O2 show to be shown in German Cinema's

OptimusPrimeNL

How many members of the current band have writing credits on AFD, Lies, or Use Your Illusion I and II--You know, the albums that sold millions of copies and actually made the GN'R name famous in the first place? How many albums or songs has the current lineup put out?

Two members of the band from the performance in question have writing credits on those albums and additionally, they are the two founders of the band and jointly wrote the vast majority of the albums in question.

If it bothers you that GNR still exists, perhaps you can find a counselor to speak to about it? Doesn't mean GNR shouldn't be able to be proud of their accomplishments.

Is Izzy Stradlin a current member of the entity called Guns N' Roses, or was he simply a guest at that show who doesn't even perform on all the songs played?

GN'R doesn't exist. It died in 1996. There is a band Doing Business As as "Guns N' Roses", but it is not the same band which rocked the world from 1988-1994 or which toured around the planet from '85-'93. All GN'R now is a name--Nothing more. A "group" that exists in only a legal sense.

Edited by Vincent Vega

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Izzy Stradlin a current member of the entity called Guns N' Roses, or was he simply a guest at that show who doesn't even perform on all the songs played?

GN'R doesn't exist. It died in 1996. There is a band Doing Business As as "Guns N' Roses", but it is not the same band which rocked the world from 1988-1994 or which toured around the planet from '85-'93. All GN'R now is a name--Nothing more. A "group" that exists in only a legal sense.

The only member of Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, the founder and primary songwriter of the band since 1985. His band accomplished all that was stated in the trailer. It's his, not yours. If that bothers you, seek professional help.

GNR never died.

Every band that has ever existed is nothing more than a group that exists in a legal sense. Sorry to burst your bubble.

VOLCANO -- I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Last time I checked, Guns N' Roses was founded by five guys and defined in pop culture by Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, and later Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed. Axl Rose was not the "Founder". If you want to go into stupid, meaningless technicalities, then Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner are also "Founders" of Guns N' Roses. Pete Best was a founding member of The Beatles, for what it's worth. "His" band, it was never "HIS" band--the band that accomplished all that was stated in the trailer--is not the same "band" that plays under the Guns N' Roses' legal name today.

The band that accomplished all of the things listed in the trailer ceased to exist fully in August 1997 when the final member of the band quit, and Axl Rose decided to take the empty shell of the Guns N' Roses name and use it as a brand and populate it with people who had nothing to do with the real band's legacy or accomplishments. To call it the same band is just self delusion.

What accomplishments stated in the trailer has the current band--Axl Rose, Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman--been responsible for?

If I was to somehow win the legal rights to The Beatles name, image and legacy, and I decided to tour with a band of high school students as "The Beatles", would it be "The Beatles"?

Edited by Vincent Vega

Last time I checked, Guns N' Roses was founded by five guys

you may want to check again. good luck in your quest.

Is there anything on your jump drive in China or in the documents and emails you stole and attempted to blackmail and extort the "band" you claim to be a fan of with, that could aid me in this quest?

Edited by Vincent Vega

His band accomplished all that was stated in the trailer.

Well founding a band =/= being his band in regards to the time up until the contract issue of the 90's. Ask Marc or even anyone in the band at that time, you will not find them call the GNR of the 80's and the formulative years in the 90's as anything but an open musical collaboration between a group of people

Last time I checked, Guns N' Roses was founded by five guys

you may want to check again. good luck in your quest.

Is there anything on your jump drive in China or in the documents and emails you stole and attempted to blackmail and extort the "band" you claim to be a fan of with, that could aid me in this quest?

sorry too busy laughing on my way to the bank. good luck

Aka you're a coward and a psycho who won't or can't confront the fact that you stole and leaked music from and tried to blackmail and extort the band you claim to be a fan of, that your attempts to rewrite history and present yourself as some sort of big fan, are cringeworthy, that your arguments hold no water (much like the pools you jump in) and have failed, and that this forum views you only as a gigantic joke, a curiosity, a strange novelty, and a piss poor cupcake whose presence only degrades this great forum.

Edited by Vincent Vega

His band accomplished all that was stated in the trailer.

Well founding a band =/= being his band in regards to the time up until the contract issue of the 90's. Ask Marc or even anyone in the band at that time, you will not find them call the GNR of the 80's and the formulative years in the 90's as anything but an open musical collaboration between a group of people

it was axl and izzy's band, when izzy left, it became axl's band.

When the contractual issue came up it became Axl's band. When the Appetite guys joined the band and wrote tunes it became on open collaboration of five musical identities

When the contractual issue came up it became Axl's band. When the Appetite guys joined the band and wrote tunes it became on open collaboration of five musical identities

Those guys joined Axl and Izzy's band.

Not sure how it became an "open collaboration of five musical identities" when they started writing if only four of the five wrote anything . . .

Collaborating in the musical world is just as important as raw song ideas, and it doesn't matter who joined who's band, because the relationship changed. Marc has also said that many times

Vega -

You seem to be confused about a lot of things. What makes me a fan of GNR is the fact that I enjoy their records and performances. You don't have to appreciate an artist to appreciate their art. Perhaps during your quest, you should also figure out what words mean?

Furthermore, why not just admit you were wrong rather than attempting to change the subject to my weight or false allegations of blackmail? So many people have resorted to those tactics whenever proven wrong that it just makes you look lazy.

The only people on this forum that view me as a joke are the same bitter ex-fans that view Axl as a joke. I'm okay with that. Are you okay with that?

Perhaps during your own quest you should seek psychotherapy and powerful psychotropic drugs.

Why not just admit that you're nothing but a cupcake, or instead of being a coward admit that you stole music from and attempted to blackmail the band? Why hide, why try to whitewash and evade truth?

Are you only brave when you have another man's ball sack in your face while Wrasslin'?

No, like 99.9% of the forum views you as a joke, man. We could take a poll on here if you like?

Answer my question: If I somehow got the legal rights to The Beatles' name and legacy, and I decided to tour with a band of high school students with Paul McCartney under "The Beatles" brand name, would it be "The Beatles"?

If Mick Jagger had the legal rights to the Rolling Stones brand name and toured with Bootsy Collins, Steve Vai, Robin Finck and Dave Grohl as "The Rolling Stones" would it be "The Rolling Stones"?

Edited by Vincent Vega

Those guys joined Axl and Izzy's band.

Not sure how it became an "open collaboration of five musical identities" when they started writing if only four of the five wrote anything . . .

Collaborating in the musical world is just as important as raw song ideas, and it doesn't matter who joined who's band, because the relationship changed. Marc has also said that many times

Marc is a little biased towards Slash..so he's not the GNR bible at all.

So misleading for the other members 100, 000 records sold, inducted into the HOF, and these guys havent even done nothin except nonstop touring, i hope some new music soon please, hoping Kimmel has some big announcement for a new cd or some shit...fingers crossed

Does it bother you every time someone new joins a famous band? It happens all the time. GNR has accomplished what it has accomplished. Axl and Izzy started it and wrote the vast majority of the classic material. GNR's history doesn't vanish simply because people have come and gone.

How many members of the current band have writing credits on AFD, Lies, or Use Your Illusion I and II--You know, the albums that sold millions of copies and actually made the GN'R name famous in the first place? How many albums or songs has the current lineup put out?

Chinese Democracy sold a lot of copies during these times (which was different than 25 years ago). It was number 1 in many different countries world wide.

it doesn't matter who joined who's band, because the relationship changed. Marc has also said that many times

I didn't say it mattered. None of this shit matters, which is why it's so silly to lie.

Couldn't care less what Marc says about anything. If I spent even five minutes correcting the inaccuracies in his posts I would probably be banned over night.

So somehow Marc Canter, who not only helped the band out immensely in their earliest days and has been a close friend of pretty much all members of the band since 1985, somehow knows less about Guns N' Roses than you? Is there information on your jump drive in China which refutes Marc's statements? If so, could you please provide us with it to back up your claim of having more accurate info than Marc?

If Mick Jagger had the legal rights to the Rolling Stones brand name and toured with Bootsy Collins, Steve Vai, Robin Finck and Dave Grohl as "The Rolling Stones" would it be "The Rolling Stones"?

I recommend you look up Gene Simmons and Kiss, then you will find your answer.

Vega -

Please let us know what evidence you have that I supposedly stole from anyone.

Please let us know what evidence you have that I supposedly blackmailed anyone.

Good luck!

Please provide us with the video you took down like a pussy after Beta and Axl's lawyers got on your ass, in which you claimed to have internal Guns N' Roses emails and documents along with Axl's autobiography and unreleased GN'R songs and/or song titles on a jump drive in China.

This one:

http://www.casttv.com/video/u1d4z9h/mister-saint-laurent-guns-n-roses-announcement-video

Also:

http://mistersaintlaurent.com/gunsnroses.html

Edited by Vincent Vega

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2011/02/gnr-plans-for-chinese-democracy-reissue.html

Sludge is hearing that the popular UK magazine Classic Rock is offering a solid near 6 figure payoff of ca$h money to Mister Saint laurent for his GN'R memory stick of personal documents. This includes an alleged Axl Rose autobiography, his personal emails, contracts for Dj Ashba, the good, bad & ugly:

On December 16, Guns N' Roses took the stage in Abu Dhabi to cap off the most recent leg of the never-ending Chinese Democracy World Tour.

On December 15, Guns N' Roses manager Doc McGhee was informed by members of the band that Tommy Stinson did not intend to take the stage.

And now, on February 2, those same band members find themselves uninformed, unpaid and searching for the same answers as the rabid GN'R fanbase ...

What is next for Guns N' Roses?

Answering that question is nearly impossible and Doc McGhee is just the latest in a long line of managers learning first hand that no matter what you have planned, at any point, W. Axl Rose may take his ball and go home.

While McGhee refused to comment for this story, documents recently received by mistersaintlaurent.com reveal a very thorough and dedicated plan to re-market Chinese Democracy in the US later this year.

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

The album reissue would contain new artwork and a second disc containing bonus material. In addition to remixes of tracks from the album, the bonus disc would contain a new song "Blood in the Water" as well as a new version of "Better" featuring Dj Ashba, which would serve as the radio single for the reissue.

All of this would be announced February 7, with a secret show the day before the Super Bowl (February 5) at The Lodge in Dallas. Yet, it's February 2 and those in the GN'R camp that were willing to speak to mistersaintlaurent.com insist they have not received any airfare or itinerary.

While nobody would dispute that a very disappointed Axl Rose has holed himself up at home once again, most agreed he was justifiably upset.

"When we got back to the states, we expected Doc to have a US tour ready for us," said one member of Guns N' Roses that spoke with mistersaintlaurent.com. "When we found out things were still up in the air, everyone was deflated, but Axl took the news the worst," he continued.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GN'R as well about sponsoring a tour.

The answer may very well lie with Axl's previous manager, the mega powerful Irving Azoff. With Azoff controlling everything from venues to ticketing, many have accused Azoff of interfering with Doc's plan of attack for 2011.

So with the tour appearing to be off, where does that leave things with Best Buy? Although Best Buy had been burned by the first release of Chinese Democracy, they've pledged major funds to help market a reissue. Will they continue to be so supportive when clearly it is impossible for Guns N' Roses to reliably stick to any sort of plan.

And if and when the band returns, who will be playing bass? It wasn't that long ago that Duff McKagan appeared on stage with the band, a move that shocked fans throughout the world.

But what wasn't publicly known at the time was that for years there have been internal discussions about canning Stinson due to problems with alcohol as well as his treatment of staff and crew. What role this played in Stinson threatening to not take the stage in Abu Dhabi is not known, but what is known is that as far back as 2008, Axl and other members of the band had many discussions about the pros and cons of a Duff return, a return Duff has privately expressed interest in repeatedly behind closed doors.

So what is next for Guns N' Roses? Unfortunately, not even Guns N' Roses itself knows the answer to that question.

But rest assured, this story is far from over.

BREAKING NEWS - DOC MCGHEE FIRED AS GUNS N' ROSES MANAGER ...

Mack Arillo said...

MSL's alleged list of "new" songs:

Atlas

Cuban Skies

Goin' Down

Jackie Chan

Light My Fire

Monstrosity

Silk Worms

Soul Monster

The General

Thyme

Tonto

Answer my question: If I somehow got the legal rights to The Beatles' name and legacy, and I decided to tour with a band of high school students with Paul McCartney under "The Beatles" brand name, would it be "The Beatles"?

Yes, of course. A band's name is not defined by its members and/or accomplishments. That is just hilarious! :D

[...] this forum views you only as a gigantic joke, a curiosity, a strange novelty, and a piss poor cupcake whose presence only degrades this great forum.

Wow, you speak for the whole forum now? I disagree.

Thought Vega was talking about himself there :takethat:

it doesn't matter who joined who's band, because the relationship changed. Marc has also said that many times

I didn't say it mattered. None of this shit matters, which is why it's so silly to lie.

Couldn't care less what Marc says about anything. If I spent even five minutes correcting the inaccuracies in his posts I would probably be banned over night.

So somehow Marc Canter, who not only helped the band out immensely in their earliest days and has been a close friend of pretty much all members of the band since 1985, somehow knows less about Guns N' Roses than you?

Err, the fact that MSL might be able to find lots of inaccuracies in Marc's posts does not necessarily mean he knows more about GN'R than Marc. Come on, Vega, this is sloppy reasoning.

[...] this forum views you only as a gigantic joke, a curiosity, a strange novelty, and a piss poor cupcake whose presence only degrades this great forum.

Wow, you speak for the whole forum now? I disagree.

Thought Vega was talking about himself there :takethat:

Indeed he was yet he managed to claim he was speaking for the whole forum :D

and? where is the stealing? where is the blackmail? do you know what words mean?

So somehow Marc Canter, who not only helped the band out immensely in their earliest days and has been a close friend of pretty much all members of the band since 1985, somehow knows less about Guns N' Roses than you?

Maybe his memory isn't as good as mine. Maybe he prefers to protect people I don't have to protect. Maybe my info is more current. Maybe being someone's pal doesn't necessarily mean you know what's going on business wise. Maybe a lot of things. Bottom line is that 9 times out of 10 I read one of his posts and have to fight the urge to correct him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Newman, you're the best.