Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl 2013 Poll

cheesecake

Only two tracks from Zeppelin's self-titled debut album were 100% original creations, as far as the world knows - that's the opening track "Good Times, Bad Times" and "Your Time Is Gonna Come". All the others are a mish-mash of older tracks written by musicians who were too poor to fight the might of Zeppelin's lawyers.

GNR is on Billboard Top #104 this week and GH has been 259 weeks on Top 200 Albums. Hence, there are more fans out there who followed GNR than we think we're the only ones here (199 members?)

http://www.billboard...&order=position

Edit:

It's a fun to vote but it's funnier seeing GNR-fans unhappy winning the poll.

GNR-fans unhappy winning the poll.

LOL this is true to those who hurt so much seeing GNR on top.

Being a fan does n`t mean that you have to be a brainless and blind fanboy not to realize that Led Zeppelin kills Guns N`Roses in every way possible

Led Zeppelin Chronic Plagiarism

Only two tracks from Zeppelin's self-titled debut album were 100% original creations, as far as the world knows - that's the opening track "Good Times, Bad Times" and "Your Time Is Gonna Come". All the others are a mish-mash of older tracks written by musicians who were too poor to fight the might of Zeppelin's lawyers.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9b2_1340718897

Stairway to Heaven is copied too?

Above said, Slash is way better than Page.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR is on Billboard Top #104 this week and GH has been 259 weeks on Top 200 Albums. Hence, there are more fans out there who followed GNR than we think we're the only ones here (199 members?)

Edit:

Being a fan does n`t mean that you have to be a brainless and blind fanboy not to realize that Led Zeppelin kills Guns N`Roses in every way possible

Led Zeppelin Chronic Plagiarism

http://www.liveleak....=9b2_1340718897

Stairway to Heaven is copied too?

Above said, Slash is way better than Page.

Muahahahahahahaahahaha this made me laugh that`s what I mean when I say that big majority of GNR fans are morons who don`t know jackshit about Rock music come on kid wake up get reality check Slash can`t hold bag of Pagey`s broken strings he himself will tell you the same "they stole from other musicians" argument is very weak and worn out they did n`t steal anything they paid tribute to their idols on their first two albums do you see difference ? seriously, never say again outiside of this forum that Slash is better than Page or you`be a laughing stock and you`ll be embarrased of your own stupidity

Edited by Son of a Guns

"Paid tribute"? Haha. Is that what it's called when you take other people's music and don't credit them?

Led Zeppelin were plagiarists. Talented musicians? Absolutely. But in the words of Nikki Sixx, "Jimmy Page never heard a riff he didn't steal."

The end.

I'm glad Gn"R are beating them in this poll right now and angering all these diehard Led Zep fans.

"Paid tribute"? Haha. Is that what it's called when you take other people's music and don't credit them?

Led Zeppelin were plagiarists. Talented musicians? Absolutely. But in the words of Nikki Sixx, "Jimmy Page never heard a riff he didn't steal."

The end.

I'm glad Gn"R are beating them in this poll right now and angering all these diehard Led Zep fans.

Yeah and Mck Mars has the best riffs of all times oh the irony screw motley poo

Edited by Son of a Guns

The end.

:lol:

The end.

I don't think GN'R fans should be throwing stones on the issue of character. Axl Rose has written and sang some despicable lyrics over the years, whether it's the racist and homophobic crap in One In A Million or the incredibly immature garbage in Get In The Ring. He's also caused riots and put people in danger as a result. He treats his fans with zero respect by showing up 3 hours late to every concert.

Edit:

Edit:

wtf you talkin about...?in which way they killed the guns...Every led zeppelin song have 2 gnr song...litteraly axl is genious for plant...Zepellin menager was gangster...Jimmy Page was satanicts...GNR is the best fuckin band

http://www.billboard...;order=position

Edit:

http://www.billboard...;order=position

Edit:

wtf you talkin about...?in which way they killed the guns...Every led zeppelin song have 2 gnr song...litteraly axl is genious for plant...Zepellin menager was gangster...Jimmy Page was satanicts...GNR is the best fuckin band

WTF ?

Ah who cares it is just a poll, this whole Zep vs. GNR thing will probably go nowhere

It especially doesn't matter because if the poll can be swayed so much by a small group of persistent fans, the poll really isn't a true representative anyway. Because either way I still can't believe so many people think AC/DC are better than The Beatles lol

]wtf you talkin about...?in which way they killed the guns...Every led zeppelin song have 2 gnr song...litteraly axl is genious for plant...Zepellin menager was gangster...Jimmy Page was satanicts...GNR is the best

i prefer gnr to led, but dude wtf have u been taking ? lol

Ah who cares it is just a poll, this whole Zep vs. GNR thing will probably go nowhere

It especially doesn't matter because if the poll can be swayed so much by a small group of persistent fans, the poll really isn't a true representative anyway. Because either way I still can't believe so many people think AC/DC are better than The Beatles lol

AC/DC is closer to the Beatles in popularity than GN'R is to the Rolling Stones (or even Zeppelin). Stones have had huge tours the last 30 years. GN'R struggles to get 10,000 people to show up for their gigs. But GN'R beat the Stones in this poll. Why? Because of the dorks on this website obsessing over it, that's why.

I'm voting GN'R as that's the band closest to my heart.

But I've got to say, it's really embarrassing to see some of the comments about Zeppelin here. Slash better than Page? Hahaha. You sound like 14 year old Justin Bieber fans.

tumblr_m5qn9cWm7v1qz80pso1_500.jpg

Ive been sitting in my closet chanting this all day...

]wtf you talkin about...?in which way they killed the guns...Every led zeppelin song have 2 gnr song...litteraly axl is genious for plant...Zepellin menager was gangster...Jimmy Page was satanicts...GNR is the best

i prefer gnr to led, but dude wtf have u been taking ? lol

Edited by T.wa.T

Ah who cares it is just a poll, this whole Zep vs. GNR thing will probably go nowhere It especially doesn't matter because if the poll can be swayed so much by a small group of persistent fans, the poll really isn't a true representative anyway. Because either way I still can't believe so many people think AC/DC are better than The Beatles lol
Ah who cares it is just a poll, this whole Zep vs. GNR thing will probably go nowhere It especially doesn't matter because if the poll can be swayed so much by a small group of persistent fans, the poll really isn't a true representative anyway. Because either way I still can't believe so many people think AC/DC are better than The Beatles lol
AC/DC is closer to the Beatles in popularity than GN'R is to the Rolling Stones (or even Zeppelin). Stones have had huge tours the last 30 years. GN'R struggles to get 10,000 people to show up for their gigs. But GN'R beat the Stones in this poll. Why? Because of the dorks on this website obsessing over it, that's why.

I don't see a small group voting on this poll. Each person can vote .01% every hour or a dork's average of .08% each day. Simple math and analysis.

As mentioned earlier, GNR has huge FB followers, Top Charts on Billboard, tops trending news, winning survey polls by you called small groups, etc.

BEST OF 2012 Catalog Albums - GNR #5

http://www.billboard...lbums?year=2012

BEST OF 2012 Catalog Artists - GNR #8

http://www.billboard...tists?year=2012

BILLBOARD 200 - GNR #104

In my generation who listens The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin? There's no doubt and questions that those old bands were really good. But where were they since I was a kid I've never heard of them.

Or let alone late-80's where GNR was once the biggest Band in the Whole World. Music industry says 'GNR saved the Rock music'. From that generation should you hate GNR there were Metallica, Poison, Skidrow, BJ, U2, VH, Motley, Warrant, DLeppard to Radiohead, Nirvana, PJ, GreenDay and many more that fit the trend or Rick Astley if you will. :awesomeface:

Well, because of GNR kind of music I still have mp3 selections of Queen, Deep Purple, LedZep, RS and John Lennon's solo.

Edit: I'm now into Muse, Linkin Park, 30seconds to Mars, Eminem, BEP, and other new artists

Edited by axlrod

I don't think GN'R fans should be throwing stones on the issue of character. Axl Rose has written and sang some despicable lyrics over the years, whether it's the racist and homophobic crap in One In A Million or the incredibly immature garbage in Get In The Ring. He's also caused riots and put people in danger as a result. He treats his fans with zero respect by showing up 3 hours late to every concert.

lol ur an active member here yet u still see axl has a racist guy who treats fans with zero respect ? lol...

We already won practically. Next one is against AC/DC or The Beatles. I don't know which would be harder to beat. Both have some huge fanbase on the internet.

im voting the beatles...i want to see gnr vs the beatles, even if it means we will lose :)

lol ur an active member here yet u still see axl has a racist guy who treats fans with zero respect ? lol...

You can be a fan of a person's music and still acknowledge their flaws. Apparently this concept is difficult for you to understand.

The end.

You don't have to be a musical genius to critique someone for stealing music.

Just as I don't have to be a director or actor to shit all over a bad movie.

Or a world-class athlete to say a baseball player can't hit the broad side of a barn.

That's such a dumb argument you're trying to make.