Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

Many people keep clamoring on Axl's vocals like that's the only thing that matters.

Guns N' Roses are going to release their first live DVD in over 20 years. That's enough for any GN'R fan to buy the DVD.

+1

This. I'm just happy we're getting something. Of course, Axl's vocals are really weak in the video but I don't mind it if we're really getting an HD, 3D performance of the band that included Catcher.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and there's the high possibility axl won't accept the release of the concert. i'll believe it when i see it. i'll download it and take a look... but i think axl should redo the vocals in studio...

The clip was posted on the GN'R twitter, so I think it'll be a official release. This is different from the London show which GN'R never mentioned was being released or anything of that nature.

but you can see it's another try. i'm sure london was ok until axl gave it a NO. same with this. axl doesn't even know gnr has a twitter account....

I'm pretty sure the lead singer of Guns N' Roses knows the band has a twitter account.

he even retweeted some tweets from Gn'R..

How anyone can think Axl sounds good here is beyond me. Now I will admit that his voice is more stable, which lends support to the notion that this is how he is CHOOSING to sing, rather than this being the ONLY way he is able to sing.

Regardless, it just doesn't work. Axl singing like this sounds awful. The vocal just doesn't have the menace, anger, urgency and venom that is needed to make it sound like how it should. It reminds me of Myles Kennedy - the voice/delivery just doesn't do the song justice.

While I am not surprised that the cult drones here think this is great, I am surprised at other individuals thinking this is great, a rather depressing lowering of expectations and standards.

If this is a harbinger of what to expect in the years ahead I hope Axl see's the light and puts GNR down for good rather than embarrass himself any further.

The only embarrassing thing here is your professional trolling.

Ad hominem cupcake. That is you.

Many people keep clamoring on Axl's vocals like that's the only thing that matters.

Guns N' Roses are going to release their first live DVD in over 20 years. That's enough for any GN'R fan to buy the DVD.

I think this is why people are generally upset about it.

It's the first official DVD release under the "GNR" name in over 20 years, and Axl's coming off as a severe has been. Not saying that's how he sings all the time nowadays, but these vocal performances were particularly weak. Very weak. That's a real important aspect seeing how the vast majority of the general public only really care about Axl when it comes to nu guns, and sadly, he's the weakest link. Not really the best recipe for a comeback.

I'm still calling that Axl will come to his senses and have this release cancelled. Very rarely do these kinds of things actually come into fruition when it comes to Axl. But if not, I'm truly embarrassed for him.

did you watch the jimmy kimmel interview?

dude...he was clearly joking...do u know what humor is ?

:lol: we know that some so called fans cant seem to grasp simple concepts and understand sarcasm and jokes but that one takes the cake. :lol:

yeah, you two keeping thinking like that. maybe one day team brazil will control your lives too.

:lol: we know that some so called fans cant seem to grasp simple concepts and understand sarcasm and jokes but that one takes the cake. :lol:

yeah, you two keeping thinking like that. maybe one day team brazil will control your lives too.

lol fans like u always see things in they're own very personal way and end up with distorced views and opinions about axl/guns/tbrazil...

i think it's pretty clear axl was joking...hell he even CLEARLY says that he knows and uses tweeter in the very same interview a few seconds later. do u really think team brazil or anyone can control axl's life ? they can talk him down from doing certain things or talk him to do others but control him ? lol

lol fans like u always see things in they're own very personal way and end up with distorced views and opinions about axl/guns/tbrazil...

i think it's pretty clear axl was joking...hell he even CLEARLY says that he knows and uses tweeter in the very same interview a few seconds later. do u really think team brazil or anyone can control axl's life ? they can talk him down from doing certain things or talk him to do others but control him ? lol

axl hates the internet and yes, team brazil does most of the job. almost controlling what he posts/sees on the internet. read canter banter more often and you'll see it's reality, not conspiracy.

Ouch. Those youtube comments are just ruthless.

I just don't get it. Axl knows they had the Vegas stuff coming up and possible dvd releases. Wouldn't he then think that he should get in shape before that when a GNR dvd will be showed all over the world??

Instead, he might be in his worst physical shape ever...

This

I just don't get it. Axl knows they had the Vegas stuff coming up and possible dvd releases. Wouldn't he then think that he should get in shape before that when a GNR dvd will be showed all over the world??

Lazy bum has given up. Just preparing that good ol' pile o' money for his big ass retirement in 5 years or so. Jackass should come clean and just say what the hell his plans are.

Well guys, reaction in Brazil is really bad. Some people remembering the Rock in Rio fiasco. Axl's voice is so weak that looks like not having Slash on it is not the biggest problem. Brazilian fans are the last to give up on the band, regardless of the formation. But the general opinion is bad. Maybe this release is a mistake. Maybe a record with good vocals from Axl would be the best choice right now.

There's nothing artistic about the show, they are releasing it for money. I'm not sure this is the way Axl works. Hopefully he will find out this is happening and will deny its release.

You bunch of fucks! :lol:

I haven't watched it until now, after reading the comments I thought it was gonna be pure mickey, gasping every 2nd word, fuckin' horrid and unlistenable.

The intro was pretty weak, but once the song kicks in he sounds fine. I keep forgetting that a lot of people who complain now complained just as much in 2010 :jerkoff:

There's nothing artistic about the show, they are releasing it for money.

I will never understand people who 'complain' because a musician is releasing something for the money. It's their job, you know? It's how they earn money. Why do you go to work? You find your passion, something you like to do, and then you try make that your job - a way to earn money. That's basically every musicians dreams. Or you can release stuff for free and have a side job at mcdonalds.

Anyway, it's been 20 years since they've released a live dvd. You can complaing about Axls' vocals all you want but fact is this is how he sings in 2012. I'm very pleased he isn't re-recording and editing them.. I hate that. Might as well just use playback live in the future then.

Edited by Jeez