Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sounds fine.

I don't understand why so many people who hate the band and or Axl take time out of their lives to post on a forum dedicated to Guns N Roses.

Truly one of the great mysteries of this forum :D

Ali

Because we're pissed at the lack of initiative on Axl's part. He owns the GNR name and this is what he does with it? Gotta vent somewhere.

He sounds fine.

I don't understand why so many people who hate the band and or Axl take time out of their lives to post on a forum dedicated to Guns N Roses.

Well then I assume you could also listen to a flushing toilet and still have fun.

Axl sounds awful!

End of story!

He sounds fine.

Ali

Because we're pissed at the lack of initiative on Axl's part. He owns the GNR name and this is what he does with it? Gotta vent somewhere.

Exactly. Critisicm doesn't mean you hate the band or Axl. You know they can do better than that

My first impression of Paradise City is that it sucks. It is disorganzed (see homepage - holy shit. it is just a free-for-all. all kinds of random shit just thrown up there.). It is not intuitive to navigate and operate. It is not creative. It is not pleasing to interact with. All-in-all, it was not given a lot of thought, design, or care.

Its like the Chinese Democracy album.

He sounds fine.

Ali

There's a difference between being a fan and being a sycophant.

He sounds fine.

Ali

And there's a difference between being a fan and bitching or complaining or criticising at every turn. There are some here, not saying you Randy, but some, who have nothing positive to say about the new band, or post the same criticisms over and over. At at certain point, if it's not doing it for you, it may be time to consider moving on and spending your time/energy discussing something that is exciting or enjoyable for you.

He sounds fine.

Ali

Exactly. Critisicm doesn't mean you hate the band or Axl. You know they can do better than that

First off, there was some sarcasm on my part, as evidenced by the smiley face. 2nd, for me personally, it's not the criticism that is bewildering so much as it is the same criticisms being posted over and over again that I find rather pointless. For instance, we all want new music, but if complaining about it ad nauseum could help bring about the release of new music sooner, then we would've had Chinese Democracy come out much sooner.

Ali

Edited by Ali

My first impression of Paradise City is that it sucks. It is disorganzed (see homepage - holy shit. it is just a free-for-all. all kinds of random shit just thrown up there.). It is not intuitive to navigate and operate. It is not creative. It is not pleasing to interact with. All-in-all, it was not given a lot of thought, design, or care.

Its like the Chinese Democracy album.

I agree

He sounds fine.

Ali

Ouch. :lol:

He sounds fine.

no he does not sound fine. My wife came into the computer room and though it was a cover singer doing a shitty job. It is not the best vocal performance by Axl at all. To say it's fine is seriously making things worse, if everyone tells him it's fine every time it is not he will not rest that voice and will continue to sound like that. Compare other vids, Axl does not sound anywhere near fine on this clip, it's the truth. I aint no hater, but I aint deaf either. I am sure if Axl listened to this and he will, this will not be released like this, sucks for us because even though he does not sound great I am dying to see a bluray of these guys.

Having said all this, he is allowed to have off days, he is human after all.

Edited by gunsguy

He sounds fine.

no he does not sound fine. My wife came into the computer room and though it was a cover singer doing a shitty job. It is not the best vocal performance by Axl at all. To say it's fine is seriously making things worse, if everyone tells him it's fine every time it is not he will not rest that voice and will continue to sound like that. Compare other vids, Axl does not sound anywhere near fine on this clip, it's the truth. I aint no hater, but I aint deaf either. I am sure if Axl listened to this and he will, this will not be released like this, sucks for us because even though he does not sound great I am dying to see a bluray of these guys.

Having said all this, he is aloud to have off days, he is human after all.

It's not an issue of vocal rest or not. It's about how he chooses to sing and what tone he's going for. And I love how people assume that he's unaware of how he sounds or how he's singing. That would only make sense if this was unintended, which I don't believe it is.

Ali

He sounds fine.

It's not an issue of vocal rest or not. It's about how he chooses to sing and what tone he's going for. And I love how people assume that he's unaware of how he sounds or how he's singing. That would only make sense if this was unintended, which I don't believe it is.

Ali

I believe it has ALOT to do with vocal rest, he does not rest his voice between gigs. So when the show comes he CAN'T sing it the way you want to hear it, yes he is choosing this because if he did it the right way the strain would blow his throat out. He needs to rest the voice more during off times and not on stage...

Edited by gunsguy

He sounds fine.

Ali

I believe it has ALOT to do with vocal rest, he does not rest his voice between gigs. So when the show comes he CAN'T sing it the way you want to hear it, yes he is choosing this because if he did it the right way the strain would blow his throat out. He needs to rest the voice more during off times and not on stage...

Sorry Gunsguy, but I don't buy it at all. It's more to do with technique than anything, like breath control, how open or closed the throat is, etc.. He uses a raspier tone at certain parts of certain songs if you listen closely. I noticed it during the last couple of Vegas residency shows I was at that it was consistent in terms of what parts of what songs. So, it is a selectively employed technique, IMO.

Ali

What do you mean by he doesn't rest his voice...? Talking a lot or singing a lot?

Talking, yelling, singing off stage yes. He needs to rest more off time then he does IMHO.

He sounds fine.

Ali

Sorry Gunsguy, but I don't buy it at all. It's more to do with technique than anything, like breath control, how open or closed the throat is, etc.. He uses a raspier tone at certain parts of certain songs if you listen closely. I noticed it during the last couple of Vegas residency shows I was at that it was consistent in terms of what parts of what songs. So, it is a selectively employed technique, IMO.

Ali

I agree he is selectively using it when he feels he can without doing damage. Back when Guns were on the illusions tour he mangled his voice alot, listen to some of the gigs his voice was fucked up, rasp back then? Was more like razor blades in his throat. There is a fine line I suppose.

I would bet if he choose to rest more on off time it would reflect better on stage. Sometimes he is dead on sometimes not, why would that be?

guys, please stop talking about his voice. just say that it sounds great and move along.

I would if it was great!

Ali, you thought Axl sounded fine at the Bridge School. It's tough to take you seriously sometimes.

No, I thought it was overdramatized how bad his performance was, especially in comparison to RIR 2011 and even the 2002 VMAs. There's a difference. Please don't put words in my mouth.

What do you mean by he doesn't rest his voice...? Talking a lot or singing a lot?

Talking, yelling, singing off stage yes. He needs to rest more off time then he does IMHO.

He sounds fine.

Ali

Ali

I agree he is selectively using it when he feels he can without doing damage. Back when Guns were on the illusions tour he mangled his voice alot, listen to some of the gigs his voice was fucked up, rasp back then? Was more like razor blades in his throat. There is a fine line I suppose.

I would bet if he choose to rest more on off time it would reflect better on stage. Sometimes he is dead on sometimes not, why would that be?

guys, please stop talking about his voice. just say that it sounds great and move along.

I would if it was great!

In the 90's what he was doing with and to his voice went beyond using rasp. Several shows on the Metallica tour were postponed because his vocal issues. And I think he's been far more consistent in the use of his clean vocal tone, and on what songs/what parts of songs he uses a raspier tone, than what you suggest.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ali, you thought Axl sounded fine at the Bridge School. It's tough to take you seriously sometimes.

No, I thought it was overdramatized how bad his performance was, especially in comparison to RIR 2011 and even the 2002 VMAs. There's a difference. Please don't put words in my mouth.

He sounds fine.

Ali

Ali

I would if it was great!

In the 90's what he was doing with and to his voice went beyond using rasp. Several shows on the Metallica tour were postponed because his vocal issues. And I think he's been far more consistent in the use of his clean vocal tone, and on what songs/what parts of songs he uses a raspier tone, than what you suggest.

Ali

the Metallica shows were a completely different problem than Axl's voice alone...