G'NR have been in rehearsals untill 2am this morning at the Joint with Axl.

bumblecool

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which find it exciting that Axl and his employees are rehearsing. They've been a band for 14 years, how is this any news?

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which have thousands of posts about what they don't like about this band.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

@ the VMA 2002:

Of what relevance is that? I asked when did Axl rehearse with the band on the most recent Euro tour. Not since the beginning of the tours in 2001.

VMAs 2002 was a momentus occassion that demanded prep from Axl. I'm hoping GN'R are prepping a track that requires the same.

NewGNROldGNR-

I can't remember exactly what show it was, but there were pictures, and I was excited like many here are now because I thought it meant something as well. It turned out to be nothing, which is why I'm reserved about this one.

Axl rehearsed with the band before the Moscow show at the beginning of the recent Euro tour. There were pictures on here.

NewGNROldGNR-

I can't remember exactly what show it was, but there were pictures, and I was excited like many here are now because I thought it meant something as well. It turned out to be nothing, which is why I'm reserved about this one.

Axl rehearsed with the band before the Moscow show at the beginning of the recent Euro tour. There were pictures on here.

Thanks, I couldn't remember what show it was.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

NewGNROldGNR-

OK, so that rehearsal was in the context of beginning a stadium tour of Europe. But a random rehearsal, three dates into a residency, is less explainable.

I can't accept the idea it's to prep for the live broadcast, there have been other perhaps more high profile broadcasts such as Rio that Axl didn't adequately prepare in the form of rehearsals.

As oppose to tracks it could be related to a new aspect of the production like the 'in the air' November Rain spectacle.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which find it exciting that Axl and his employees are rehearsing. They've been a band for 14 years, how is this any news?

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which have thousands of posts about what they don't like about this band.

I'm fairly sure that less than 1500 of my posts are made in this section and far from everyone has been negative. It's just the last few years I've been negative, by the way, if you'd look back a few years, I wasn't this negative at all.

Hi all you negative forum friends. Of course this is something big!! He never rehearsed before singing Estranged for example. And that's a complex tune. So why would it be about an old song this time????

Something cooler is going on, I can feel it!.

Feel free to pick on me if I turn out to be wrong. If not...

Peeeez

I'm fairly sure that less than 1500 of my posts are made in this section and far from everyone has been negative. It's just the last few years I've been negative, by the way, if you'd look back a few years, I wasn't this negative at all.

A man with 17k posts does not need to justify his ways to a newcomer who has barely been around for half the shit that has gone down with this band on and off these forums.

A man with 17k posts does not need to justify his ways to a newcomer who has barely been around for half the shit that has gone down with this band on and off these forums.

Post count means jack shit.

Post count means jack shit.

Once in a while there's a post that actually makes sense around here..

If it's not for tonight, then for the 9th and even if the rehearsal is only to ensure good vocals, i'll be a happy camper, god damnit!!!

Edited by silverarrow

We have no idea how often Axl rehearses with the band. I'm sure he rehearsed states-side on Estranged before going to Rio. I bet he rehearses more often than anyone thinks. The simple truth is that there is no real data to support the claim that this rehearsal is something out of the ordinary. I hope we get new material this week in Vegas, but can anyone really be upset if it doesn't happen?

As far as the set list being stale, I really don't get that argument. They have added Estranged, Civil War and Riff in just the last 13 months. Not to mention the occasional You're Crazy, Used to Love Her, 14 Years, TWAT, OTGM, etc. How much of the show do you think they can actually change and still satisfy the majority of people attending ?

too bad that I've been here since 2006....... :lol:

We have no idea how often Axl rehearses with the band. I'm sure he rehearsed states-side on Estranged before going to Rio. I bet he rehearses more often than anyone thinks. The simple truth is that there is no real data to support the claim that this rehearsal is something out of the ordinary. I hope we get new material this week in Vegas, but can anyone really be upset if it doesn't happen?

As far as the set list being stale, I really don't get that argument. They have added Estranged, Civil War and Riff in just the last 13 months. Not to mention the occasional You're Crazy, Used to Love Her, 14 Years, TWAT, OTGM, etc. How much of the show do you think they can actually change and still satisfy the majority of people attending ?

He said before they played Estranged it was the first time he sang it in years.

In a way, it's slightly sad that seeing the band rehearse is such an abnormality....