The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

The show was great. Probably in my Top 5 concerts. No Damaged Soul, but maybe I'll get lucky in Holmdel or Philly.

Meeting Ozzy was so surreal. Some people might not think it was worth it but I do and don't regret spending the money one bit. Ozzy got a kick out of my "mugshot" shirt also and started to laugh and said "I remember that." So awesome. Getting the signature tatted later today.

1094535_651136364910841_721756775_o.jpg

Also when we went to take the picture he first had his arm around me but quickly changed his mind and did the "choking" pose which was awesome. He only did one more later and that's because the lady asked, but mine was spontaneous :awesomeface:

Holmdel gig was good but the view from the seats sucked and weren't worth the money at all. I still enjoyed the show hut wish I had just gotten lawn seats instead, really.

Oh well, the show was still good and I'm looking forward to Philly next Saturday. Hoping they break out Damaged Soul at one of these shows at least.

Nah, still the same set. Ozzy-solo sometimes mixes his set up depending upon city and everything but Sabbath seems to be pretty static. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap out End of the Beginning or God is Dead? for Damanged Soul sometime on the tour though since they soundchecked it at least once.

Unless they're like Gn'R and like to soundcheck songs they won't actually play :lol: But Ozzy was singing during the soundcheck, so that's why I think they'll play it eventually here.

They definitely are. In my opinion, at least.

People can say whatever they want about Ozzy, but when you see him live, solo or with Sabbath, you can tell he loves doing what he's doing. He really does love seeing the fans out there and does a great job of getting them going.

How does he sound in a live setting? I'm attending the Toronto show next week :)

They definitely are. In my opinion, at least.

People can say whatever they want about Ozzy, but when you see him live, solo or with Sabbath, you can tell he loves doing what he's doing. He really does love seeing the fans out there and does a great job of getting them going.

How does he sound in a live setting? I'm attending the Toronto show next week :)

I think he sounds good. Better on some songs than others. With Ozzy, you come to accept that he's going to be patchy at times and just live with it and enjoy the show. Not saying it's bad at all (in my opinion), but I think you'll have a good time. I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Also, Ozzy did sound noticeably better last night, especially on Age of Reason which he seems to been having somewhat of a difficult time with. He was pretty much in tune the whole time.

Also, PNC Bank Arts Center sucks and should be bulldozed to the ground :lol:

Just got back from the gig! They were offering pavilion upgrades for 15 extra bucks but I ended up just picking up a lawn seat at the show. I was worried about attendance since I have never seen them do this but it turns out Pine Knob/ DTE was packed! I got there literally as the sirens went off for War Pigs so it was perfect timing. Sound was really good, Tony and Geezer were absolutely incredible. I was really happy with how audible Geezer was and Tony had a fantastic tone throughout the night. Tommy Clufetos surprisingly blew me away. I saw him with Ozzy in 2011 and I dont think he stood out that much there (he was fine, just not as memorable) for some reason tonight, he was fucking awesome. The drums were loud and powerful and he had a ton of great fills. His solo was good too but was a little long. It sucks Bill isnt a part of this but I have to give Tommy his dues, he brought everything together tonight.

Now for Ozzy... I hate to say it but he seemed worse than when I saw him in '11. He was completely out of key a lot and it was pretty noticeable especially on Into the Void, Age of Reason, and Children of the Grave. He had some pretty good moments though like NIB and Snowblind but it is pretty apparent his best vocal days are behind him. Id defiantly take Axl now than how Ozzy is. That being said, it did not take anything away from the show in any way. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else there singing this show (although I would have loved to see Dio- Sabbath too), and it was awesome seeing Ozzy, Geezer, and Tony together. Its true too, when you are at a live show and the guitars and stuff are as loud as they are combined with the energy, crowd, and joy of seeing a band you love live, you tend to not notice things like a few bad vocals and when you do notice them, they don't mess anything up. At least they don't unless they are really terrible and I certainly don't think Ozzy is that terrible currently. All in all, a very good gig and I'm thrilled I have finally seen Black fucking Sabbath after all these years!