thinks what he wrote I wish he could just have the balls to assume what he said. Anyways...

I have to agree with what you said except the part about we all know who's fault it is. Unless you're talking about the label and the music business in general. But like you said, anyways....

I have to agree with what you said except the part about we all know who's fault it is. Unless you're talking about the label and the music business in general. But like you said, anyways....

He should have the balls to own up to what he said. Honestly though I think GnR is just a paycheck to him now and probably has been since the end of the 2010 tour. His live additions like Estranged etc are mainly for the fans, not for his desire to be in Guns. Just my opinion.

I'm talking about Axl... you have to be blind to not see it, all that is wrong with that band comes from him, his decisions and all. But that's another subject...

Nobody should be disrespecting the band.

they've done nothing to deserve respect.

Except release a big chunk of my favourite music (Axl and Dizzy) and releasing a good album 4 years ago (Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Richard, Bumblefoot, Chris and Frank) and playing some great, great concerts in the last years (all of them including Dj) and hence giving thousands of fans a great time, and going FAR BEYOND what is expected on a band member in being friendly to fans (Bumblefoot), then yes, nothing else to respect them for...BUT THAT IS ENOUGH. But, yeah, if I was an ungrateful asshole I'd be a selfish prick, too.

And soo much for mods treating their relationship with the "band" as second rate compared to it's members like they've been trying to convince us for months then. The OP here, for better or for worse, was the reason Ron even came here tonight. The mods allowed the thread to stay and for the op to post. As soon as Ron started bashing the guy for posting their "joke" conversation it turned into "Yeah fuck that guy! *Boots from chats*". Fucking pathetic.

Couldn't agree more. Pathetic.

+1

Yeah well I'm not going to apologise for running this place in the interests of the majority of members instead of the handful of cupcakes who think they're being censored or hard done by.

If people want to publically talk shit on band members in the hope of getting a reaction for their 5 seconds of attention, then good for them; but I'm not going to let that fly. When band members are doing a Q+A here, we're going to moderate harder and expect members to be on their best behaviour - it's no different to asking people to be extra-polite in the Canter Banter forum.

The fact is, nothing drums up excitement around here like a band member visit. The people trying to cupcake and be rude aren't asking "difficult" questions :rolleyes: - they're just looking for some attention and ruining things for others in the process.

We try and be as flexible when we can with the moderating here, and I think that's pretty evident from the wide-ranging views in this thread alone - but you guys (ESPECIALLY if you're a RETURNED member) are going to have to cut us some slack in these situations (when band members are posting) and drop the shit talk, or you're out the door for good.

We're not going to start censoring you day-to-day, but if you have no interest in the new band and a new band member is posting in a thread or the chat room, then fuck off and let the people that do enjoy the band ask the questions. It's such obvious, blatant trolling and I won't take a second of it next time. BBF could have been answering actual fan's questions instead of wading through tons of drivel.

If it seems like I'm ranting, it's because I am. A few of you guys really pissed me off today and took the sheen off what was otherwise one of the best chats we've managed to have with a band member all year. Disappointing, and somewhat of a slap in the face from some of those people that were thrown a bone and allowed their accounts back earlier in the year. :no:

:thumbsup:

I agree with this. I was really excited to actually be having a conversation with BBF. He answered quite a few of my questions, watched my video, and he friend requested me. That is all great stuff imo. But some of you were acting quite dumb. It's called respect people, not censorship. I am by no means a big Robin Finck fan, but if ever engaged in a chat, I wouldn't sit there and talk shit. I would just leave it alone and let his fans ask him questions. Everything runs smoother that way. But I understand some of you just have to make your comments, which is fine. I just wish you would wait till after he leaves.

lol you guys.

BBF is getting paid to cupcake Axl, you guys aren't.

You just won the thread.

Literally. Wait, Ron mentioning how BBA will "keep reading" his rants on twitter and he will "keep living" what he posts is also gold.

Nobody should be disrespecting the band.

they've done nothing to deserve respect.

So you're disrespectful to people that don't do what you think they should do musically. Fuck human beings, it's all about music. I hear ya.

Like BBA said, this was obviously damage control. Bumblefoot seem to be an asshole and the whole nice guy thing he always does feels incredibly false and not the least genuine to me, something he does to be popular.

He's not only a nice guy, he's probably the moste nice person one could ever meet. The problem is that some people act like the biggest douchebag ever and expect him to be the nice guy, and when he obviously doesn't act cool you people point to him saying "that's how he talks to the fans and the band, fuck him". It's pretty obvious at this point that he'll mean what he means, he doesn't do the "damage control" crap you're mentioning. Have you ever talked to him? I guess not. So you're only guessing, only trying to make him look bad.

You know what? This isn't directed only at you, but also BBA and a few others - you must have a very pathetic life to hate on someone who never, ever did anything wrong to you just because he isn't your holy idol that doesn't care at all about you. Ron was here talking nicely to all of us, he was being nice even to the retarded morons that kept attacking him and even mentioned how he'd like to get along with ya's and not to be an enemy, but what do you guys do? cupcake, call his band a cover band, tell him your retarded moronic opinion on how the highlight of his career was playing other people's riffs, etc. Yes, obviously, a guy that was invited to G3 way before joining Guns needs to "milk Slash's legacy" to achieve something. Give me a fkn' break. You don't know shit about his solo career and his music, you only know GnR and nothing else about music. That's why you won't be respected around here. Ron's really respected by most (if not all) musicians you could ever talk to, he's been praised by sone of the greatest musicians and guitarists ever, yet somehow he doesn't deserve respect on GnR message boards. You see how low some of you people are?

Like he once said, music should never be a reason to disrespect people, to fight other people, yet somehow you act all sensitive when he comes here to stop rumors because some clueless GnR fan was like "heeeey, he shouldn't talk about Guns like that, I have to post this...!", when in fact most of you know how he fucks with people all the time. Fuck GnR, fuck music, fuck everything, integrity is what matters and a lot of you don't have it. This is why some of you aren't and never be respected.

Honestly if BBA and Bobo aren't banned immediately this forum should just shut down ans cease to exist.

Subs and HV better do something. The disrespect towards the band members is unacceptable.

VERY embarrassing.

Embarassing and pointless. As I've always said, if you're not a fan of the band, you shouldn't be here. And to take it to that level, ruining contact with the fellas for actual fans...it should be unacceptable and should be dealt with.

Did BBA get banned?

I heard that motherfucker was gone for good. Good riddance.

All this "returned members should be grateful to be back" jive is a fair statement, but I was personally ASKED by the owner to post more around here. Just feel like that was worth mentioning.

I'm glad to see that at least 50% of you are smart enough to see last night for what it was. An extremely desperate attempt by BBF to COVER HIS ASS. That is the ONLY reason he was here. Forgive me for not worshipping some second rate guitar player who comes here to insult our intelligence by suggesting that he was "just kidding around", and then starts to diss forum members who question his weak ass excuses. If he can dish it out, he sure as hell needs to be able to take it.

I find it laughable that some of you think we should be in awe over his mere presence on the forum. GNR's 23rd guitarist came here to lie to us - and then dissed those of who were capable of seeing through it. Whippity f'n doo! Some of you must be seriously starved for attention if you feel as though his being here is a memorable moment. The guy lies, talks shit, and to top it off, he's not even allowed to talk about this "band" that he is supposedly a part of.

To make things even more laughable is that he acts all billy bad ass because of his position in NuGNR. The truth is, he's a second rate musician who was incapable of making it on his own, so now he's forced to be "the guy who isn't Slash" if he doesn't want to be stuck playing bars for the rest of his life. Sorry kiddies. It may not sound cool, but it's reality.

Edited by bringbackadler

Did anyone ever stop to think that BBF was maybe just trolling the dude? Funny how so many people wont' believe a story unless it's negative in nature.

He sounded pretty serious man. Even popped up on this very forum mere hours later(if that) to say he was 'just joking'. "I don't fucken care and I don't wanna hear anyone's complaints about Axl's band". Yeah, sounds like he is kidding alright..... Axl's band... Nice touch.

Honestly if BBA and Bobo aren't banned immediately this forum should just shut down ans cease to exist.

Subs and HV better do something. The disrespect towards the band members is unacceptable.

VERY embarrassing.

When Axl came here in 2008, the album had just been released and the fanbase was in good spirits. It was easy to just forget bad stuff and be happy he was chatting with us.

Now, 4 years later, the majority of the fanbase is pissed off at the band's less than promising future. Bumblefoot reaffirming those sentiments in a private conversation, then coming here to downplay reality, did not deserve a jolly and happy response like we gave Axl in 2008.

Where was Bumblefoot in the past 4 years that he couldn't have done this chat before today? Why did 100,000 questions to the band members go unanswered in the subforum we created for band questions after Axl came to the board?

Why does this band suck?