Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl 2013 Poll

cheesecake

GNR (just out of personal preference, cause the Stones were way more important and love them too)

zeppelin

AC/DC

beatles

metallica

van Halen

skynyrd

aerosmith

Strange list by the way. Weird combinations..

Think they wanted to save Beatles - Stones for last.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted GNR and they are currently ahead.

I know the Stones have done a lot for music and are pioneers but they are nothing compared to Guns N' Roses.

You`re joking right ?

Not at all. When I see Keith come up with solos's like shackler's, sweet child and Twat, or Mick can sing and write like like Axl then maybe I will change my mind.

I am a big fan of yours bro, but the Stones pretty much begat Acca Dacca and Aerosmith and together, they pretty much begat GN'R. Despite what Jack Black thinks, they're probably bigger than Led Zep and better than the Beatles. Anyhow, I am not going to choose AC/DC or GN'R over each other, so I am not participating in this poll.

Personally, I choose not to participate in this poll.

Ya the poll is quite silly and mismatched.

I voted for Guns N' Roses. I personally love both bands, and I do know that Stones is way bigger and more influent, but I have something with Guns. Anyway, they don't stand a chance on that poll. Even if they win this round, next round they would certainly get Zep.

I voted:

GnR vs Stones

Sabbath vs Zeppelin

AC//DC vs Kiss

Beatles vs Who

Metallica vs Pink Floyd

Crue vs Van Halen

Skynyrd vs Rush

Aerosmith vs ZZ Top

Stones vs. GnR was the only really difficult choice. Honestly, the Stones do have a greater legacy for music at large, but I'm personally more of a GnR fan, and this poll is about your own personal opinion, so Guns it was for me.

Edited by Flayer

Personally, Guns N 'Roses were the band that most influenced me, and marked my life ... That's why I voted for them and that's why I'm on this forum ... Comparing these two bands is stupid ... Rollingstones in this place lasting more than 40 years, guns N Roses lasted only sixth .. Stones are definitely the greatest band ever, but also there are now band in history with such a fast run like GNR ... Stones took 10 years to start filling stadiums and arenas , Guns only two ... On the other hand, only Axl Rose managed to bring together a brand new band and still filled arenas and stadiums around the world ... So shine Guns n roseš was relatively short, but it still takes ...There is no comparation between two great rock bands,there is only a poll...and I voted for Guns n Roses many times

I voted for Guns N' Roses. I personally love both bands, and I do know that Stones is way bigger and more influent, but I have something with Guns. Anyway, they don't stand a chance on that poll. Even if they win this round, next round they would certainly get Zep.

That may be true. But everybody can vote hourly and then we'll have a bunch of puzzled ultimate classic rock fans who consider AFD a half-decent album and GN'R getting another headline. Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Look out, The Stones are Rolling. I chalk it up to more media bias! GNR is too good to be playing the Rolling Stones and that whole jagerbomb.

On another note, I think UCR missed the boat by assuring a first round bow out by Guns, and subsequently missing out on the chance to pit GNR against Metallica, a true musical, and somewhat personal rivalry.

Hahah, as much as I love GNR, going against Led Zep is impossible. I mean, not saying that GNR won't win the poll because of crazy obsessed online fans ( :P ), but in reality the majority would overwhelmingly pick LZ, and not without reason.