Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl 2013 Poll

cheesecake

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the other results, and The Beatles are almost there on beating AC/DC, it will be a tough one. Aerosmith was raped by Rush and Van Halen bet Pink Floyd! How come?!

Well, with those results, if we beat The Beatles I think we have a pretty good chance.

"Paid tribute"? Haha. Is that what it's called when you take other people's music and don't credit them?

Led Zeppelin were plagiarists. Talented musicians? Absolutely. But in the words of Nikki Sixx, "Jimmy Page never heard a riff he didn't steal."

The end.

I'm glad Gn"R are beating them in this poll right now and angering all these diehard Led Zep fans.

Yeah and Mck Mars has the best riffs of all times oh the irony screw motley poo

You don't have to be a musical genius to critique someone for stealing music.

Just as I don't have to be a director or actor to shit all over a bad movie.

Or a world-class athlete to say a baseball player can't hit the broad side of a barn.

That's such a dumb argument you're trying to make.

Yours is much dumber once again fuck Niki Sixx and motley poo

Edited by Son of a Guns

"Paid tribute"? Haha. Is that what it's called when you take other people's music and don't credit them?

Led Zeppelin were plagiarists. Talented musicians? Absolutely. But in the words of Nikki Sixx, "Jimmy Page never heard a riff he didn't steal."

The end.

I'm glad Gn"R are beating them in this poll right now and angering all these diehard Led Zep fans.

Or a world-class athlete to say a baseball player can't hit the broad side of a barn.

My argument is based on fact. Yours seems to be blind fanboyism. That's OK. I guess if I found out Guns N' Roses stole all their riffs and songs on AfD, I'd be pretty upset and defensive too.

i voted GNR in the previous 2 rounds (though voting against Led Zep was tough for me).

This is where I choose to abstain. The Beatles are the fucking Beatles, man.

Also, how the hell is Van Halen doing so well? Do they have a similarly rabid/insane online presence like GNR has?

Zeppelin vs Guns was the most difficult one for me.

I have a lot of respect for Beatles, but this is the easiest one so far imo. I like the Stones and Zeppelin more than Beatles.

2AdLt0I.gif

Hahaha is that from Vegas? Looks like Axl is having a great time!

Edited by Jeez

The end.

My argument is based on fact. Yours seems to be blind fanboyism. That's OK. I guess if I found out Guns N' Roses stole all their riffs and songs on AfD, I'd be pretty upset and defensive too.

You sound like a broken record repeating same bullshit over and over again time to come up with new "arguments" wanna talk about stealing ? UTLH is shameless rip off of Stones` Dead Flowers same chord progression, same rhythm with differnt words openning riff and chord progression of Don`t Cry were stolen from Hanoi Rocks. I`m a fanboy ? don`t make me laugh please you voted over and over and over again for GNR during the poll and I`m a fanboy ? the irony is burning here

Edited by Son of a Guns

GUNS N’ ROSES VS. THE BEATLES – ULTIMATE CLASSIC ROCK BOWL 2013, ROUND THREE

by Matthew Wilkening

VOTE HERE

BeatlesGNR.jpg

4Bracket.jpg

The semifinal round of the 2013 Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl kicks off with another battle between generations: one of the most popular bands of the last 25 years, Guns N’ Roses, against perhaps the most influential group of all time, the Beatles.

At the start of the month, 16 of rock’s biggest acts began battling each other in a series of single-elimination matches to determine the true champion of the genre; four groups remain. Guns N’ Roses earned their spot by defeating two legendary groups — the Rolling Stones in round one, and Led Zeppelin (54 to 46%) in round two. Meanwhile, the Beatles ousted the Who in their first battle and narrowly edged AC/DC (51 to 49%) last week.

Who will get your vote – the group who pretty much single-handedly saved rock and roll by wiping hair metal off the map, or the four Liverpool lads that essentially wrote the vocabulary of popular music? You can vote once per hour in each of the semifinal matches from now until Sunday, Jan. 27 at 11:59 PM ET.

The 2013 Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl champ will be announced Feb. 4 — the day after the Super Bowl.

source: Ultimate Classic Rock