Guns N' Roses wish Happy Birthday to Robin Finck

Tyler Drama

If we're getting new music some day, I'd prefer to stick with DJ. If GnR has trully become a touring-only act (which is more probable), bring back Robin.

Wait...what?

I think DJ could bring more to the table as a songwriter than Robin. IMO, Better was luck.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're getting new music some day, I'd prefer to stick with DJ. If GnR has trully become a touring-only act (which is more probable), bring back Robin.

Wait...what?

I think DJ could bring more to the table as a songwriter than Robin. IMO, Better was luck.

Sorry, I'm not interested in some Sixx AM emo rock on a Guns N' Roses record.

Wait...what?

Trust me, that's NEVER gonna happen with GnR unless Axl wants to. DJ comes up with awesome riffs and I think there are few people better than Axl to work on them. HAve you heard that preview of Eli Roth's Goretorum DJ posted in Youtube? I can definitely see Axl working on that and coming up with something a la Aerosmith Rocks.

Wait...what?

Trust me, that's NEVER gonna happen with GnR unless Axl wants to. DJ comes up with awesome riffs and I think there are few people better than Axl to work on them. HAve you heard that preview of Eli Roth's Goretorum DJ posted in Youtube? I can definitely see Axl working on that and coming up with something a la Aerosmith Rocks.

Before Dj joined the band there were plenty of things I thought would "NEVER" happen with GNR too. Such as a nonstop redundant tour for 4 years after the album release, or Las Vegas residencies....and look where we are now.

I'm not interested in hearing his music. If they release the CD era material with Robin's guitar work intact, I could care less if they release an album with Ashba, but I'd rather not risk him ruining Robin's solos and get him out of the band now. It was bad enough when Ron played over Buckethead's work, but at least Ron is a competent musician. Dj needs to go.

FUCK YEAH!!!!

This is a glorious day. The Republicans get DESTROYED and the fucking man who can save GNR gets a B-day wish from the band. Robin 2013!!!!

GTFO DJ! No one fucking likes you! No one. And all these hacks who just blindly pretend to love everything the current band touches, will turn their backs on you and your shitty AshbaSWAG the SECOND you're sorry ass is out of here. We're sick of the shameless plugging, we're sick of the absolute RAPE of Slash and Robin's guitar work, we're sick of your fucking stuck-in-the-80's rock n' roll mentality and Motley Crue-like behavior. Since you've joined this band you've made it a fucking joke. A nostalgia act, of non-stop touring and broken promises. When GNR came back in 2001, it was a band of REAL musicians. New and different players that could have fucking changed the music industry. And you have taken EVERYTHING that made the 01 - 08 band special, and different and reverted GNR to a fucking dull shadow of what it once was - a glam rock band. It's 2012 - we want Robin. We want Oh My God and Silkworms. We want real passionate artistic players that have a fucking soul. Not a corporate emo cunt like you!

BRING BACK ROBIN!

Spread the word brothers and sisters. This upcoming year is OUR YEAR. We can do this. We can get this joke out of our favorite band and make Guns N' Roses what we've all wanted it to be for a long fucking time.

Robin is our lord and savior, now and forever - amen.

Yes, it is Dj's fault the band has become a nostalgia act, it is Dj's fault the band tour a lot, it is Dj's fault that the promises were broken (what promises?). Besides, Dj plays Slash's stuff a lot better than Robin ever did.

Now go and lie down for a bit.

Of course it's Dj's fault the band has become a nostalgia act. Before he joined the band, they were actually something new and different. SInce he's joined they've just reverted back to a hair band that tours endlessly. From 2001 - 2008 the band had a new look, a modern electronic vibe to the music, and they were just generally something unique and different. Since he joined the band, they've just lost all the things that made them special and unique. GNR just isn't interesting anymore because of Dj and his cockrock look, approach, and playing.

Dj has said a LOT to the fans, and literally NEVER tells the truth. He's done this countless times. Since 2010 he's gone on about the new album and how they were SOOO close to getting in the studio and putting it together, yet Ron confirmed in the MyGNR chat they still haven't done jack shit. He said the LA show last year would have a bunch of surprises and there wasn't a single one...the list goes on.

Dj does not play Slash's stuff better than Robin. He attempts to play it the same way, and just takes shortcuts and gives a generally dull performance. Yeah, he runs around and jumps up and down a lot on stage to compensate for his playing, but it really doesn't matter. He's just not a good player. Robin on the other hand actually made the solos his own. He didn't try to play them note for note. He gave his own interpretation of the music. He wasn't just a bad Slash copy. He was himself. As a guitar player and just a fan of music in general, I respected that. Some might have not loved his versions of the solos but at least he went out there and actually tried to do something unique. He just got lost in his own world when he played and you could see it when you watched him. He was a true artist and one of the most soulful players in music. Dj is nothing but a passion-less hack.

Finally the truth.

I have seen both Robin and DJ perform with Guns in person and I could not agree more with basically everything you said.

Fuck the corporate greatest hits glam rock appeasement bullshit.

Bring back the guitarist responsible for a good portion of the better stuff on Chinese Democracy and bring back his songwriting and bring back his hit and miss acid blues jams.

I'd take Robin over DJ any day BECAUSE he doesn't sound like Slash, is original in his choice of notes, authentic in his style and personality and even dares to fail and in that is ten times more the musician and artist DJ is.

Wait...what?

Before Dj joined the band there were plenty of things I thought would "NEVER" happen with GNR too. Such as a nonstop redundant tour for 4 years after the album release, or Las Vegas residencies....and look where we are now.

I'm not interested in hearing his music. If they release the CD era material with Robin's guitar work intact, I could care less if they release an album with Ashba, but I'd rather not risk him ruining Robin's solos and get him out of the band now. It was bad enough when Ron played over Buckethead's work, but at least Ron is a competent musician. Dj needs to go.

To each his own. I find Robin to be a better plater than DJ but he's got no ambition. He's fine with being in NIN for over a decade without being able to help with songwriting. He's fine with having ONE songwriting credit in CD after a decade of songwriting with Axl.

FUCK YEAH!!!!

This is a glorious day. The Republicans get DESTROYED and the fucking man who can save GNR gets a B-day wish from the band. Robin 2013!!!!

GTFO DJ! No one fucking likes you! No one. And all these hacks who just blindly pretend to love everything the current band touches, will turn their backs on you and your shitty AshbaSWAG the SECOND you're sorry ass is out of here. We're sick of the shameless plugging, we're sick of the absolute RAPE of Slash and Robin's guitar work, we're sick of your fucking stuck-in-the-80's rock n' roll mentality and Motley Crue-like behavior. Since you've joined this band you've made it a fucking joke. A nostalgia act, of non-stop touring and broken promises. When GNR came back in 2001, it was a band of REAL musicians. New and different players that could have fucking changed the music industry. And you have taken EVERYTHING that made the 01 - 08 band special, and different and reverted GNR to a fucking dull shadow of what it once was - a glam rock band. It's 2012 - we want Robin. We want Oh My God and Silkworms. We want real passionate artistic players that have a fucking soul. Not a corporate emo cunt like you!

BRING BACK ROBIN!

Spread the word brothers and sisters. This upcoming year is OUR YEAR. We can do this. We can get this joke out of our favorite band and make Guns N' Roses what we've all wanted it to be for a long fucking time.

Robin is our lord and savior, now and forever - amen.

Yes, it is Dj's fault the band has become a nostalgia act, it is Dj's fault the band tour a lot, it is Dj's fault that the promises were broken (what promises?). Besides, Dj plays Slash's stuff a lot better than Robin ever did.

Now go and lie down for a bit.

Of course it's Dj's fault the band has become a nostalgia act. Before he joined the band, they were actually something new and different. SInce he's joined they've just reverted back to a hair band that tours endlessly. From 2001 - 2008 the band had a new look, a modern electronic vibe to the music, and they were just generally something unique and different. Since he joined the band, they've just lost all the things that made them special and unique. GNR just isn't interesting anymore because of Dj and his cockrock look, approach, and playing.

Dj has said a LOT to the fans, and literally NEVER tells the truth. He's done this countless times. Since 2010 he's gone on about the new album and how they were SOOO close to getting in the studio and putting it together, yet Ron confirmed in the MyGNR chat they still haven't done jack shit. He said the LA show last year would have a bunch of surprises and there wasn't a single one...the list goes on.

Dj does not play Slash's stuff better than Robin. He attempts to play it the same way, and just takes shortcuts and gives a generally dull performance. Yeah, he runs around and jumps up and down a lot on stage to compensate for his playing, but it really doesn't matter. He's just not a good player. Robin on the other hand actually made the solos his own. He didn't try to play them note for note. He gave his own interpretation of the music. He wasn't just a bad Slash copy. He was himself. As a guitar player and just a fan of music in general, I respected that. Some might have not loved his versions of the solos but at least he went out there and actually tried to do something unique. He just got lost in his own world when he played and you could see it when you watched him. He was a true artist and one of the most soulful players in music. Dj is nothing but a passion-less hack.

Finally the truth.

I have seen both Robin and DJ perform with Guns in person and I could not agree more with basically everything you said.

Fuck the corporate greatest hits glam rock appeasement bullshit.

Bring back the guitarist responsible for a good portion of the better stuff on Chinese Democracy and bring back his songwriting and bring back his hit and miss acid blues jams.

I'd take Robin over DJ any day BECAUSE he doesn't sound like Slash, is original in his choice of notes, authentic in his style and personality and even dares to fail and in that is ten times more the musician and artist DJ is.

Agreed 100%

All the shit talking about DJ used to be about Robin back in the day...unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder why I come here at all....

True maybe, but the criticisms are usually different.

Having said that, wfse, if you're going to tell people get back on topic, then you're going to have to do the same. If you want a DJ vs Robin thread, then go start a separate one in Attitude; I mean, for once there's a thread about the guitarist you like in D&N and you still manage to bring DJ into it! Unreal man...

Two ways of looking at this message for me - it's either face-value, and just a birthday message for Robin (likely) or there's a chance he'll come play a few songs tonight? On the back of the Axl rehearsal picture I would have said maybe, but Vegas doesn't really seem like Robin's scene.

All the shit talking about DJ used to be about Robin back in the day...unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder why I come here at all....

True but is it really coming from the same people? I for one have always appreciated Robin not just when he was gone. Same goes for not appreciating DJ. The day I saw this guy I was sceptical but I came to the shows with an open mind giving him the benefit of the doubt and really wanting to like him but I just can't. I don't care how he looks, I just don't like his sound, playing and the corporate attitude he brings to the band. Saw Robin twice with Guns and twice with NIN and unlike DJ I never knew what I was up to musicially until he took me there with his music. Sometimes I liked it sometimes I didn't but the thing is it was real, original and unique where DJ is more like the McDonalds of guitar players.

You might not be lying. finck6 probably also believes that Dj has infiltrated the band and single-handedly changed its direction despite Axl's and the other band members' interests, but he wouldn't be able to express such delusional conspiracy theories as coherently as you are.

You're the only one expressing such delusional conspiracy theories pal. Don't put words in my mouth. I never said Dj single-handedly did anything.

Since [Dj Ashba] joined this band [he has made] it a fucking joke. A nostalgia act, of non-stop touring and broken promises.

Of course it's Dj's fault the band has become a nostalgia act.

As the quotes above prove you clearly said he was to blame for what has happened with GN'R. Nowhere did you imply that others were to blame, too.

Now skulk off and learn the difference between correlation and causality.

Edited by SoulMonster

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Finck is a cert to be guesting @ the Las Vegas residency some time.

But I wish it was as a member of GN'R rather than another honorary former associate of W. Axl Rose.

Finck is a cert to be guesting @ the Las Vegas residency some time.

But I wish it was as a member of GN'R rather than another honorary former associate of W. Axl Rose.

Who knows a real ex-member of GnR will still show up? I'd place my bets on Mr. Izzy Stradlin.

Edited by trqster

Having all available ex members in ONE show would be epic. Izzy for some 14 Years, Duff for some YCBM or Civil War, Robin for Better and This I Love. Top the whole thing off with Brain getting Buckethead to do TWAT with the band and a little "dueling guitars" solo with Ron, then play a new song with just the current lineup. No covers, no bullshit - just music.

Edited by sascha