Screenings of London shows cancelled in German cinemas

Schwarzgold

Just got his official email, saying that the shows in German cinemas is cancelled due to claims of "copyrightholders and band management".

Liebe® Kinobesucher(in),

bedauerlicherweise haben uns der Rechteinhaber und das Bandmanagement die Durchführung der geplanten Veranstaltung "GUNS N’ ROSES – LIVE in London 2012" am 29. Oktober kurzfristig abgesagt.

Wir bedauern sehr, daß wir die Sonderveranstaltung daher leider nicht wie angekündigt durchführen können.

Aus diesem Grund haben wir Ihre bereits getätigte Buchung komplett storniert, damit Sie so schnell wie möglich den gezahlten Ticketpreis zurückerhalten.

Aufgrund der unterschiedlichen Banklaufzeiten kann dies einige Tage in Anspruch nehmen.

Wir bedauern die Unannehmlichkeiten und entschuldigen uns für die Umstände, die jedoch nicht von uns zu vertreten sind.

In der Hoffnung, Sie bei der nächsten Sonderveranstaltung wieder in der UCI KINOWELT begrüßen zu dürfen, verbleiben wir

mit besten Grüßen

Georg Welles

UCI KINOWELT

DE:

United Cinemas International Multiplex GmbH, Oskar-Hoffmann Str. 156, 44789 Bochum

Geschäftsführer: Ralf Schilling, Knuth Schultchen

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bochum

Handelsregister: Bochum, AG Bochum HRB 3657

email: zentrale@uci-kinowelt.de

AT:

United Cinemas International Multiplex Gesellschaft mbH, Shopping City Süd Top 43, 2351 Wiener Neudorf

Geschäftsführer: Ralf Schilling, Knuth Schultchen

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wiener Neudorf

Firmenbuchnummer: FN 39357 d, Firmenbuchgericht Landesgericht Wiener Neustadt

email: zentrale@uci-kinowelt.de

Hinweis:

Diese Nachricht und jeder Anhang ist vertraulich und möglicherweise rechtlich geschützt. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich empfangen haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte den Absender per Rückantwort. Löschen Sie diese Nachricht anschließend sofort von Ihrem System. Bitte kopieren Sie diese Nachricht nicht, nutzen Sie den Inhalt der Nachricht nicht anderweitig und machen Sie die Nachricht und deren Inhalt keinem Dritten zugänglich. Mißbrauch kann strafrechtlich und zivilrechtlich verfolgt werden.

Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre Zusammenarbeit.

Aye, cancelled indeed: http://www.uci-kinowelt.de/Bad_Oeynhausen/Programm/NewsEvents/3591/5

Edited by Schwarzgold

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mail also says people are gettng a full refund for any tix purchased in advance.

With the popularity of the german Rock am Ring show from 2006 I don't see how a theatrical screening of a Guns show would tank because of lack of interest, maybe technical problems or just poor promotion? I haven't seen a single ad for these screenings other than a trailer on YouTube.

London wasn't the best gig anyway, maybe they just want to come up with something better, perhaps a best of the Vegas residency?

I wonder if the production company is trying to cut their losses by releasing this overseas without the band's involvement - it probably cost a shitload of money to travel to the concert/film the concert, and not being able to take in revenue on the live web stream like they planned might be hurting their company.

Just got his official email, saying that the shows in German cinemas is cancelled due to claims of "copyrightholders and band management".

I didn't know sailaway spoke German.

Where do all her alt accounts claim to be from?

Sailway, Warchild, Pirate Chick.....are there others? Maybe one of them is from Germany!

With the popularity of the german Rock am Ring show from 2006 I don't see how a theatrical screening of a Guns show would tank because of lack of interest

Well, the day before the cancellation, 7 seats were sold in the specific cinema I had tickets for. :/

Edited by Schwarzgold

I can't really see how anyone thought this was a good idea.

1. I can't imagine there's much of a market anywhere in the world for pre-recorded concerts in movie theaters

2. It's Guns N' Roses, not a big popular pop act that kids are willing to go watch

3. It's New GNR, a band perceived as a joke by the general public

4. Axl sounded awful in the trailers

I can't really see how anyone thought this was a good idea.

1. I can't imagine there's much of a market anywhere in the world for pre-recorded concerts in movie theaters

2. It's Guns N' Roses, not a big popular pop act that kids are willing to go watch

3. It's New GNR, a band perceived as a joke by the general public

4. Axl sounded awful in the trailers

2 to 4 I agree on, but not number 1. Concerts in cinemas can be a very, very cool experience. And although such events will never generate income like movies, they are cool events with relatively small costs that lure people in the cinemas and remind them of them; a critical aspect for the cinemas nowadays.

I went to the cinema I purchased tickets for the showing on november 7th today, and they said that there will be only 1 screening and only two tickets have been sold so far (the 2 I purchased)...

not surprising really considering there's been zero promotion about it.