G'NR have been in rehearsals untill 2am this morning at the Joint with Axl.

bumblecool

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is almost tooo obvious. I mean, they're going out of their fucking way to show that they had a rehrearsal last night and Axl was there. Fernando, Del and the GNR twitter have all posted it. And this latest pic is just...I mean they've got Axl right on the camera screen. It's like saying "LOOK AXL WAS AT REHEARSAL" and then with the message after "With only 9 shows left in the residency make sure you book your #vegas trip soon!" - I mean come on. If something doesn't happen tonight...

Edited by wfse

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which find it exciting that Axl and his employees are rehearsing. They've been a band for 14 years, how is this any news?

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which have thousands of posts about what they don't like about this band.

Dead on!!! Supposedly, many of these people are here for 'the community', when all they do is contribute to seeding venom and malice in the community of people who follow this band.

PS - That signature is FUCKING A-1. :rofl-lol: It made my day.

Pics or it didn't happen of Axl rehearsing with the band in Moscow. I can't recall seeing such pictures at the time, the only rehearsal footage I know of is Vma2002 and RIR2.

I do actually see this as promising, Axl never rehearses with the band. Think about it, he doesn't need to, he knows how to sing the songs (usually).

Remember Brain saying the first time they played with Axl was the first show (Vegas '01).

This is almost tooo obvious. I mean, they're going out of their fucking way to show that they had a rehrearsal last night and Axl was there. Fernando, Del and the GNR twitter have all posted it. And this latest pic is just...I mean they've got Axl right on the camera screen. It's like saying "LOOK AXL WAS AT REHEARSAL" and then with the message after "With only 9 shows left in the residency make sure you book your #vegas trip soon!" - I mean come on. If something doesn't happen tonight...

It intrigues me for these reasons.

It also could just be so they're ready for the livestream though.

Umm ok Wfse. Doesn't look like he's holding a mic there though, probably just dropping in checking out the stage :)

Just because he isn't holding a mic in that particular picture doesn't mean he didn't sing or rehearse. The mic could be on the drum riser, or on a micstand off screen. Also in the picture Axl looks like he's adjusting his earpeice - so this is probably in the beggining of the soundcheck when he was getting setup.

Pics or it didn't happen of Axl rehearsing with the band in Moscow. I can't recall seeing such pictures at the time, the only rehearsal footage I know of is Vma2002 and RIR2.

I do actually see this as promising, Axl never rehearses with the band. Think about it, he doesn't need to, he knows how to sing the songs (usually).

Remember Brain saying the first time they played with Axl was the first show (Vegas '01).

He rehearsed there

We have no idea how often Axl rehearses with the band. I'm sure he rehearsed states-side on Estranged before going to Rio. I bet he rehearses more often than anyone thinks. The simple truth is that there is no real data to support the claim that this rehearsal is something out of the ordinary. I hope we get new material this week in Vegas, but can anyone really be upset if it doesn't happen?

As far as the set list being stale, I really don't get that argument. They have added Estranged, Civil War and Riff in just the last 13 months. Not to mention the occasional You're Crazy, Used to Love Her, 14 Years, TWAT, OTGM, etc. How much of the show do you think they can actually change and still satisfy the majority of people attending ?

He said at Rio the band rehearsed Estranged twice and that was the first time he actually sang it himself in 18 years. Plus, there was also footage of just the rest of the band rehearsing Oh My God and Civil War on their own earlier in the venue the night Axl brought Civil War back to the setlist. I highly, highly doubt he rehearses with the rest of the band all that often. If he did, GNR wouldn't have even made a point of mentioning this.

It intrigues me for these reasons.

It also could just be so they're ready for the livestream though.

GNR never put up pics of him rehearsing for any of the other livestream shows, though. And judging by Axl's sub-par performance in most of them, it sure didn't look like he rehearsed anything.

Edited by Cruel Intentions

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which find it exciting that Axl and his employees are rehearsing. They've been a band for 14 years, how is this any news?

It's quite disturbing that there are people on here which have thousands of posts about what they don't like about this band.

Dead on!!! Supposedly, many of these people are here for 'the community', when all they do is contribute to seeding venom and malice in the community of people who follow this band.

+2

That's what I'd like to think, but I'm still putting my hopes in the back-burner. Who knows though.

Edited by IndiannaRose

Umm ok Wfse. Doesn't look like he's holding a mic there though, probably just dropping in checking out the stage :)

Just because he isn't holding a mic in that particular picture doesn't mean he didn't sing or rehearse. The mic could be on the drum riser, or on a micstand off screen. Also in the picture Axl looks like he's adjusting his earpeice - so this is probably in the beggining of the soundcheck when he was getting setup.

Get your eyes checked, both of you. He's holding a mic stand on that photo. You can clearly see the light reflection on it.

or The Shrugged and Atlas General!

Ides of the Soulmonster General, during March, on the Shrugged Atlas of Oklahoma w/ Seven intro and extended Thyme outro, a breakdown jam on Zodiac in the middle, and Buckethead playing drums using the nunchakus.

Vegas.

outside of the 5 or 10 fans of New Guns N Roses on this board, I doubt anyone who pays money to see them at the Joint wants to hear a New Song, if Axl announces this is a New song we have been working on, most in the crowd will see that as a time to go to the bathroom