Metallica St Anger - What do you think of it?

Towelie

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, it doesn't offend me like so many of the purist fans (but then I rank Load/Reload amongst their best albums). I would say Frantic, St Anger and Purify were all great tracks and whilst the album is far from their best work, it does get a raw deal from a lot of fans.

outside of 2 songs it is garbage, but that is 2 more good songs on it than what is on death magnetic

There's a remaster of Death Magnetic out there that actually makes it sound like an album. It isn't Ride the Lightning (though The Day That Never Comes is Fade to Black) but it's better than St Anger.

Also, I fucking love your sig.

garbage still better than Chinese democracy

I had to laugh out loud this has to be the biggest horeshit I`ve come across for a while Chinese Democracy shits all over it from over the hills and far away you better stick to Dizzy appreciation threads

Some klnd of Monster is the only halfway decent song the rest is fucking dog`s shit

Edited by Son of a Guns

That snare drum gets really annoying. It's hard to listen to the full album all the way through.

This. This is the only album of theirs I haven't properly listened to all the way through because the drumming is so barf-inducing.

I agree.

I was so disappointed hearing the album the first time. I like two songs, the rest is totally garbage, unlistenable even.

Crap album, hard to listen to. I understand the therapeutic place it has in Metallica history and that it needed to be done, but I just don't like it. A decent song or two, but as a whole it's just annoying the crap out of me. Can't really listen to it. It also makes me feel sort of Metallica trying to jump the fashionable metal train from back then.

Also, Cliff > Jason > Robert.

Crap album, hard to listen to. I understand the therapeutic place it has in Metallica history and that it needed to be done, but I just don't like it. A decent song or two, but as a whole it's just annoying the crap out of me. Can't really listen to it. It also makes me feel sort of Metallica trying to jump the fashionable metal train from back then.

i agree it might have saved the band no doubt, but the album is all kinds of bad, as for trends metallica has always been a band to jump on whatevers fashionable at the time

Robert is a MUCH better bassist than Jason. Jason's backing vocals are irreplaceable though.

Rob wipes floor with Jason as a bassist it`s not even close but like Bacardi said Jason`s backing vocals rocked

Granted he's the better bassplayer, but as a total package I'd definitely pick Jason over Robert. I don't like how Rob hops around like a monkey on stage either.