Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the comments of the Rolling Stone article plugging this if you all still think Axl's performance "wasn't that bad" (lmfao), and that this is a good idea to release for public consumption. Almost every single comment posted was negative.

As if the general public consensus of Axl's current venture isn't bad enough already...

http://www.rollingst...n-city-20130122

It'll get cancelled. Sure as day. Unless Axl is a complete delusional twat to think this is a good idea.

I don't think this an accurate gauge of a general consensus. If it was there would be no tickets sold and no demand for live shows. What I do think is that it is like this forum, everyone is waiting for the opportunity to cupcake. The same tired people spewing their negativity and the others tired of being spoken over. The people who believe in Axl learned a long time, save a few, to enjoy the ride (while it lasts) and not to feed the cupcakes. Its funny that it seems the cupcakes feed their own kind. Every person I spoke with at the shows I've seen seemed pretty positive about Axl and GNR which seems opposite to the "public consensus" you mention. Gather a consensus from actual GNR fans.

The general consensus from the general public who don't follow every single "GNR" event that takes place, is that "GNR" is nothing more than a parody of it's former self, a nostalgia, cover show starring Axl Rose and his buddies. That's it. Hate to break it to you guy, but we, as in the people that post here, make up the MINORITY of the tickets sold and the money in Axl's pocket. And even if you wanted to take a general consensus of "GNR" fans, meaning...dur...people spending time posting on GNR forums...the consensus in this thread has been mainly negative.

I'm not saying that he's, in fact, a total wash up, but there is still A LOT of talk about that kinda of negative thing floating around, and stuff like this performance, doesn't help.

You see, every once and a while, Axl gets a chance to strut his stuff in front of a wide audience with his current outfit. And, for whatever reason (Rio, Bridge School, 2002 VMAs), he usually crashes and burns. This is the first official DVD release under the "GNR" in over 20 years, and judging by the public feedback so far, this is seeming like a deterrent to take Axl seriously rather than an eye opener that Axl's still got it. It's doing nothing but adding fuel to an already well lit, nasty fire.

Edited by Bobbo

To be honest, a lot of people I know saw Reading highlights on TV over here and told me how awful they thought Axl sounded and people here now hold that up as an example of when his voice was better just because it had some rasp to it then.

Even a 2010 clip up somewhere probably wouldn't have loads of positive comments from the general public regarding his voice. Of course the irony is at every show I have been to everyone around me has talked about how good Axl sounds.

To be honest, a lot of people I know saw Reading highlights on TV over here and told me how awful they thought Axl sounded and people here now hold that up as an example of when his voice was better just because it had some rasp to it then.

Even a 2010 clip up somewhere probably wouldn't have loads of positive comments from the general public regarding his voice. Of course the irony is at every show I have been to everyone around me has talked about how good Axl sounds.

2010 is over-glorified for some reason but I can guarantee you the same here who are frothing at the mouth to trash this were probably desperately searching for negatives during the best shows of 2010. It's so predictable, It's sad really.

I don't think NuAxl has ever really had the rasp or power to dominate Paradise City in the same venom he did with the old band - but this is nothing new. The only problem I can hear is that he tackles the song with an over-soft, "helium" voice - and goes for a bit of rasp/growl where he can. The thing is - it works beautifully on songs like Catcher and that's evident from the recordings on Youtube.

I didn't attend any show in 2010 but it will be interesting to see how much rasp and power he has in the early stages of the 3 hour long set.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

This has been explained many times before. It's a lot more difficult to determine how well someone's voice sounds when you're actually at the concert. In my opinion, its much smarter to judge someone's voice from a video, opposed to actually seeing them live.

Read the comments of the Rolling Stone article plugging this if you all still think Axl's performance "wasn't that bad" (lmfao), and that this is a good idea to release for public consumption. Almost every single comment posted was negative.

As if the general public consensus of Axl's current venture isn't bad enough already...

It'll get cancelled. Sure as day. Unless Axl is a complete delusional twat to think this is a good idea.

I don't think this an accurate gauge of a general consensus. If it was there would be no tickets sold and no demand for live shows. What I do think is that it is like this forum, everyone is waiting for the opportunity to cupcake. The same tired people spewing their negativity and the others tired of being spoken over. The people who believe in Axl learned a long time, save a few, to enjoy the ride (while it lasts) and not to feed the cupcakes. Its funny that it seems the cupcakes feed their own kind. Every person I spoke with at the shows I've seen seemed pretty positive about Axl and GNR which seems opposite to the "public consensus" you mention. Gather a consensus from actual GNR fans.

The general consensus from the general public who don't follow every single "GNR" event that takes place, is that "GNR" is nothing more than a parody of it's former self, a nostalgia, cover show starring Axl Rose and his buddies. That's it. Hate to break it to you guy, but we, as in the people that post here, make up the MINORITY of the tickets sold and the money in Axl's pocket. And even if you wanted to take a general consensus of "GNR" fans, meaning...dur...people spending time posting on GNR forums...the consensus in this thread has been mainly negative.

I'm not saying that he's, in fact, a total wash up, but there is still A LOT of talk about that kinda of negative thing floating around, and stuff like this performance, doesn't help.

You see, every once and a while, Axl gets a chance to strut his stuff in front of a wide audience with his current outfit. And, for whatever reason (Rio, Bridge School, 2002 VMAs), he usually crashes and burns. This is the first official DVD release under the "GNR" in over 20 years, and judging by the public feedback so far, this is seeming like a deterrent to take Axl seriously rather than an eye opener that Axl's still got it. It's doing nothing but adding fuel to an already well lit, nasty fire.

I totally get what your saying, but I believe that those who would spew such negativity and criticism would not go to GNR shows or purchase any GNR products. Therefore their "consensus" and opinion is invalid. Actual GNR fans, not just passer by's on the internet, are what really matters and its their consensus I'd be interested in. If there was such dissatisfaction towards Rose and his buddies, then the public have had ample time write them off. However, tickets still sell and there is a demand so I don't buy it. That right there is a perfect litmus test to gauge public perception. If us, the posters on this forum, are in the minority of the tickets sold and the money in Axl's pocket, then how do you account for all the other tickets and merchandise sold? Non fans? Doubtful. If we could somehow get all GNR fans, forum posters and not, together and poll them, that would be the consensus that matters, not the 100 or so that make up all the RollingStone and Youtube comments, which by the way does little to gauge a true consensus. I admit that every time Axl has the public stage, I wish he wouldn't squander it, but those instances don't make me believe that he's a lost hope as hes proven he can still deliver when the cameras aren't broadcasting. I like rooting for the underdog. The public will make their decision on whether Axl has "still got it" when and if (hopefully) they release a mew CD. For now, this DVD/Blu-Ray will be just fine.

Edited by Inprovinoff

Gather a consensus from actual GNR fans.

Then that would not be a "general consensus" though

It would if it was a "general consensus" of GNR fans. ;) The fans are all that matter in this "hypothetical consensus" cos they are the one who buy tickets and commercial releases.

The majority of the world thinks Axl's a joke and will laugh at his horrid vocals on the video in this thread. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You are not the majority of the world and for the ppl who post comments on internet, the vast majority are kids who never listen to GNR in the first place. They're told to listen to Kate Perry or some rapshit and brainwash their tastes.

There's nothing artistic about the show, they are releasing it for money.

i clean a mall everyday because i love it...i dont do it for the money...one day when they fire me i'll be there everyday at 7am to clean for free :) maybe axl and all the bands should start working for free.

dude...the only thing that happened is that they really want a DVD out but they picked the wrong night

I totally get what your saying, but I believe that those who would spew such negativity and criticism would not go to GNR shows or purchase any GNR products. Therefore their "consensus" and opinion is invalid. Actual GNR fans, not just passer by's on the internet, are what really matters and its their consensus I'd be interested in. If there was such dissatisfaction towards Rose and his buddies, then the public have had ample time write them off. However, tickets still sell and there is a demand so I don't buy it. That right there is a perfect litmus test to gauge public perception. If us, the posters on this forum, are in the minority of the tickets sold and the money in Axl's pocket, then how do you account for all the other tickets and merchandise sold? Non fans? Doubtful. If we could somehow get all GNR fans, forum posters and not, together and poll them, that would be the consensus that matters, not the 100 or so that make up all the RollingStone and Youtube comments, which by the way does little to gauge a true consensus. I admit that every time Axl has the public stage, I wish he wouldn't squander it, but those instances don't make me believe that he's a lost hope as hes proven he can still deliver when the cameras aren't broadcasting. I like rooting for the underdog. The public will make their decision on whether Axl has "still got it" when and if (hopefully) they release a mew CD. For now, this DVD/Blu-Ray will be just fine.

You must work really hard to create such tortured logic.

Axl is currently a joke. Many people who love him think he is currently a joke. Selling a decent number of tickets to nostalgia shows does not disprove that the majority of the public probably thinks less of Axl than the most bitter posters on this forum.

It would if it was a "general consensus" of GNR fans. ;) The fans are all that matter in this "hypothetical consensus" cos they are the one who buy tickets and commercial releases.

The majority of the world thinks Axl's a joke and will laugh at his horrid vocals on the video in this thread. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You are not the majority of the world and for the ppl who post comments on internet, the vast majority are kids who never listen to GNR in the first place. They're told to listen to Kate Perry or some rapshit and brainwash their tastes.

I'd like to add youtube, RS, blabbermouth etc.... comments are made by immature teenagers that know fuck all about GNR. Some are bitter ex-fans just because Slash is not in the band.

It's like when I was 12 years old I though U2 were shit...pure shit and I would have probably posted that online if the internet had existed. Today I am a mature man and realise U2 does not suck at all even if their music is not my cup of tea.

I'd like to add youtube, RS, blabbermouth etc.... comments are made by immature teenagers that know fuck all about GNR. Some are bitter ex-fans just because Slash is not in the band.

It's like when I was 12 years old I though U2 were shit...pure shit and I would have probably posted that online if the internet had existed. Today I am a mature man and realise U2 does not suck at all even if their music is not my cup of tea.

In other words, anyone who says anything bad about NuAxlBand is a teenager who doesn't know shit. Sure, buddy.

In other words, anyone who says anything bad about NuAxlBand is a teenager who doesn't know shit. Sure, buddy.

Hey "Buddy"

If you don't like GNR anymore why you hanging out on a GNR fan forum dedicated to the new band?

Let me take a wild guess you are a fan of the "real GNR" from the 80s and 90s? :awesomeface:

Well then for your convinience there is a section dedicated to those incarnation of the band. Please use it so we don't have to read negative, false and depressing assumptions.

Everyone who's a part of GNR is keeping the name alive. They don't have to be together to do it. Even the members of nuGuns use the GNR name to promote their own thing. They're all exploiting the name for their own projects, Tommy is the only one who came from a band that could easily headline a festival like Coachella or Lollapalooza.

I'd like to see Axl work things out with past members so they can put more archives out, work on new music with nuGuns so we have something new to listen to, and support past GNR members and their bands.

It's a lot more difficult to determine how well someone's voice sounds when you're actually at the concert. In my opinion, its much smarter to judge someone's voice from a video, opposed to actually seeing them live.

When you're at the show though, you can hear that he sounds cleaner and there's definitely some moments of mickey, but the clean vocals have so much more power that isn't captured on a video camera. Even in 2010, in a lot of videos he sounds like shit because the cameras record it all tin-sounding. Once the chaos of the first few songs has passed, you can judge how he sounds just fine while you're at the show.

I'm really excited for this release. Axl's got a big grin on his face at the beginning of the vid, he was in a good mood, looks like everyone in the building was having a blast, and Axl will sound good overall. The only songs I'm skeptical about are YCBM and RQ. I hope they show a little bit of what happens backstage in the few minutes before the show, maybe follow Axl from his room out to the stage, I'm interested in anything he does pre-show. Maybe they'll show some Izzy rehearsal stuff too...

I think anyone who's been out to see GNR over the past decade will wind up picking it up.

I won't...

They should release old shows from the old band on DVDs.

And if I don't buy it it's not because of Axl's voice, it's because I just don't like the band. I don't want to see Dj and Tommy's faces on my tv.

I think anyone who's been out to see GNR over the past decade will wind up picking it up.

I won't...

And if I don't buy it it's not because of Axl's voice, it's because I just don't like the band. I don't want to see Dj and Tommy's faces on my tv.

Rofl.

I won't...

Such a tool. You must have no friends.

Axl is currently a joke. Many people who love him think he is currently a joke. Selling a decent number of tickets to nostalgia shows does not disprove that the majority of the public probably thinks less of Axl than the most bitter posters on this forum.

I'm so glad that there's so many sensible people posting the truth in this thread preventing idiots like volcano62 from ruining the board for people who love Axl but aren't so thick like pigshit that they can't cope with mature, critical discussion.

Hey "Buddy"

If you don't like GNR anymore why you hanging out on a GNR fan forum dedicated to the new band?

Let me take a wild guess you are a fan of the "real GNR" from the 80s and 90s? :awesomeface:

Well then for your convinience there is a section dedicated to those incarnation of the band. Please use it so we don't have to read negative, false and depressing assumptions.

You make so little sense it's almost not worth responding. But since I'm a glutton for punishment...

I still like GNR. I don't like that they're called GNR, but I still like them. Basically, what this means is that I like that Axl is doing something that I can see or hear with the music (admittedly almost entirely from the old lineup, but isn't everyone this way) that I love. I saw them when they were most recently in NY. I also saw them at Hammerstein and MSG. I paid for the tickets and everything. I have just as much right to be here as you. And if I think Axl is a shell of himself, if I think he is turning GNR into a bad joke, if I think his voice sounds like the otherworldly howls of a cat in heat that just sucked helium (not a good thing), I'm going to post it if I want to. Too fucking bad if you don't like it.